Smokin Renegade 800

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cut the oil back on my 05 800 renegade? We had the cable adjusted, checked the linkage at the pump and still using 3.5 litres of oil to a tank of gas. Thanks

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cut the oil back on my 05 800 renegade? We had the cable adjusted, checked the linkage at the pump and still using 3.5 litres of oil to a tank of gas. Thanks

Was the cable adjusted to the proper spec's?? Is the cable frayed at all, where it might cause it to stick and hold the arm in an open position??? Because yah that is some exccessive oil comsuption like by crazy amounts...

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cable slack has to be taken out before adjustment. Just in case you don`t know...you have to move you throttle alittle to take up the slack. The carbs and the oiler will not move for the first little bit. My 08 xp had about 2mm of movement before it moved the carb sliders or the oiler.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah once you take the slack out of the throttle cable with the throttle lever there is a mark on the oil pump that should line up with the mark on the oil pump lever.. The only hard part about setting it up is usually seeing the pump...LOL..

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Call your dealer and they should be able to fax you an update on the oil pump drive cable adjustment. My 04 was also burning a bit too much oil so I called Ecko Marine and they faxed me the cable adjusment update that was for the 04 Revs. It outlined the free play in the cable and the proper adjustment. If you don't get anywhere with your dealer let me know and I could fax you my copy if I can find it.:)

Top Bottom