Sold The XP Time for a Pro..

bell32

Reaction score
Just sold my 08 Xp, gearing up to snow check a new pro just wondering some of the big differences Im going to notice with the pro?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lack of power, lack of traction. Maybe a bit easier to throw around. But extremely awkward handling. Good luck. They are a "fun" sled but seriously lacking in most areas.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Lack of power, lack of traction. Maybe a bit easier to throw around. But extremely awkward handling. Good luck. They are a "fun" sled but seriously lacking in most areas.

Sometimes I think you create an alter just to argue with yourself... :rolling:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another consideration for ya may be the yammi, the fit and finsh is far better than the XP, the dependability is thru the roof better, and since Doo has been adding weight every year, the new lightened Yammi's and the Doo's are becoming quite similar in ride and feel. Both display excellent trail handling characteristics, major trenching issues, really weird bang your knee-cap type steering, and a definite aversion to carving or fun factor filled deep snow activities. When stuck, you'll be quite comfortable with the getting unstuck behavior , cause the Yammi will immediately remind you of the XP. Doo braintrusts have taken note apparently of Yammi's concept of make it havier to make it stronger, and good for them, they seem committed to that goal.

PS; if you aren't blessed with natural riding skills or aren't a quick learner, the option of putting a 174 track on any of the newer sleds is always a good consideration also. And don't pay any attention to all the guys who poke fun at ya for the 174, we call it a compensator (i'm sure you can quess what for) because if thats what it takes for you to hang with your better skilled riding buddies, you should go for it. As long as you're having fun.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another consideration for ya may be the yammi, the fit and finsh is far better than the XP, the dependability is thru the roof better, and since Doo has been adding weight every year, the new lightened Yammi's and the Doo's are becoming quite similar in ride and feel. Both display excellent trail handling characteristics, major trenching issues, really weird bang your knee-cap type steering, and a definite aversion to carving or fun factor filled deep snow activities. When stuck, you'll be quite comfortable with the getting unstuck behavior , cause the Yammi will immediately remind you of the XP. Doo braintrusts have taken note apparently of Yammi's concept of make it havier to make it stronger, and good for them, they seem committed to that goal.

PS; if you aren't blessed with natural riding skills or aren't a quick learner, the option of putting a 174 track on any of the newer sleds is always a good consideration also. And don't pay any attention to all the guys who poke fun at ya for the 174, we call it a compensator (i'm sure you can quess what for) because if thats what it takes for you to hang with your better skilled riding buddies, you should go for it. As long as you're having fun.
^^ this is why you don't eat paint chips kids. just say no

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca

Puff Puff Pass...

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just sold my 08 Xp, gearing up to snow check a new pro just wondering some of the big differences Im going to notice with the pro?

Everything. Not the most powerfull engine (but not a big gap either). Handling..check out what all the rest of the Doo and Cat converts are saying about the Pro on this site and other forums. Thier testimonies say it all. You will then know who on this site not to trust for reliable information. The new Doo is sounding like a big improvement. Great, but so is the Pro and it already is noted for it's increadable handling.

Reactions: cs5

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode with a guy who had the same 800 XP. He took my Pro for a rip and said it was awesome, I had kind of a hard time getting it back from him. Yes its has some flaws but so does every other sled out there (yes even the doo). I have talked to a person who owns a dyno and has had all the sleds on his dyno and he will say that the doo is the most in HP but only 8 more than the pro. Just his words not mine. I like my sled, I'm not ready to ride anything else and I have rode both the new Arctic Cat and a Doo as well as the tank nytro. The Pro is the only sled that I have rode that doesnt want to level out flat while tip sidways when you let off the throttle. Just my :twocents:

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard you need some side skis so you don't full over on flat ground, just saying.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode with a guy who had the same 800 XP. He took my Pro for a rip and said it was awesome, I had kind of a hard time getting it back from him. Yes its has some flaws but so does every other sled out there (yes even the doo). I have talked to a person who owns a dyno and has had all the sleds on his dyno and he will say that the doo is the most in HP but only 8 more than the pro. Just his words not mine. I like my sled, I'm not ready to ride anything else and I have rode both the new Arctic Cat and a Doo as well as the tank nytro. The Pro is the only sled that I have rode that doesnt want to level out flat while tip sidways when you let off the throttle. Just my :twocents:

Do you know how many thousands of dollars you have to spend to get 8 hp.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Handling on the trail up isn't near as good. You will notice the narrower track in traction and flotation unless you go longer.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know how many thousands of dollars you have to spend to get 8 hp.

Wasn't arguing with ya, just stating a fact. Yes I know how much money it takes to get 8 hp but hp isn't everything all through it accounts for a lot.

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it's time for a poll. I am wondering what people would rather have if 2 compairable sleds had nearly the same power to weight ratio but one was 50 lbs lighter. Which really will be the better handling one? More power and maybe a better track helps with some aspects but not all. Opinions folks....

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it's time for a poll. I am wondering what people would rather have if 2 compairable sleds had nearly the same power to weight ratio but one was 50 lbs lighter. Which really will be the better handling one? More power and maybe a better track helps with some aspects but not all. Opinions folks....
The guy was asking what he would find different.........

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so if you are going to make them the same hp, then might as well make them the same weight, then do the poles.1st-doo 2- 2013 doo and last maybe another doo. But I doo like to ride with the poo.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

:popcorn:This could get good.

Top Bottom