Snow in Nordegg and Rocky Mountain House!

silver fox

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Uhhhh, now I see!

Attachments

• harlech 2 09.jpg
    harlech 2 09.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Harlech feb 09.jpg
    Harlech feb 09.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 85

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm from Red Deer and have never been out west of Rocky and the pictures look like the conditions are really good right now. Where do you stage at?

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes i would like to know a good place to stage as i would like to pinner that way on sunday

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a dealer in rocky that has all the maps of area and i beleive they were free as well. they are located to the north of the highway when you first come in. if i remember right they are a polaris/kitty cat dealer. talked to them on the phone about the same thing last year but never made it out that way. If you call in advance i am sure they would leave a map out for you. if i remember right they are closed sundays and onlyu really short open hrs on sat. hope this helps you guys a bit. i just googled the area. try mountain extreme sports 403-845-6906. they should be able to hook you up. happy trails:snowmobilers_wave:

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey silver how far did you stage from rocky and was it west towards noregg or towards cow lake

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to find out where to stage at as well. Never have road in the Rocky Mtn House area yet. Like to do a day trip this Sunday possibly.

Polaris_Smithys

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go to the www.srdgov.ab.ca fielg offices/clearwater/bighornbaskcountry site and see were you can ride sleds as you are only allowed in certain areas.

You can ride west of rocky/cow lake area

1- at boundary area almost anywhere, staging at the forestry tower, may require some bushwacking (bring saw).
2- hummingbird/onion lake stage at parking lot area/ can also access ranger creek from here
3-scalp creek closer to ya ha tinda area
4-sugarbowl out by the david thomson resort west of nordegg stage at the dump sign just east of the resort

should be enough snow to ride, caution a few hidden gotchas out there, as there has not been enough snow for a few years out there.
you could try pm safari guy on this site as he lives in the area.

may try to get out on sunday for a ride may try the hummingbird, or boundary .

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't have to go to far, should snow most of the week. onion/hummingbird should be good to go. As long as the wind doesn't pick up to much, before the snow packs in.
boundary area should be real good as the trees will lock the snow in, may have to take a tour out there real soon. :beer

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
heading out west of cow lake tommorow will post some pics and stories tommorrow. will be riding an 01 summit 800 and buddy has a 99 RMK 700 white chevy black trailer incase anyone else wants to join.

cheers :beer:
kelly

Top Bottom