SLP Single Pipe

tmurphy

Reaction score
Anyone put on the SLP single pipe and can on the 800 etec yet? If so, what is your opinion on it? Noticeable gains or losses?

deman686

Reaction score
My uncle and cousin just bought two new sleds. They both put the slp pipe and can on them. They claim they rip. more responsive and makes powder quicker and longer through the power band. There alittle quite for me but when u nail it they do sound good.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll sell you mine. Only used 2 trips, but it's just a little too quiet for my taste. I have just the pipe for sale.

Belt holder fell down onto it, so it has a little bit of black plastic melted onto it. I'll give you a deal.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talk to cory micku at revolution performance group he'll set you up just right on that etec! he's not slp but bikemann I have the kit on mine and love it!!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, full kit installed after break in. Noticeable gains on top end. Mid range gains are questionable as I am still tweaking the clutching. Anytime you can feel something in the thumb dyno you know it works. Slight weight loss on whole system.

Stock clutching with full SLP set up was instant gains at WOT. 300+ rpm gain on top. Rode one day with stock set up, rode second day same area, same pulls in just about the same snow and it performed better. Its a huge pipe. I guess I am getting old as I actually like that it isn't stupid loud through low/mid range but at 7300rpm this thing wakes up nicely and barks.

The only difference in the 2011 and 2012 part numbers is the 2011 has the belt holder piece which you don't need if you have a '12 with the cvt cover. Installing the y-pipe was a pain for the two bottom inside bolts. Now way could I get my long ball end 3/8" drive in there. Ended up making a 1/4" long ball end to work.

What I will say is it exposes how bad the clutching is for the mid range on this sled.

Joum39

Reaction score
Yes, full kit installed after break in. Noticeable gains on top end. Mid range gains are questionable as I am still tweaking the clutching. Anytime you can feel something in the thumb dyno you know it works. Slight weight loss on whole system. Stock clutching with full SLP set up was instant gains at WOT. 300+ rpm gain on top. Rode one day with stock set up, rode second day same area, same pulls in just about the same snow and it performed better. Its a huge pipe. I guess I am getting old as I actually like that it isn't stupid loud through low/mid range but at 7300rpm this thing wakes up nicely and barks.The only difference in the 2011 and 2012 part numbers is the 2011 has the belt holder piece which you don't need if you have a '12 with the cvt cover. Installing the y-pipe was a pain for the two bottom inside bolts. Now way could I get my long ball end 3/8" drive in there. Ended up making a 1/4" long ball end to work.What I will say is it exposes how bad the clutching is for the mid range on this sled.
Do you have an 11' or 12'?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
'12.

I wouldn't be against running a Bikeman set up either. Great reviews. Only seen one sled running it, but it worked well.

Joum39

Reaction score
'12.I wouldn't be against running a Bikeman set up either. Great reviews. Only seen one sled running it, but it worked well.
I had a terrible mid range bog on my 11' then switched everything over to the 12' clutching and geared it lower, took the set screws out to run at a different clicker and mine has smartened right up! The sled snaps now and pulls hard and consistently through the ranges. But that won't help you if you already have a 12' I guess.

YFZ 450

Reaction score
I have the full system on 2011 Freeride and I like it, I like it alot alot I mean alot. Good so far more torque & pulls hard at WOT and everthing in between.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found my bottom end bog has vanished now with the full kit and clutching done. yeah just over 7000 this puppy comes to life and I love it! we were out riding North kootney pass area last weekend in the pass and found an area were you could do some nice wheelies I pulled those skis for a good 70-80 feet on the back bumper could have went further with it but the trees were coming quick! I think the slp and bikemann kits are gonna be good setups for these etecs. I may even send mine next door to the machine shop get the heads all done as well heard that makes some serious gains on these sleds

Top Bottom