Snow Conditions in the Robb and Edson Area

lander800

Reaction score
Just seeing if someone out there knows what the snow conditions are in the Robb & Edson area, we are planning a trip the second weekend in March.

Thanks in advance

tmurphy

Reaction score
I haven't personally rode around the area this year. But reports from others that have are positive. Pipelines and cutlines are holding great snow. A few guys went into Ruby Falls a couple of weeks ago and said they were in waist deep show in some sheltered areas. We've had some mild weather and rain since then though.

lander800

Reaction score
I am thinking of taking a drive next week or the week after, just to have a look my self and see what the conditions are like. They are suppose to get some snow in the next little bit but who knows. Thanks and if any one else has some input please let me know.

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just North of Hinton and snow is deep.... Up over my knees with a great base.nothing in town as usual.

Downhiller_77

Reaction score
Hey looking at heading into Ruby Falls in the next week or two. Just wondering where you stage out of and how far the road is plowed. I haven't been out there in close to 15 years and at that time we staged out of Whitehorse campground as the road wasn't plowed past there. I know things have changed significantly since then with the mine and a few more FLUZ's. Also any recent snow reports? Thanks!

Polaris Indy Trail

Reaction score
We just rode Edson this past weekend. We staged at Sundance (8 miles west of Edson). Trails were all good, hard packed but a little rough in some areas. We did find a few places off the trails to go in and play at. We talked we some locals at the warming cabin. He said fr the cabin up to the ski hill was even more scenic (we didn't go to the ski hill, had the wives with us). He also said they ride the trails right up until April (they have way more snow then us). Overall it was a great weekend for riding. Would go back in a flash.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey looking at heading into Ruby Falls in the next week or two. Just wondering where you stage out of and how far the road is plowed. I haven't been out there in close to 15 years and at that time we staged out of Whitehorse campground as the road wasn't plowed past there. I know things have changed significantly since then with the mine and a few more FLUZ's. Also any recent snow reports? Thanks!

The pembina river road is usually plowed but not the road past the staging area back to cadomin.
I haven't been this year but the trails are usually pretty good when it comes to snow but once get to the valley and start following the river up to the falls the snow gets pretty scarce it gets wind blown good in there, lots of rocks to watch out for. but the falls are pretty sweet to see all frozen up.

Last edited:

lander800

Reaction score
Are there any mark trails around the Lovett area or are they just the cut lines and transmission line?

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just spent the day up past Robb towards cadomin, and in the trees and cutlines basically any thing not facing south has good snow at least two feet. Had a blast all day.

Sent from my S5 while I am slacking at work.

lander800

Reaction score
That's awesome to hear, just worried about the next week or so with temperatures rising and little to no snow in the forecast. I guess things could change and we could get a big dump of snow and then we would be set. :pray2:

lander800

Reaction score
So the count down is on, the big question is there going to be snow south of Robb or not. Any information would be great and appreciated. Heading out Friday morning, there has to be snow in the bush. We plan on making the best of it. Thanks

Top Bottom