So will Lesnar meet his match?

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with out a doubt lesnar will punish cain! He barely got past cheick kongo, i dont think he ll evn make it outta the first round

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carwin only stood a chance because Lesnar was out for so long before that. He's getting better every fight, I doubt it will even be much of a fight.

Lesnar is amazing. Not a cocky f'er like a lot of guys like mir.....

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't see Velasquez making it the distance with Brock...that being said I would like nothing better then to see Brock get his ass hande to him as I am in no way a fan of his but just don't think there is anyone in the division big enough or strong enough to handle him. The guy is a FREAK both in size and agility and will have his way with Velasquez just like everyone else he faces...by fight time he will be 280-290lbs again which by comparision will make Velasquez look like a kid...but here is to hoping that there is a huge upset and there is a fluke punch or a lucky submission put on Brock by Velasquez but the reality is this will be a one sided fight with Brock laying a beating on yet another victim.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carwin only stood a chance because Lesnar was out for so long before that. He's getting better every fight, I doubt it will even be much of a fight.

Lesnar is amazing. Not a cocky f'er like a lot of guys like mir.....
when he first fought in the UFC I hated him. he had that wrasslin' attitude, he was arrogant, cocky, and had little respect for the other fighters. I think having a couple good fights, and almost dying from diverticulitis has humbled him a bit, he is not as abrasive as he was. Everyone wants to see the little guy knock the giant down, me included. I just don't see it happening anytime soon except for a lucky punch (and then 20-30 more) or kick to the head....lol.

I always thought Frank Mir was one of the mellowest heavyweights, crashing his motorcycle and almost ending his career really calmed him down as well.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno,

Lesnar was cowering like a little girl at the end of the first round against carwin.
Carwin shoulda finished him off, but ran out of juice.

Should be a gooder!!:d:beer::d

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when he first fought in the UFC I hated him. he had that wrasslin' attitude, he was arrogant, cocky, and had little respect for the other fighters. I think having a couple good fights, and almost dying from diverticulitis has humbled him a bit, he is not as abrasive as he was. Everyone wants to see the little guy knock the giant down

Well said - I hated his attitude at the start but I think he has really changed over the last year. You have to respect that a big heavy guy can move that fast............. he is an interesting fighter to watch but I still have a hard time shelling out $50 to watch him fight.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well said - I hated his attitude at the start but I think he has really changed over the last year. You have to respect that a big heavy guy can move that fast............. he is an interesting fighter to watch but I still have a hard time shelling out $50 to watch him fight.
Go to any bar, and shell out 10 bucks... cheap entertainment

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for someone to take brock down and carwin should have been the one but he gassed out. I don't think that cane will beat c*ck cheastner.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched a pre-view on Spike a couple days ago and they mentioned they have never had anyone of Valdez's size with that kind of cardio, they were showing him grappling for 15min straight and hardly breakin a sweat. He might not be able to wrestle as good or hit as hard but i think this just might take him the distance. I agree with others Carwin had him finished but he just ran out of gas before he could put him away.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saying that cain has as good of wrestling as lesnar is insane. cain is a GOOD wrestler, lesnar is an AWESOME wrestler. and the weight difference is HUGE. at weigh-ins it might only be 30 lbs, but by fight time, lesnar is rolling at 285-290 again!!!!! and even IF cain can hit as hard as carwin, lesnar has shown he can take that, and keep rolling. not too mention, just like any big guy(even more so with brock though than most) he only needs to hit you ONCE really good to knock you silly. i see lesanr taking this in round 2 or 3

so your saying he can take major bombs when he is hudled into a ball into the corner just trying to survive the first round looked like carwin knocked him stupid with those first round punches to bad the pussy had to do his only move and take it to the ground like a lightweight would do! oh sorry lightweights go more toe to toe than lesnar ever will!!! maybe he should go to fight camp with the littler guys learn how to actually stand up and fight not just roll around pinning people with his fat . he got lucky that carwin gassed and was able to take him down. I must say ufc is getting pretty lame now! it should go back to the old style no rules no classes tourney style. When i see two big gorrilla's like these guys going at it I wanna see punching and stand up not some ape roll and crawl on the ground. pretty lame when the lightweights stand up longer and go toe to toe more than the heavyweights do.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so your saying he can take major bombs when he is hudled into a ball into the corner just trying to survive the first round looked like carwin knocked him stupid with those first round punches to bad the pussy had to do his only move and take it to the ground like a lightweight would do! oh sorry lightweights go more toe to toe than lesnar ever will!!! maybe he should go to fight camp with the littler guys learn how to actually stand up and fight not just roll around pinning people with his fat . he got lucky that carwin gassed and was able to take him down. I must say ufc is getting pretty lame now! it should go back to the old style no rules no classes tourney style. When i see two big gorrilla's like these guys going at it I wanna see punching and stand up not some ape roll and crawl on the ground. pretty lame when the lightweights stand up longer and go toe to toe more than the heavyweights do.
watch boxing then. this is MMA....you hate BJ Penn's style? how about GSP? Matt Hughes? I agree stand up is more exciting but "mixed" martial arts is how a guy like Frank Mir could submit Lesnar. How about Urijah Faber? he is as exciting as a lightwieght gets, due to his all around skills in stand up and BJJ.

Lesnar wasn't "lucky" Carwin gassed, he withstood everything Carwin could throw at him and prevailed. Carwin should have let him stand up, and keep winning on his feet like he was instead of punching himself out hitting Brock's covered head.

the only reason UFC has made it's comeback from the grave is the rule change, no fight commissions would allow the former rules....ie: kicking a guy in the head while he's down. It's also why Pride never made it in North America. without the changes we wouldn't be discussing it right now, because it would have been long dead....credit must be given to the Fertitta's and Dana White for resurrecting the UFC to it's current glory.

gotta take the good with the bad....

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
carwin did knock lesnar silly, at first. then if you actual watch what was happening, carwin wasn't really hitting brock that much, more his hands and arms. so i guess the COWERING was working for him as he knew carwin would gas and he could withstand the onslaught. PUSSY, bwahahahahahaha, lets see you stand there and take even ONE of those shots!!!! or better yet, say that to lesnar, then i bet you wouldn't be so tough. typical armchair quaterback, always thinking they could do it better. also, calling brock fat is like saying an anorexic gal should stop eating, it's just a friggin rediculous statement!!!!!!!!! and as tee said, you want to see straight stand up, watch boxing! in MMA all your skills have to come into play. that's why james toney got his AZZ handed to him by couture. no way could couture stand with that guy, it would have been plain suicide. so he took him down and submitted him. that's what you do in MMA, play to your strenghts and against the other guys weaknesses

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think i would rather watch boxing the ufc fights have sucked majorly since ufc 100 only reason i'm watching it now is to see brock get his block knocked off then waiting for silva to get his knocked off too. I know it is MMA and yeah it is exciting to see all the different styles of fighting that is for sure but I wanna see more toe to toe action the ground game is exciting when people are actually working and trying to submit people. I just wish these big oggers would stand up and scrap it out!!! leave the wrestling and submission moves to thelightweights lets see some bombs land here not just a big guy putting a guy on the ground and using his weight to submit him. if u were to see two big guys square up at a bar would you wanna see them wrestle around on the ground or stand up and swing it out I know my pick is for the stand up action like heavyweight fights should be!!!

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think i would rather watch boxing the ufc fights have sucked majorly since ufc 100 only reason i'm watching it now is to see brock get his block knocked off then waiting for silva to get his knocked off too. I know it is MMA and yeah it is exciting to see all the different styles of fighting that is for sure but I wanna see more toe to toe action the ground game is exciting when people are actually working and trying to submit people. I just wish these big oggers would stand up and scrap it out!!! leave the wrestling and submission moves to thelightweights lets see some bombs land here not just a big guy putting a guy on the ground and using his weight to submit him. if u were to see two big guys square up at a bar would you wanna see them wrestle around on the ground or stand up and swing it out I know my pick is for the stand up action like heavyweight fights should be!!!
and that right there is the difference between joe public(bar fights) which i enjoy watching too, and PROFESSIONALS(ufc etc...) remember, these guys do this for a living, not just for our enjoyment or because someone spilled their beer. and like ANY professional, they are gonna do what best enables them to win in the shortest and easiest way possible for them, thus make more money. the more bombs they stand and take, the more likely they are to get knocked out by the other guy. once you get knocked out, it seems to be easier to get knocked out again! just look at liddel and wanderlai silva. why stand up against a guy who possibly has better punching skills than you when you can go to the ground and use your superior skills!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and that right there is the difference between joe public(bar fights) which i enjoy watching too, and PROFESSIONALS(ufc etc...) remember, these guys do this for a living, not just for our enjoyment or because someone spilled their beer. and like ANY professional, they are gonna do what best enables them to win in the shortest and easiest way possible for them, thus make more money. the more bombs they stand and take, the more likely they are to get knocked out by the other guy. once you get knocked out, it seems to be easier to get knocked out again! just look at liddel and wanderlai silva. why stand up against a guy who possibly has better punching skills than you when you can go to the ground and use your superior skills!

Exactly. Plus I don't know what he's watching but I cannot stand the lightweight fights. They looking like frickening pussys most of the time. The heavyweight is were all the action is. And how many knockout wins does Lesnar have? A lot more then submission wins i'm pretty sure. IMO his fights are the most entertaining to watch, except for the fact most are so short :d

Carwin only stood a chance because Lesnar was out of it for so long and hadn't fought. I am sure if they fought again it wouldn't be a contest.

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This should be a pretty interesting fight. I don't buy into the fact that Lesnar is an amazing wrestler, he is good but not amazing. If he was he would have been able to take down Carwin in the first round of his last fight and he would of had an easier time taking down the much smaller Randy couture. I know everyone makes a big deal about being ncaa champions and all that crap but the bottom line is that was all of 10 years ago and I'm sure both guys have evolved since then. Remember probably the best wrestler in the game is gsp and he has none of the credentials that some of the people he fights have. I personally think the fight is going to come down to who can land the hardest punch. I think each fighter is going to have a tough time taking the other down. If the fight goes more that 2 round I think brown pride is gonna take it, however if Lesnar can score some takedowns early in the fight and use his good ground and pound I would give it to him.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saying that cain has as good of wrestling as lesnar is insane. cain is a GOOD wrestler, lesnar is an AWESOME wrestler. and the weight difference is HUGE. at weigh-ins it might only be 30 lbs, but by fight time, lesnar is rolling at 285-290 again!!!!! and even IF cain can hit as hard as carwin, lesnar has shown he can take that, and keep rolling. not too mention, just like any big guy(even more so with brock though than most) he only needs to hit you ONCE really good to knock you silly. i see lesanr taking this in round 2 or 3

Lesnars head trainer has said that Brock is already at 265 and won't be cutting this time. Brock even said that he was lucky that the ref didn't stop the Carwin fight. Fight math is totally useless because anything can happen but If Cain can put the same pressure on him that Carwin did without gassing, then we will see the first Mexican HW champ !!!!!!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh well if lesnar wants to win by wrestling around then send him back to the world wrestling groups he wrestles and uses his weight he has no submissions other than using his weight to choke you out by laying on you. Now GSP and Penn, couture, all those guys have some serious style and moves from on the ground Brock doesnt he yes has amazing cardio but he has no stand up skills or actual submission skills just a ton of freakish weight and cardio. the real champ should be able to do it all wrestle, PUNCH, and do submissions not just wait till the other is gassed then pounce and pin with your weight

Top Bottom