Sledding Pink Mountain Area

TJ 800

Reaction score
I know this is a little early but trying to get something planned up for the winter. Gonna be working north of Fort st John this winter close to Pink mountain. Will have a couple days off every so often, but to far to travel home. So might as well through the sled on the deck and try and get some riding in. Just wondering where good area's are? (mountain riding ). Any Info would be great.. Who knows maybe I could hook up with someone or group this winter and go for a rip with.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turn just before Pink Mtn onto the Cypress road .
Stay west on it till the old Shell airstrip and there is old seismic line that you take back into the hills.
It's about 10-12 k till Brady's cabin and then another 8 or so till your into the open mountains.
Good riding and big area but be good to catch someone going in to hook up with.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If nothing else there should be some nice cut lines that you should be able bag down! And Tumbler and Chetyn are not that far away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard good things about pink but I've never been there. Hoping to make it up that way a few times this winter!

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The FSJ snowmobile club has a cabin at Redfern Lake which is in the area.

TJ 800

Reaction score
Thanks for that.. but do you know roughly what KM the airstrip would be at?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or how far before Pink the Cypress road is? I know there are a couple roads off to the right heading north - I'm assuming it's one of those.
Always see tracks in the ditch and I know closer to Nelson there are a few spots I seen guys unload.

TJ 800

Reaction score
Cypress road is on your left couple hundreds before pink mountain.

• Thanks
Reactions: LBZ

getoan

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me whereabouts the old shell airstrip is on the Cypress Road? A couple of my buds and I brought our sleds up to camp in Pink Mountain and hope to find a decent play area. Went scouting last weekend down the Cypress about 30-35 km down but didn't find the airstrip, any help would be appreciated

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me whereabouts the old shell airstrip is on the Cypress Road? A couple of my buds and I brought our sleds up to camp in Pink Mountain and hope to find a decent play area. Went scouting last weekend down the Cypress about 30-35 km down but didn't find the airstrip, any help would be appreciated

you have to go right at the y that goes up a small hill and takes you past the old cypress cemetary, follow that road until you meet a a road to your right (around 10kms....not sure it could be more) and take it the airstrip is 1km in on your right

getoan

Reaction score
Man, I was right there! I was in past the ol cemetery and followed the road to the right until it stooped being maintained. So from the ol airstrip there's a sysmic cut line you follow south towards the men's?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where you make a right is about 14kms from the cemetery, and the cutline west is about 8kms in on that road, its 32km into the pass and I haven't heard of anyone going all the way in yet this year, not much snow in there, some guys went to the cabin at 16 and turned around

getoan

Reaction score
Thank you! Not much snow but anything is better than staring at the walls in camp at mile 147 on the Alaska hwy!

Top Bottom