SNOWMODAYS? snow drags

xcya

Reaction score
anyone going to the drags at alberta beach? (feb,17) I think.
If anyone has more info I would like to know.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I entered the races last year and had a great time. Great setup and great people. Really want to enter this year too, but too many other things happeing the family day weekend.

I'm actually disappointed to see so many rallies and races on this weekend. Really limits a sledders ability to take in all the events.

Anyway, here is a link for you:

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im hopin to be their with an 1160 big bore for the mountain open class.:D

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Think I will head the other way and go sleddin,hear the snow is pretty good up north,After the big dump it should be good and everyone will be at sno mo days.
catmando!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our weekend plans have changed.....for the better. Looks like I'm in on the races again this year.

Yes Catmando, with the snow it would be a great weekend to ride.....so I'll ride Friday, Saturday, race Sunday and ride Monday. What more could a guy ask for.

I'll be racing my stock 06 Crossfire 600 and my ZR 800. Likely the 800 in improved stock since my aluminum idlers are considered a "lightweight" part.....Yeah right!!! I lose but at least I get to race. Usually get the hole shot with 800 but can't finish against those Firecats.

Be interesting to see if the 2 stock 600 class cheaters are back again this year.

xcya

Reaction score
Who are they and what do they ride? There are so many ways to cheat its just plain stupid, thats why I run in the improved class only now.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who are they and what do they ride? There are so many ways to cheat its just plain stupid, thats why I run in the improved class only now.

Yeah, I realize that stock class is a crap shoot, but I have fun anyway. One guy on a Poo one on a Cat. While waiting for our final couple heats the guy riding the Poo proceeded to tell me the mods he had done to his "stock" 600. I don't think he realized what he had said. Cat guys sled was so obviously modded I'm not sure how tech didn't catch it. Funny thing is alot of the aftermarkets sell their products as "cheater" parts so I guess it goes with the territory. Like I said though, I still have fun and learn things along the way so it's always a great day....and I can always take pride in knowing I did well with my truly stock sled.

Now that the directors have moved my ZR into improved because of my lightweight idlers, I may have to start getting into more engine mods and lightweight parts. Fun, fun, fun.........now where's my wallet.......

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's NW of Spruce Grove, take 16 west until hwy 43 and then north from there, you can't miss the turnoff

xcya

Reaction score
ZRrrr, there are cheater head kits, I have one on my xc600sp and it works awsome, you cant tell it's there. I run 87 octane on a 92 octane kit because we are at 2,300 feet elevation so it's ok. I also have pyro's to keep an eye on temps. You can also lower your cylinders to change port timming and that works awsome and undetectable. Ski-doo guys can buy thinner base gaskets and not get cought.OOPS, gave away thier secret. My point, stock will never realy be stock so go improved. Hope to meet some of you guys out there on sunday and might go there on saturday for the poker rally, if you see a red poo xc600 with kickass written on both sides of the hood come and say HI.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ZRrrr, there are cheater head kits, I have one on my xc600sp and it works awsome, you cant tell it's there. I run 87 octane on a 92 octane kit because we are at 2,300 feet elevation so it's ok. I also have pyro's to keep an eye on temps. You can also lower your cylinders to change port timming and that works awsome and undetectable. Ski-doo guys can buy thinner base gaskets and not get cought.OOPS, gave away thier secret. My point, stock will never realy be stock so go improved. Hope to meet some of you guys out there on sunday and might go there on saturday for the poker rally, if you see a red poo xc600 with kickass written on both sides of the hood come and say HI.

Looked for you on Sunday. You actually parked your sled in front of my two a couple times. When I went to say hi you were not there or I was racing.

Turned out to be a good day despite the icy track. Did not do so well in first race...800 improved. Could not get traction and lost of course. Second race was with the 600 Crossfire. I had been watching where traction was in that lane and it worked. Got out quick and took the field by a couple lengths. It seemed a long wait for the second 800 race so I inquired with the directors. They checked and said I missed it. Told them i didn't see it on the board. We went and looked and saw that the previous race sheet was slightly stapled over my race, hiding a bit of my number. Too bad so sad. Was in the final for 600. When I looked at the field it was a Firecat in front of me, a newer Crossfire and a Rev behind me. Looked good! Then the driver of the Firecat gets off the sled and walks away.....guess to replaces him....yup, cheater guy. Of course he won, and by a long ways. So tell me how a 121" inch firecat can beat two 136" Crossfires and a Rev so bad, when the rest of us were so close together. Hmmm....you would think this would be a flag to race oraganizers. But I digress....

I lost traction out of the hole since they had moved the start line up a few feet and onto icy stuff again. Did pass the Rev and caught up to the Crossfire. We were neck and neck at the line, but they had to make a decision and gave me third. So I walked away with a third place plaque that night and I was happy. Learned a lot again that day and had fun.

Some of the best racing was out on the lake near the end of the day. Traction was MUCH better. At times there could have been as many as 15 guys lined up. That was fun!!! Had a guy on a clutched, piped 900 ZR 121" race me several times. Would depend who got the hole shot. He was surprised when I told him my 136" ZR was a stock engine 800, stock pipe. A couple times I was told "that is the fastest ZR800 I have ever seen". Made me proud as I have spent a lot of time looking for efficiencies and playing with clutching.

A great day for sure. Time to prep for Wetaskiwin. Hope there will be some traction this time.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My two rides and a family that REALLY loves their kids.

Attachments

• Snowmolining 2008 059 (Medium).jpg
    Snowmolining 2008 059 (Medium).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Snowmolining 2008 066 (Medium).jpg
    Snowmolining 2008 066 (Medium).jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 71

becks

Reaction score
hey new to all this so ill sound pretty uhm dumb,yup its a girl here just got bike for xmas was out at indian graves but now to much snow anyone know of other places with less snow, you know for beginner speed. around high river preferably

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The way you've put graphics on the cube van is Awesome...way to go...

Oops...not my van....guess it sounded like it was. Just saw it at the races and thought it was really amazing how far these parents had gone for their kids. I can dream that one day when I have small team of my own we can do the same.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My two rides and a family that REALLY loves their kids.

Is that Pro XR in the first picture a long track? If so, I think it was the same guy that was winning some races in Wetaskiwin last year. I think it was a 151" with a two wheel kit in the rear. It was done up pretty good. Really cool looking sled.

Top Bottom