SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
November 24, 2023 by Adam Malik

Carmakers tap brakes on EVs​

Electric-hybrid-EV-Depositphotos_382574048_S.jpg

Image credit: Depositphotos.com
Economic concerns and high costs are pushing some automakers to take their feet off the pedal when it comes to electric vehicles.

Two domestic OEs — Ford and General Motors — along with Tesla are slowing down their electric ambitions. With interest rates high, pushing already expensive vehicles to a higher price range when tied to financing, and consumers worried about the economy as inflation sits higher than they’d like and everything in general costing more, tens of billions of dollars of stated investment appears as though it’ll be held back.

The news comes as Canada saw its highest battery electric vehicle registration stats ever. S&P Global Mobility reported that one-in-10 new vehicle registrations in the third quarter were BEV. Zero-emission vehicles (BEVs and plug-in hybrids) accounted for 13 per cent altogether.

Still, GM has ditched its goal of building 400,000 EVs by next summer. It’s also delaying the release of some new models.

Ford is pushing back its plan to spend $12 billion on EV factories. They reported that customers are showing reluctance to pay extra for such vehicles.

Tesla slashed prices this year and still saw sales fall. Now the company may delay building a $1 billion plant in Mexico.

That said, automakers said they’re still committed to electrification. But with so many competitors — from legacy OEs to new ones — competition has forced prices to stay relatively low. Profits are not there yet for many companies and demand isn’t enough to offset low margins.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is possibly the most brutal meme I have seen!

Even the CBC is reporting about the failures of the ev industry and its products. Who would have thought CBC would jump on the ev bashing bandwagon?

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is possibly the most brutal meme I have seen!

Even the CBC is reporting about the failures of the ev industry and its products. Who would have thought CBC would jump on the ev bashing bandwagon?
Facts over Emotions, just think if the 1,s buying EV,s seen this at the dealerships or on billboards, they actually might give it a second look or not. To bad they are the only ones that think they are saving the planet by falling for this crap. Simple grade 5 science tells us that all living things need "carbon" to live. When all the carbon is gone they will be gone to lol!

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know about that friend, been reading some articles and seems like Hydrogen is going to go ahead, roughly 0.8kg of hydrogen per 100km/l. In the end some of us know they cannot drill for hydrogen gas nor does a carbon capture plant help out plant life it simply starves plant life. Hydrogen may be the way to go even if it has ltd range ability which could improve and you would not need to upgrade infrastructure or use acre upon acre of land for charging stations while stealing from the taxpayer enormous amount $$ to supply/build, lets see what happens going forward here because most know Electric does not work in cold climates, and the huge diesel machinery to get the ingreds to make the battery and add enormous weight to ev,s on roads is not going to work.

BMW says Goodbye to Electric Cars; it has now Solved the Problem of Hydrogen Engines – MES​

https://hydrogen-central.com/bmw-sa...w-solved-the-problem-of-hydrogen-engines-mes/

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those that bought into the EV fad best hope it don't. I think Hydrogen is the way to go if we are to go green.

Hydrogen uses 3x the energy of an EV.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know about that friend, been reading some articles and seems like Hydrogen is going to go ahead, roughly 0.8kg of hydrogen per 100km/l. In the end some of us know they cannot drill for hydrogen gas nor does a carbon capture plant help out plant life it simply starves plant life. Hydrogen may be the way to go even if it has ltd range ability which could improve and you would not need to upgrade infrastructure or use acre upon acre of land for charging stations while stealing from the taxpayer enormous amount $$ to supply/build, lets see what happens going forward here because most know Electric does not work in cold climates, and the huge diesel machinery to get the ingreds to make the battery and add enormous weight to ev,s on roads is not going to work.

BMW says Goodbye to Electric Cars; it has now Solved the Problem of Hydrogen Engines – MES​

https://hydrogen-central.com/bmw-sa...w-solved-the-problem-of-hydrogen-engines-mes/

I read the article. What problem did BMW solve?

EldestEldo

Reaction score
Facts over Emotions, just think if the 1,s buying EV,s seen this at the dealerships or on billboards, they actually might give it a second look or not. To bad they are the only ones that think they are saving the planet by falling for this crap. Simple grade 5 science tells us that all living things need "carbon" to live. When all the carbon is gone they will be gone to lol!
Plants did just fine before humans started emitting all that extra carbon.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reach out and ask them

I just thought an article would address the topic brought up by its own head line. There is almost zero retail h2 infrastructure in North America. Electricity on the other hand seems to be pretty wide spread.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just thought an article would address the topic brought up by its own head line. There is almost zero retail h2 infrastructure in North America. Electricity on the other hand seems to be pretty wide spread.

I am sure more info will come out in time on H2 and they will tweak some of the issues. Thing with Ev,s is the amount of space/infrastructure along with mining the essential ingredients to make the battery's and the overall weight of these vehicles, almost as heavy as a half ton and that is just a small car. The shear acre's needed for charging stations is astounding, compared to what would be needed for H2 from what i can gather at present. This will be an interesting thread to follow going forward with regards to both vehicle types.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure looks like facts to me. Anybody can make an excel spreadsheet

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I dare you to check the numbers yourself and find one that’s wrong.

Top Bottom