Smart phones

evan3000

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a smart phone for work , to check emails and what not. I would like to stick to the Tellus network so the I phone is out. my wife has a Blackberry (the one with the big screen?) I find it hard to use. Does anyone have any recommendations. It needs to be fairly durable as it will be my work phone. It seems there is a lot of options out there, any input would be appreciated
Thanks

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a blackberry pearl for myself and its been a year and so far its standing up better than my razr or krazr did and i use it for work, just get the leather pouch with the magnetic flap, everyone seems to that pouch

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
the lg rumor was a good phone for me but i'm on bell...make sure to get a good case though i broke my screen out but i also work construction and tend to get heavy into my work soemtimes, orther than that the phone was great for e-mail, text, surfing, ect.

wiseguy

Reaction score
I've got a Blackberry 8830 World edition with an Otter case for it when I'm at work. Work's awesome. The case is a hard plastic with a rubber cover and plastic cover for the screen and keypad. It's a little bulky, but it keeps the dust and rain out. Just check out We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com They've got cases for all kinds things.

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
use the BB Pearl for personal, and Storm for Business. Way faster typing on the pearl, storm takes some getting used to. Full keyboard mode on the storm not so good for sausage fingers, tend to hit the wrong letter and feedback is slower than you can type.
Storm much better for email viewing and surfing though.....

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been using the BB Pearl for 2 years now. It has been great and I like the size a lot. Dropped many times and keeps going. Most of my work is predominantly by phone so the Pearl was better for that. I now find that I need more capability so I have the new BB Curve from Rogers coming.

I was sent information on the new Palm smartphones coming out. Looks like they should give Apple a real good run for the money. Bell will be the first to pick up the line here in Canada. After seeing the demo video and specs, I really like the new Palm Pre a lot!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a Blackberry 8830 World edition with an Otter case for it when I'm at work. Work's awesome. The case is a hard plastic with a rubber cover and plastic cover for the screen and keypad. It's a little bulky, but it keeps the dust and rain out. Just check out We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com They've got cases for all kinds things.

th wife has the same setup. seems to work really good for her but my fingers a little fat for the buttons. but once i used it a bit i would probably get used to it. seems to work great,8mths no problems yet.

evan3000

Reaction score
I went with the Curve 8330, The Otter box case looks pretty cool I will have to invest in one of them. It take a bit to get used to navigating through the phone,but I have had it for 2 days now and like it a lot.
Thanks for the replies.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
use the BB Pearl for personal, and Storm for Business. Way faster typing on the pearl, storm takes some getting used to. Full keyboard mode on the storm not so good for sausage fingers, tend to hit the wrong letter and feedback is slower than you can type.
Storm much better for email viewing and surfing though.....

Ditto, awesome phone but typing can be a real bugger with my fat fingers.

Top Bottom