Snow?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to break it to y'all, but I heard that snow is cancelled this year.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh what do you know you ride a ski-don't! :p :D

You've been gone far toooo long joey.....I sold both my other sleds and have since moved on. I didn't really believe it was you until I saw the reference to Maynooth, now I know its true. Glad to see you are living in the promise land now and have gotten away from politics in Victoria. You didn't find any nice girls in Sooke? LOL

Let's hook up for that ride you always wanted........I want to blow your mind buddy. https://www.snowandmud.com/snowmobile-chat-14/skidoo-32640-48.html :D

PS. I just checked the webcam and there is still no snow in Tumbler Ridge.......

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You've been gone far toooo long joey.....I sold both my other sleds and have since moved on. I didn't really believe it was you until I saw the reference to Maynooth, now I know its true. Glad to see you are living in the promise land now and have gotten away from politics in Victoria. You didn't find any nice girls in Sooke? LOL

Let's hook up for that ride you always wanted........I want to blow your mind buddy. https://www.snowandmud.com/snowmobile-chat-14/skidoo-32640-48.html :D

PS. I just checked the webcam and there is still no snow in Tumbler Ridge.......

hey man I'd be down! like that other thread said, I will be in onterrible for christmas, but we could meet on a weekend somewhere between abbotsford and calgary. halfway point somewhere

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey man I'd be down! like that other thread said, I will be in onterrible for christmas, but we could meet on a weekend somewhere between abbotsford and calgary. halfway point somewhere

Just keep your sled with you in GP and we'll grab Imdoo'n and Tex and go riding at Onion Lake near Sundre when it opens next spring. Take an avy course if you are riding in the mountains bud, it should be mandatory (even on the coast).

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just keep your sled with you in GP and we'll grab Imdoo'n and Tex and go riding at Onion Lake near Sundre when it opens next spring. Take an avy course if you are riding in the mountains bud, it should be mandatory (even on the coast).

well the soonest I will be in Gp is around april 26 ish (when school is out) still ride then? how much is it for an avy course? I would take one. this past year my dad and I were riding Mt washington and we were having a highmark contest with each other as were super competitive with one another. I beat him (had my RX1 at the time) and I went just about to the top and it broke loose and tried to take my with it, half way through my U-turn I jumped on the other side of the running boards and CRANKED the throttle and went over a rock, shot up over the top, went a good 8 feet in the air and just made it. snapped a ski bolt on the rock. made for an interesting ride home haha

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the soonest I will be in Gp is around april 26 ish (when school is out) still ride then? how much is it for an avy course? I would take one. this past year my dad and I were riding Mt washington and we were having a highmark contest with each other as were super competitive with one another. I beat him (had my RX1 at the time) and I went just about to the top and it broke loose and tried to take my with it, half way through my U-turn I jumped on the other side of the running boards and CRANKED the throttle and went over a rock, shot up over the top, went a good 8 feet in the air and just made it. snapped a ski bolt on the rock. made for an interesting ride home haha

Highly recommended that you take the course, lots of good guys down on the coast, worth every penny bud. That west coast powder can get wet and heavy, please get the training and the gear, it seems like a big investment at the time but your life is worth more than any amount of gear could cost. The training will teach you how to avoid the bad terrain, so that hopefully you never have to use the avy gear. If you can't afford new gear some guys on here will have something you can buy 2nd hand, I'll buy a new beacon and send you my old beacon if that's what it takes. Make sure your dad gets gear too, he will need gear if he is going to save your life. it won't do you any good if only one of you has a beacon. Google avy courses in your area or go to the CAC website, they should have a listing, there are lots around. There is an online one that isn't as good as the real ones, but it will give you some background into what the real ones will teach you. Search it on this site, someone had the link a little while back, it might have been a sticky. Maybe they can post it if they see this.

No one should be judging, we all start and learn somewhere. I rode for a lot of years in the hills without gear before I started seeing people die. The new sleds can get us into terrain we never thought possible 20 yrs ago. I ride well into May every year, most years into June. April is a good time to ride. Get your training and gear, and bring your sled.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just flew from Ft Mac to Vancouver and never seen a a lick of fresh the entire way

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No doubt, with the heat wave the last week snow wouldn't last if it had fallen

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah, He booked it. it wasn't a HUGE one or anything, neither of us have training. neither of us have money, thats why I drive a 94 cummins and not a 2013 cummins and a 01 mountain max and not a 2014 viper. not everyone makes clears 6 figures there man.

So you sent an avalanch down to your dad and have no training?

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highly recommended that you take the course, lots of good guys down on the coast, worth every penny bud. That west coast powder can get wet and heavy, please get the training and the gear, it seems like a big investment at the time but your life is worth more than any amount of gear could cost. The training will teach you how to avoid the bad terrain, so that hopefully you never have to use the avy gear. If you can't afford new gear some guys on here will have something you can buy 2nd hand, I'll buy a new beacon and send you my old beacon if that's what it takes. Make sure your dad gets gear too, he will need gear if he is going to save your life. it won't do you any good if only one of you has a beacon. Google avy courses in your area or go to the CAC website, they should have a listing, there are lots around. There is an online one that isn't as good as the real ones, but it will give you some background into what the real ones will teach you. Search it on this site, someone had the link a little while back, it might have been a sticky. Maybe they can post it if they see this.

No one should be judging, we all start and learn somewhere. I rode for a lot of years in the hills without gear before I started seeing people die. The new sleds can get us into terrain we never thought possible 20 yrs ago. I ride well into May every year, most years into June. April is a good time to ride. Get your training and gear, and bring your sled.

I will definately look into it asap! do you know any places near said riding area with cheap - ish storage? none here at the college and don't want to drive back to victoria to get my sled every time I wanna use it

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah, He booked it. it wasn't a HUGE one or anything, neither of us have training. neither of us have money, thats why I drive a 94 cummins and not a 2013 cummins and a 01 mountain max and not a 2014 viper. not everyone makes clears 6 figures there man.
That's NO excuse! I've had to dig out way to many people being stupid to have patience for the no money for training bull$!**! If you don't have the proper training stay home or stick to sub alpine trails simple as that! What would you have done if your dad was actually buried??? It doesn't take a HUGE one to kill you...

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's NO excuse! I've had to dig out way to many people being stupid to have patience for the no money for training bull$!**! If you don't have the proper training stay home or stick to sub alpine trails simple as that! What would you have done if your dad was actually buried??? It doesn't take a HUGE one to kill you...

actually physically not having the money kind of is an excuse....if you were selling me a truck for $500 say and I came to you with nothing.....I wouldn't get the truck....you cant get something that you dont have the money for....just sayin....

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually physically not having the money kind of is an excuse....if you were selling me a truck for $500 say and I came to you with nothing.....I wouldn't get the truck....you cant get something that you dont have the money for....just sayin....
Then you stay out of the back country and not put your or others lives on the line! Going into the back country with no training is plain stupid. I don't think you realize how easily you could have killed your dad...

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Renting gear is always a option, your telling me you do t have $30 to rent gear ? What's your fathers life and yours worth to you ? No $ is not an excuse for ignorance and lack of common sense.

Sure hope your taking "Life skills and common sense 101" as your major in collage !

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

U know what joey. If u go up the hill with out beacons , probes ect don't bother.

Cause if u get in a slide , and some one helps. Can't find u. What do ya think the person that couldn't find going to feel like ??

They may never ride again. And all because Ur a dumb cheap azz.

Use Ur peanut brain dude come on.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

Top Bottom