Snow in Nordegg and Rocky Mountain House!

canamrotax

Reaction score
After Friday night's blizzard, the ditches are pretty fun around Rocky, just got back after a short ride. Fields are too windswept, not enough accumulation of snow, you have to ride from drift to drift to have fun. Hopefully another dump of snow will come in a week and we can get riding proper!:)

CB1

Reaction score
Ranger and onion still need snow. Not enough to ride from staging area. If you haul sleds in 15 km from stage area with a rhino or mule you can ride and hit land mines! Better riding in March.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have to wait for a long time for that area to get snow usually jan to feb before good riding snow.

cherniaka

Reaction score
Has anyone been to onionlake yet, going up to nordegg 15th of jan need to know if there is any snow in the area. thanks Alan.

Last edited:

CB1

Reaction score
I have to laugh, If you read back the last 95 posts it is quite accurate. There is never enough snow in the onion lake area until maybe january but normally have to wait for the later spring snows in february or march. This year is no different!!!!!!!! Go ride if you like but take your quad because it will be easier.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
There is enough for sleds,,,,,,, may be doing some tours out there before the new year,,, going out to look at some spots today for guiding,,, been too busy at work this year for anything,,,,, and looks like most sleds are being rented out for xmas........

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about the pipeline west of Rocky? Enough snow on it yet?

Went ditch cruisn near Chambers Creek on the way home from Revy on Sunday--nice fresh powder with no tracks,heard the trails were not as deep

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So any snow in nordegg/Humming Bird area? Anyone been out there lately? I figured since the last post was 2009, that I'd ask LMAO

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never been to that area, here it kinda sucks, never any snow.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if i don't go sleddin on dec 2-3, maybe take a ride out to the hummer that weekend. just a lookie see.

Top Bottom