spending night on mountain

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were out once cutting a trail, it was snowing and the bush was very wet, stopped for lunch and tried to light a fire. Almost impossible. Gave up. Lesson for me was too carry a simple alcohol stove.

Here is something I will NEVER go sledding without. I HIGHLY recommend them. I carry roughly a half dozen in my pack at all times, they are small like a hockey puck which is nice. Google primary cable cleaning kit. I've been using these for about 15ish years at work. They are used to thoroughly clean a cable end for the termination. One tin contains 3 small blankets inside soaked in a cleaner that is flammable. The cleaner is safe for your skin and non toxic. But holy moly will one kit burn forever. Like over an hour. They've proved time and time again to be a huge help. We use them to start and maintain bushfires when we stop for lunch as well as just simply set a can of Campbell's chunky on it and wait 5 minutes. I've been supplying friends for ages. I have no idea what they'd cost, but I doubt they are to pricey.

IMG_2644.jpg

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
an added bonus with the alcohol stove , it will absorb water in your gas tank!!!

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For everyone interested in little stoves or some type of heat source look up a product called jet boil
Small compact, and very nice for heating food,melting snow or even a heat source I suppose. Make sure to get the four season rated fuel cannisters, there better for cold weather. Ive been on the same fuel cannister for quite awhile now and its still going. Fast too, wil boil a full container of water in under a minute.Theres just nothing quite as comforting as somthing warm in the old hatch on a cold day!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
For everyone interested in little stoves or some type of heat source look up a product called jet boil
Small compact, and very nice for heating food,melting snow or even a heat source I suppose. Make sure to get the four season rated fuel cannisters, there better for cold weather. Ive been on the same fuel cannister for quite awhile now and its still going. Fast too, wil boil a full container of water in under a minute.Theres just nothing quite as comforting as somthing warm in the old hatch on a cold day!

Do you mean something like this?
c8fbb454faff585bca651d65304630ad.jpg

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the jet boil also, use it in the summer quading, i can be eating while the others are getting there fire going. haven't used it in the winter though, have heard the gas canister needs to be prewarmed as it gets colder, going to have to give it a try next -20 we get

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the larger version which is the same as what skegpro posted. Fantastic product and as many have said it boils a cup of water in minutes and can boil something like 20-30l on a single fuel cartridge. Just another one of the many tools I carry in my bag/vest that I will “never need” I am told..... if the day ever comes I can assure you that my soup will be steaming and even just cups of warm snow water will feel fantastic when I am warming from the inside out.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have bought this but received the jeboil for Christmas 7+yrs ago.
it should work well, and cost less too? keep your eyes open for gas canisters on sale, and all the canisters will work, you may have to warm them up as temps get colder.
$115 on the Zac trac site. Plus supporting local vendors

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you guys are interested in that stuff, check out the Pocket rocket from MSR. I have one that i have been carrying for several years that i forget i even have it lol.
It uses Isobutane fuel which works at all elevation your sledding at and all temperature.

I also have a Jetboil in my jet boat, its an excellent product and i recommend it but not as compact for a sled, though maybe more convenient depending on how you pack.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you guys are interested in that stuff, check out the Pocket rocket from MSR. I have one that i have been carrying for several years that i forget i even have it lol.
It uses Isobutane fuel which works at all elevation your sledding at and all temperature.

I also have a Jetboil in my jet boat, its an excellent product and i recommend it but not as compact for a sled, though maybe more convenient depending on how you pack.
And then use the muff as the pot.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a pocket rocket too many years ago.

oh, I guess you were talking about a heater...... this is embarrassing! Lmfao

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom