Sounds alittle fishy-Kijiji reply

wiseguy

Reaction score
So I posted my used STF deck on Kijiji today and I get some guy that replied to it right away. We go back and forth by e-mail a few times. I sent him some more pictures of the deck and answered a couple of questions. He agrees to buy it at the asking price. Wasn't too concerned at this point, as I sold my other deck last spring within 6 hours of posting it. He sends me an e-mail asking for my Pay Pal account name and said that a shipping company will come and pick it up when I receive payment, as he is out of the country. I use Pay Pal every so often and never hold a balance in it, so I wasn't too concerned about giving him my account name. It then gets interesting when he sends me another e-mail and says that the shipping company wants the money up front and it's going to be $2000.00 to ship it. He wants to send me the $2000.00 for the deck and another $2000.00 for the shipping and wants me to pay for the shipping by Western Union. He said that he couldn't pay for it by Western Union, as the closest one to him is 8hrs away. I then sent him an e-mail stating that you can send money by Western Union online and also asked him where he is located. It's starting to sound like a scam. Anybody else have this happen? I haven't gotten a reply back from him yet about the Western Union or where he's from. Pretty sure no one is going to spend $4000.00 to get a used sled deck.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I posted my used STF deck on Kijiji today and I get some guy that replied to it right away. We go back and forth by e-mail a few times. I sent him some more pictures of the deck and answered a couple of questions. He agrees to buy it at the asking price. Wasn't too concerned at this point, as I sold my other deck last spring within 6 hours of posting it. He sends me an e-mail asking for my Pay Pal account name and said that a shipping company will come and pick it up when I receive payment, as he is out of the country. I use Pay Pal every so often and never hold a balance in it, so I wasn't too concerned about giving him my account name. It then gets interesting when he sends me another e-mail and says that the shipping company wants the money up front and it's going to be $2000.00 to ship it. He wants to send me the $2000.00 for the deck and another $2000.00 for the shipping and wants me to pay for the shipping by Western Union. He said that he couldn't pay for it by Western Union, as the closest one to him is 8hrs away. I then sent him an e-mail stating that you can send money by Western Union online and also asked him where he is located. It's starting to sound like a scam. Anybody else have this happen? I haven't gotten a reply back from him yet about the Western Union or where he's from. Pretty sure no one is going to spend $4000.00 to get a used sled deck.

2000 bucks can almost buy you a new deck. so ya run

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exact same thing when selling my old sled......sent an email telling him where to go.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same this with me when I was selling my R1. Knew it was a scam pretty much right from the get go. I let him have it....may have went a bit overboard as I was after having a few root beers

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let him know that you need 3 weeks for the checks to clear before pickup.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There has been a number of scams the last few years, Before we bought the 800, we saw a great deal for two quads a trailer and a plow for 5600 bucks. The ad said calgary. when we inquired if the quads were available still, the seller said yes. WE said we would be in calgary that weekend and that we would like to see them. Well, we aretold that the quads were in Churchill MB. but if send the $5600 to Ebay automotive they would ship the quads out and if we didn't like them, we could send them back no charge. yeah right. Long story short if ya can't meet with the buyer, RUN like hell, it just screams scam. Paid the same for my STF and am very happy with it. I suspect that a legit buyer will be along soon.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
String him along for a while have some fun with it then tell the azzhat to get a real job
so i posted my used stf deck on kijiji today and i get some guy that replied to it right away. We go back and forth by e-mail a few times. I sent him some more pictures of the deck and answered a couple of questions. He agrees to buy it at the asking price. Wasn't too concerned at this point, as i sold my other deck last spring within 6 hours of posting it. He sends me an e-mail asking for my pay pal account name and said that a shipping company will come and pick it up when i receive payment, as he is out of the country. I use pay pal every so often and never hold a balance in it, so i wasn't too concerned about giving him my account name. It then gets interesting when he sends me another e-mail and says that the shipping company wants the money up front and it's going to be $2000.00 to ship it. He wants to send me the $2000.00 for the deck and another $2000.00 for the shipping and wants me to pay for the shipping by western union. He said that he couldn't pay for it by western union, as the closest one to him is 8hrs away. I then sent him an e-mail stating that you can send money by western union online and also asked him where he is located. It's starting to sound like a scam. Anybody else have this happen? I haven't gotten a reply back from him yet about the western union or where he's from. Pretty sure no one is going to spend $4000.00 to get a used sled deck.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's a total scam, hopefully he does not have even your paypal email addy!!! These are rampant all over sites like kijiji.... Were fish in a barrel for these scammers....

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup jsut dealt with the same thing except i knew right away when he said he would give 100 bucks more than i was asking that it was a scam i kinda chuckled and said cahs only haha

Top Bottom