So What's Better??

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks the old sleds will compete with the new sleds is just wrong. Don't matter how much money you throw at it, the new platforms are way better, technology keeps improving things for us.

I bet that either of the sleds modman has for sales would embarrass more than a few new sleds in the hands of someone who knew how to use them.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Exactly what I was going to say.... no doubt that s chasis of his would out "doo" (thats for you Maxwell) my 07 M8 snow-pro which was built on 80's technology.....

I bet that either of the sleds modman has for sales would embarrass more than a few new sleds in the hands of someone who knew how to use them.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, climbing straight up a hill and super deep...duh!! a d&r does squat for handling.
ALL newer sleds perform better all around than the rev.
Not possible. The REV is older. Just ask some of the people on here. Cant happen. Say it aint so. LMFAO.

Last edited:

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are forgetting the original question was comparing a high priced mod sled to a brand new sled WITH 10k of extras. No offence but i seriously doubt modmans sled will wipe up a new sled running a turbo or even a new sled running a PAW 1100 twin in it (not exactly sure if you can get a 1100 twin for 10k but it's probably close). Get your heads out of the sand people. This is a no brainer. Everything that cost 40k to do to the sleds back in the day is what has been addressed in the last 15 years. Yes you can still do more to the new sleds, but not a crazy amount like you used to be able to. The new sleds ARE that good. That is why we don't still ride 15 year old sleds.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent a pile of cash on my old 2002 RMK, had to, just to make it useable for mountain riding. Boss seat, handle bar riser and bracing, SLP kit, ect. ect. it went OK but had a mind of it's own sometimes, sure as hell wasn't flickable !!!

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent a pile of cash on my old 2002 RMK, had to, just to make it useable for mountain riding. Boss seat, handle bar riser and bracing, SLP kit, ect. ect. it went OK but had a mind of it's own sometimes, sure as hell wasn't flickable !!!

The Edge was a horrible chassis. No amount of money could fix that.

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And it was an improvement over the gen two which was better than the wedge.

And that's why a 40k mod is no where near as good as a new sled with a turbo/big bore. LHF has finally admitted you can't fix old outdated! Good on you LHF you are coming around!

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And it was an improvement over the gen two which was better than the wedge.

And that's why a 40k mod is no where near as good as a new sled with a turbo/big bore. LHF has finally admitted you can't fix old outdated! Good on you LHF you are coming around!

All I said was the Edge wasnt a good chassis. Just because its newer doesnt make it better. Do you actually think the REV was an improvement over the ZX?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it was, I had an zx, at the time in 2006 I dropped and rolled it, put an 151 2 1/4" 16 wide track in it off an 06 rev, and an RKT 827 bigbore. That same year my uncle bought a brand new 151 Rev 800 x,put a can it. That sled rode smoother in the moguls, and outclimbed in the powder (was close to eachother), the rider forward chassis take more of the rider weight off the back of the sled, helping you trench less, no way around it. The next year when he put in the same bigbore I was running it was game over. So I bought an RT 1000 and have been beating on them ever since.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's laid a licking on any wedge I ever seen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LHF why don't we just go ride this year, I've been trying to see that thing go since you we're blewbyou on snowest lol , that's a long time.

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You gotta give LHF credit. He probably wants to ride. I think he really does. But he probably can't find any parts for that old machine to fix it up. Either that or he's so embarrassed that he has 40k into a sled and still ended up with a rainblow paint scheme that he can't be seen on it.

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throwing good money after bad spending money on an oldie. Might be "Flickable" though!! Like a booger stuck to your pickin finger. Totally Flickable!

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it was, I had an zx, at the time in 2006 I dropped and rolled it, put an 151 2 1/4" 16 wide track in it off an 06 rev, and an RKT 827 bigbore. That same year my uncle bought a brand new 151 Rev 800 x,put a can it. That sled rode smoother in the moguls, and outclimbed in the powder (was close to eachother), the rider forward chassis take more of the rider weight off the back of the sled, helping you trench less, no way around it. The next year when he put in the same bigbore I was running it was game over. So I bought an RT 1000 and have been beating on them ever since.
Did it have the cheesy drop and roll from Specialty Sled or the real deal from MM?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I intalled the specialty one, just wanted enough clearance to not have to drop down driver size, I realize the mountain magic one would have been better, but cant see it making much differance. In the summer of 2005 I was 16 and on the quite the sled part budget.
So if you have to drop and roll the zx an extreme amount to make it work as good as the rev does factory, how does that make it a better chassis LHF?

Top Bottom