So you still think Mexico is safe?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mexico is on my no fly list personally. So many places to go with same amenities athat are way safer and beggars arent bothering you all the time.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of all the places we have visited. I really like Mexico. Never had any issues.

I never watched the show, but if the mafia wants to get involved in tourism, that doesnt bother me. They dont **** in their back yard, if the money they are after is tourism money, they will take care of the tourists. Not good for business if you keep hurting them.

Just a thought, doesnt the Mafia still control a great deal of Vegas? Doesnt seem to be harming the flow of cash into that town.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never watched the show, but if the mafia wants to get involved in tourism, that doesnt bother me. They dont **** in their back yard, if the money they are after is tourism money, they will take care of the tourists. Not good for business if you keep hurting them.

Just a thought, doesnt the Mafia still control a great deal of Vegas? Doesnt seem to be harming the flow of cash into that town.

I thought the Mormons did. I heard about this last year when we visited Vegas. So I looked it up.

Chunk

Reaction score
We own in Mexico. Go down a few times a year. Very safe. Most of the crap goes on between locals, and the majority of the stuff that happens to non locals usually is late night after lots of booze.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We own in Mexico. Go down a few times a year. Very safe. Most of the crap goes on between locals, and the majority of the stuff that happens to non locals usually is late night after lots of booze.
Did you watch the show? The video of the guy shooting those 4 guys in the SUV was in the morning on a major road a block from the beach. 2 million Canadians visit Mexico every year so your odds are low to get killed in some crossfire from drug dealers but that’s a chance I won’t be taking ever. Better options for a good time.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Was a little disturbing to say the least.
I always thought Cancun and the Mayan Riveria was a nice fairly safe place.

Opinion changed after wathing W5.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you watch the show? The video of the guy shooting those 4 guys in the SUV was in the morning on a major road a block from the beach. 2 million Canadians visit Mexico every year so your odds are low to get killed in some crossfire from drug dealers but that’s a chance I won’t be taking ever. Better options for a good time.

same stuff happens in Canada as well. Hang out for a few days in downtown Vancouver.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We have friends who go down annually and thoroughly enjoy it. They have never seen a problem and just can't fathom the scenario.

I have never been a fan of travelling to so called "drug" countries and depressed areas. I find travel in Canada/northern States/Hawaii just fine thank you very much.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have friends who go down annually and thoroughly enjoy it. They have never seen a problem and just can't fathom the scenario.

I have never been a fan of travelling to so called "drug" countries and depressed areas. I find travel in Canada/northern States/Hawaii just fine thank you very much.

Agreed. I’ve been to Mexico several times and will not go back. It’s now a narco-state and is rapidly descending into a $hithole country. We used To go into cancun to Walmart etc and last time the whole atmosphere of the city was different. Felt like I was being sized up by the locals several times. You’d likely not have a problem in the tourist areas, but there’s no guarantee and if you do, you can’t trust the police and the hotel/resort you’re staying in will do their best to hush up any problems if it occurs on or near their property. Not to mention the health care there is sketchy at best.
Hawaii/ Florida/ Carolinas are a much safer, cleaner although more expensive bet.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it any more dangerous than sledding?

I know lots of people that have been killed sledding, I don't know one person that's been killed in Mexico.

i love Mexico, I'll take my chances...
I'd rather die doing something I love. Been randomly shot or having my head lopped off is not something I choose.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't think being barried in an avalanche would be much fun.

each to their own, more tequila for me.
No it wouldn't. But in a minute you pass out and its over. Not laying in the street bleeding out till some third world doctor loses me on a table.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No it wouldn't. But in a minute you pass out and its over. Not laying in the street bleeding out till some third world doctor loses me on a table.

might have every bone in your body broken first and your limbs ripped off first, sounds great.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might have every bone in your body first and your limbs ripped off first, sounds great.
Or your head sawed off. Saw that on an ISIS video. Can't un see that. Enjoy your tequila. I'm a rum guy.

Chunk

Reaction score

same stuff happens in the states. At least in Mexico they’re on a mission (still not good for whomever is collateral damage), and not randomly killing for the hell of it.

Top Bottom