So will Lesnar meet his match?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling he is gonna get his block knocked off. Should be a good fight.:beer::d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lesnar will crush Velasquez in the same fashion as Carwin. he may take some shots getting to him, but he will shoot on him, get him down and work him into a submission. I don't see Velasquez punching any harder than Carwin does....

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screw the submission lets see these big apes swing it out and actually fight!!! Carwin would have tuned lesnar if it would have stayed on the feet. I wanna see a real fight this time toe to toe like the first bonnar and griffin fight now that was a real fight!!! Down with the ground games!!!

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Lesner is and will always be a tremendous athelete... carwin in my opinion had he not gassed out would have been the only likely contender... Brock is for lack of better terms a freak of nature. and if he does get beat.... be sure that he would come back bigger and stronger.. he has the money to back him and the work ethic to take it too the end.... hey what ever happened to the crazy horse... is he still shell shocked

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a hundred that says Cane tko's Lesnar.

He is as good or better a wrestler than Brock. He has a Purple belt BJJ and DOES hit as hard as Carwin.
The fight should be all in the stand-up area. Brock will only have a 25-30 lb or so advantage over him so I believe Brocks plan will be A la Randy Couture. Pin him to the fence and use that weight to wear him down, then look to take him down. Cane will dirty box to create space and then put him away with bunches of punches

thats my .02

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a hundred that says Cane tko's Lesnar.

He is as good or better a wrestler than Brock. He has a Purple belt BJJ and DOES hit as hard as Carwin.
The fight should be all in the stand-up area. Brock will only have a 25-30 lb or so advantage over him so I believe Brocks plan will be A la Randy Couture. Pin him to the fence and use that weight to wear him down, then look to take him down. Cane will dirty box to create space and then put him away with bunches of punches

thats my .02

x2 on that one lets go cane down with lesnar

aaron_m

Reaction score
Will be an interesting match. Both Div 1 wrestlers, both can throw bombs. Carwin didn't have the cardio like i think Cain has.
Either way, really, is it worth the $50? Likely get a couple buddies and some boxes and pit in for the night.
Come on UFC, Tito Ortiz as a co-main event? Maybe 5 years ago. The jake shields fight will be an interesting one as well considering he destroyed former golden boy dan hendo.

On a side note, last year, while on holidays on the big island in Hawaii, ran into a true legend (even though he's taken a kicking last 2 fights) in BJ Penn. For all the crap he gets, much justified, he was really nice and made time for my family to visit with him. After that, we decided to go see his gym up in Hilo. For you old school Stampede wrestling guys, this gym, reminded me of the old Hart basement gym. Wow. Some scary dudes there in Hilo.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lesnar is an amazing athlete for his size and unbelievably strong! That being said he's, not that good of a fighter and when he runs into someone that is even close to as strong or as big, he gets shown up. If Randy was a 265lb'er he would have killed him and in the first round against Carwin, Lesnar cowered in the corner like a little b!tch! That proved he can take a punch I'll give him credit plus he's got amazing cardio for his size etc etc and he won the fight but he's not the best "fighter" There is a lot of fighters with better skill than Lesnar but they are just not big enough. Lesnar is back to 290+ by fight time. He's just too big. In my opinion they need a super heavy weight division and no one would be even close to Lesnar. If heavy weight was from 205 to 245lbs and super heavy weight from 245 to 285 or something like that. My opinion anyway.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And then they all get old and then someone younger and fitter comes along and whoops their ass.... :D

Eventually Lesnar will meet his match, then eventually the same will happen to that guy, and so on.

We all get old and feeble, then we die. Some just get punched in the face more than others before they land in the pine box. :D

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saying that cain has as good of wrestling as lesnar is insane. cain is a GOOD wrestler, lesnar is an AWESOME wrestler. and the weight difference is HUGE. at weigh-ins it might only be 30 lbs, but by fight time, lesnar is rolling at 285-290 again!!!!! and even IF cain can hit as hard as carwin, lesnar has shown he can take that, and keep rolling. not too mention, just like any big guy(even more so with brock though than most) he only needs to hit you ONCE really good to knock you silly. i see lesanr taking this in round 2 or 3

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And then they all get old and then someone younger and fitter comes along and whoops their ass.... :D

Eventually Lesnar will meet his match, then eventually the same will happen to that guy, and so on.

We all get old and feeble, then we die. Some just get punched in the face more than others before they land in the pine box. :D

You got that right, they all fall apart. Mike Tyson is a prime example maybe for different reasons but the same result.

scorpio

Reaction score
Lesnar is already at 265, he won't need to cut weight for weigh-in.

The fight could end either way depending on who gets lucky with a solid punch. In my opinion this doesn't prove anything. Submissions prove who is a better fighter as they take significant skill and strategy. Lesnar will submit Velasquez.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Punching Lesnar is like poking a Grizzly bear with a stick. I don't think anyone is going to beat him for a long time....unless they get lucky like Mir did. :beer:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saying that cain has as good of wrestling as lesnar is insane. cain is a GOOD wrestler, lesnar is an AWESOME wrestler. and the weight difference is HUGE. at weigh-ins it might only be 30 lbs, but by fight time, lesnar is rolling at 285-290 again!!!!! and even IF cain can hit as hard as carwin, lesnar has shown he can take that, and keep rolling. not too mention, just like any big guy(even more so with brock though than most) he only needs to hit you ONCE really good to knock you silly. i see lesanr taking this in round 2 or 3
well put fitty....no way Cain is as good a wrestler Brock is. Arizona state champ is a long way off from NCAA champ. Velasquez' wrestling looks good against guys his own size but he won't be throwing Lesnar around like that.

Carwin gassed himself trying to crack that melon when he had Lesnar pinned on his back against the cage, anything short of a Cro Cop style head kick I don't see anyone knocking him out standing. But we are talking MMA, anyone can win on any given day.

Top Bottom