Sleep Apnea

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am convinced I have sleep apnea. Its happened alot and again this morning I wake up unable to breath. After 10 seconds or so of getting up and moving around (no idea where I thought I would be going) I was able to breath again normally. I have taken the sleep test twice now and both times they tell me your fine. If I could just buy a machine to help without a prescription I would but I realize you cant do that and I am sure there is a valid reason why.

Anyone out there have this problem? Is there anything else to do?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well...I don’t know you, so don’t take it the wrong way.....lose weight. I’m a big fat bastard....when I get below a certain weight, no more snoring, no more snorking (apnea) and no more heartburn.
Edit: I dumped 50 lbs 2 yrs ago and have been holding....none of the issues listed above, whereas before I had all....

Last edited:

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mean this is the nicest way, you are still a big bastard. I agree, dumped 35 and can drink scotch till bedtime with no snoring or heartburn.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have sleep apnea and use a cpap. There was no mistake I had it. Max heat beat was crazy fast and I stopped breathing often. Was always run down.

Did you take the test at the same place? There could be other issues going on too.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve had sleep apnea for 16 yrs and have never lost my breath , on my 4th machine . I don’t see your symptoms related too sleep apnea . I however know the ones that do , every single one I assure you.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You will stop breathing but it will wake you up , you will not know why you woke up, your wife might lol

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
http://www.sleepfx.ca/

You can get a machine to help sleep.

sleepfx has a lot of outlets and places that can test you.

Did they send you home all wired up to sleep a few nights to download results

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to be around 240 pounds. Now I'm down to 200-205 and I'm 6'2" tall. trying to get to 185-190. I have noticed the issues have decreased but this last one was a bad one. I did the take the stuff home and wear it while you sleep test a couple of times. I think it really depends on how I fall asleep. It usually takes me hours to fall asleep. I think if I wind up on my side I'm ok.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I know you can get the machine from sleepfx to help sleep.
They work great.
Usually covered by benefits

Best to get checked again as it’s not healthy for a person to have sleep problems or stop breathing. .

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is also two types. I am lucky enough to have both. One is just your airway being blocked. The other is you brain doesn't signal you to breathe. You may have the second but they should be able to detect it.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Respiratory Homecare Solutions is the place I went to. Expensive but insurance covered most of it. I bought my last mask off amazon. It was $100 vs the 250 Rhs was charging.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so don't mind me asking how did you loss 50 pounds?
Well...I don’t know you, so don’t take it the wrong way.....lose weight. I’m a big fat bastard....when I get below a certain weight, no more snoring, no more snorking (apnea) and no more heartburn.
Edit: I dumped 50 lbs 2 yrs ago and have been holding....none of the issues listed above, whereas before I had all....

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trouble falling asleep? Smoke an indica fatty before bed and sweet dreams....
Seriously, I have a friend who never smoked but has high stress job and could not sleep. Got a prescription and sleeps fine now.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so don't mind me asking how did you loss 50 pounds?
Real easy. Quit drinking during the week. Just to qualify: I was a gym rat for many years and I'm not a small person, 6'3" and 300 lbs lean for many years. I let 'er slide over the years with my desk job...when I was having breathing issues and heartburn I was 310-320 lbs, but pretty darn fluffy. Quit weekday beers/wine....I do a bit of cardio 3-4 times a week and some easy resistance training for 45 min 3-4 times a week. Been holding 260-265 lbs for a while now. I could probably do 240-250 if I quit pissin it up on weekends....but I like it too much. Hehehe

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had similar symptoms a number of years back - wake up completely out of breath but it lasted more than a couple minutes mostly, I assume, due to the panic like feeling of not being able to breath. Was entirely stress driven. Once I got rid of the source of my stress the issue went away. They still haven't found the body yet so all is good :)

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have sleep apnea.
Provincial sleep group was great, although I could get an identical machine for 30% of the cost online, they still gave me a bunch of free stuff and they also set up my machine..

I am a moderate case.. (30 to 40 episodes an hour) that seems a lot but it is seemingly worse. It affects your wellness and hypertension..

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It might work in your case if i was to lose 50lbs I would weigh 100lbs lol and I have a snoring problem.

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleep apnea can be more common than one thinks. Was talking with a guy at work the other day about it. He said he has it bad and is only about 150 lbs. So it's not just us fat guys. I had my test a while back, I was moderate they said. I would quit breathing up too 7 times in an hour for 30 seconds at a time. My breathing would go shallow and drop too below 80%. I lost 100 lbs over a yr and the wife said I didn't snore anymore. So I thought great I will sleep without my mask now because I hate the god damn thing. Well needless too say I woke up tired and cranky all the time. Might not be snoring anymore, but definitely still have the shallow breathing and have lots of apneas during the nite. So back too wearing the mask I guess.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow I didnt know so many people had this problem,I snore and am told by the wife i stop breathing for periods while sleeping.I didnt want to get tested because I thought the mask was stupid and would be hard to sleep with,maybe i should consider giving it a try.

Top Bottom