Sold The XP Time for a Pro..

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or sum of use just like them ,beleave it or not i have buddies switch from the pro to the water buff and are very happy,but you probly don't want to hear that.Anyways hope you enjoy your purchase can't see it being a bad thing anything new is nice.Congrats bell32.

Totaly correct. We all like different things. I just didn't like the flat/heavy feel of the summit. But i can say i feel i gave it a honest chance with 1700kms in the hills. Alot of people just jump on for a hour and then feel they have a good idea that they don't like the sleds style. I was arctic cat before the bomb as l liked the effortless ability to move the sled. Same reason i like the new pro, Effortless.
This new BRP system looks interesting and maybe i would switch back. Time will tell.

robhayward

Reaction score
Came off an 09 46 and to be honest after I got used to a PRO (I have 9 days riding this year) they're basically the same. The comfortability is something that is learnt. I had a hard time at first but now I can ride PRO, Doo, Cat all the same. If anyone has trouble and thinks they can't do something on a certain sled then they haven't tried long or hard enough. I've got lucky and pulled some Burandt side hills on the XP, done the Alford downhill turns on the PRO and wiggled through some trees on an the 1100T.

This topic is getting so old and people are so opinionated about the brands. I switched because I was bored of looking at an XP. Bored of the same old clutching and suspension, same old dealer, etc...

All these new sleds are so fun and capable. You'll see 50 guys on any of the three more popular brands and 35 can do what they want on their sled and 15 haven't practiced enough yet. We're all still learning and getting better, those skills are universal to any brand. And there are so many changes and aftermarket parts to make any brand handle the way you want it!

Now the real difference is when the sled has over 200hp!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Came off an 09 46 and to be honest after I got used to a PRO (I have 9 days riding this year) they're basically the same. The comfortability is something that is learnt. I had a hard time at first but now I can ride PRO, Doo, Cat all the same. If anyone has trouble and thinks they can't do something on a certain sled then they haven't tried long or hard enough. I've got lucky and pulled some Burandt side hills on the XP, done the Alford downhill turns on the PRO and wiggled through some trees on an the 1100T.

This topic is getting so old and people are so opinionated about the brands. I switched because I was bored of looking at an XP. Bored of the same old clutching and suspension, same old dealer, etc...

All these new sleds are so fun and capable. You'll see 50 guys on any of the three more popular brands and 35 can do what they want on their sled and 15 haven't practiced enough yet. We're all still learning and getting better, those skills are universal to any brand. And there are so many changes and aftermarket parts to make any brand handle the way you want it!

Now the real difference is when the sled has over 200hp!

How long did you ride your pro in stock form before you turboed it?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

barrone

Reaction score
Do you know how many thousands of dollars you have to spend to lose 50 lbs ?
Yup cost much more to lose the 50 lbs off a doo than to get the 8 hp back.
That said, I bought a pro after a lifetime of doo, because of the handling.
Do I think it will out climb the doo, close but no, it wont.
Will it handle better,for me yes, for my brother, no. Depends on your riding style.
My take ? needs the wider track and another ten horse, but I wouldnt trade it for an xp , I get in crazy technical stuff and it works for me, not a point and shoot kinda rider.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't. I ride a bone stock 2010 powertek and a bone stock 2012 etec with just a 3".

Firm believer in stock with good traction.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

StewartsDragon

Reaction score
hahaha ohh you boys.. Good to hear that you made up your mind and purchased a pro, hope you like it after getting used to it. All in all the doos and pros are both awesome sled and both have their flaws and positive; however, when going from an 08 to a 13 there will be plenty of changes no matter on the machine. But the belt drive is pretty wicked I have to say. :)

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, here is the bottom line. I ride a Doo and love it. It is a far superior machine to the Polaris in most ways but when it comes to tree riding it takes second place. If anybody argues with this they are not a real agressive rider. The Doo steers through the trees like a car steers on the road while the Poo lays into the corners like a dirt bike. I cannot follow a good Poo rider up through tight trees at near the same speed because the Doo must slow to correct for directional changes and this often requires 2 feet on one board and this takes time. I ride with a couple of really good Poo riders and they are full throttle while I have to let out. Letting out causes stucks. I hope the T-Motion narrows this gap in handling.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, here is the bottom line. I ride a Doo and love it. It is a far superior machine to the Polaris in most ways but when it comes to tree riding it takes second place. If anybody argues with this they are not a real agressive rider. The Doo steers through the trees like a car steers on the road while the Poo lays into the corners like a dirt bike. I cannot follow a good Poo rider up through tight trees at near the same speed because the Doo must slow to correct for directional changes and this often requires 2 feet on one board and this takes time. I ride with a couple of really good Poo riders and they are full throttle while I have to let out. Letting out causes stucks. I hope the T-Motion narrows this gap in handling.
Don't sell yourself or the sled short Chris. The 2 characters you ride with are like energizer bunnies and are half your age. Lol. And don't tell me Ken B is one of those guys. Lol.

Justin

Reaction score
Well considering the amount you get stuck on the trail and trouble you have hitting trees in an open meadow.....
It should feel about the same as your old XP fella.

signedge

Reaction score
The gas consumption is not even close. You will be heading down the hill praying for a thimble more of gas if you buy the polaris. But both are good machines.Let me know next year what a 1 year old Pro sells for when you come back to the good side. Baahahah.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't sell yourself or the sled short Chris. The 2 characters you ride with are like energizer bunnies and are half your age. Lol. And don't tell me Ken B is one of those guys. Lol.

You've seen my kid Colby ride the 700 IQ and Johnny Hurkot on that 163 Pro is un-stoppable. Sure their young but Johnny has been riding a Summit lately because his Poo keeps breaking down and he cannot get the Doo to dance like the Poo. No Ken B is not who gives me a run for my money, Haha.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You've seen my kid Colby ride the 700 IQ and Johnny Hurkot on that 163 Pro is un-stoppable. Sure their young but Johnny has been riding a Summit lately because his Poo keeps breaking down and he cannot get the Doo to dance like the Poo. No Ken B is not who gives me a run for my money.

I personally think it is what you are comfortable with. Corey Micku looks pretty solid on a Doo and Burandt is solid on a Poo. How did you guys make out on your fuel run at Revy last weekend?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have to say. that I heve been a die hard Doo guy, since the early 90's. But buy a Pro!!!!!
There isn't anything that compares to a REV like a PRO! And I am going to get chit on for this post.

Top Bottom