SLP Pipe & Silencer

don4802

Reaction score
I have a 2009 Polaris 600 Shift IQ 144. I'm looking at getting a pipe and silencer for the sled as well as some clutch work done. I bought the sled for ditch banging because I don't get to the mountains very often, but when I do it would be nice to lighten the sled up a bit and get some extra HP out of it. Does any body have any recommendations?

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Polaris 600 Shift IQ 144. I'm looking at getting a pipe and silencer for the sled as well as some clutch work done. I bought the sled for ditch banging because I don't get to the mountains very often, but when I do it would be nice to lighten the sled up a bit and get some extra HP out of it. Does any body have any recommendations?

If you are going for light weight and don't mind your sled being a little louder, go with the pipe, but get an MBRP can. :twocents:

don4802

Reaction score
What's wrong with the SLP? I get mixed information on it. Some say it works and some say it's a waist of money. You know louder with out the gain in HP. Is there any extra tuning with the MBRP, or is it just plug and play?

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with the SLP? I get mixed information on it. Some say it works and some say it's a waist of money. You know louder with out the gain in HP. Is there any extra tuning with the MBRP, or is it just plug and play?

The SLP can is still super heavy. The MBRP one is probably half the weight. There's not question that both will work. Ultimately it's your decision though. I'm also not sure how you can purchase just the pipe from SLP though. With an SLP can on these new sleds they are barely any louder than stock.

Top Bottom