Sledding in northern Saskatchewan

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was up there all week last week, and there would be just over a foot now but it is really pounded out. The groomers would be out by now and with the holiday traffic all gone and more snow in the forecast it will only get better.

Have they started removing all the downed trees that were laying across the trails yet? Last time I was up there you couldn`t go too fast on some of the trails for fear of smoking a tree hiding under the snow......

badgerstauffer

Reaction score
Most of the trails around Emma are clear, but when we got onto the Candle side there was still quite a few down. We didn't make it up to Elk Ridge so I'm not sure what they are like past Anglin lake. I should be heading back up again this weekend so I will post if I get out and have any new info.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the trails around Emma are clear, but when we got onto the Candle side there was still quite a few down. We didn't make it up to Elk Ridge so I'm not sure what they are like past Anglin lake. I should be heading back up again this weekend so I will post if I get out and have any new info.

Ya, let us know what you find up there... A few of us were thinking of running Rachelle trail up to Whiteswan in a week or two. We`ve held off due to what a few people have told us so far.. Thanks.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys have any trail maps from the areas your riding ?
Sure... This is the main trail map for Candle Lake and area.

Attachments

• Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 59

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
candle is really used up after the chirstmas break, they have yet to groom and they have a posting at c and s about the trees. They got 3 inches last weekend but it was so fin cold, this weekend looks good and so does next weekend. If you see a 08 700 rmk with a fxr black snow camo jacket and a grey with flames helmet its me. Im up there every weekend pretty much. Im really hoping for a january storm, the last couple year candle had so much snow for a couple weeks that you needed a rmk to ride the ditch, now i have a capable sled and no snow!

doostylz

Reaction score
For the past 2 years we go to Candlelake golf resort for 5 days during the family day weekend. Its great for the whole family. Awsome cabins and endless trails. We book it for the next year the day we leave. If you get a chance everyone it is not the mountains but it keeps us mountain riders in the good graces of the gods ----> (wife and kids). Plus hey sledding is sledding better than work

badgerstauffer

Reaction score
Rode Emma again this past weekend and the snow was alot better. We didn't see much in the way of grooming but we weren't doing alot of trail riding. We rode up to Bittern and back. But it was snowing on and off all weekend so I am sure the groomers would have everything looking good by now.

BonBon

Reaction score
The Tri-Lakes Rally is always a really good one.....Lower fising Lake! Trails are fantastic! Usually on Family Day long weekend but its on the following weekend this year. On Feb.21! Always a good rally. We've been going every year for about 5 years now. Also the Trail from Lower Fishing to Candle is always a good days ride!!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pix looks like a good time.

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
Here is a picture from west of Hudson Bay.

Attachments

• DSCN0049_Small.JPG
    DSCN0049_Small.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 57

BonBon

Reaction score
couple pics from Narrow Hills Provincial park.....:d

Attachments

• New Year @ Narrow Hills 025.jpg
    New Year @ Narrow Hills 025.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 59
  • New Year @ Narrow Hills 034.jpg
    New Year @ Narrow Hills 034.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Tri-Lakes Rally Feb.2008 039.jpg
    Tri-Lakes Rally Feb.2008 039.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 58

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
road up in loon lake today. snow is still very good there. a small hard crust on top but powder underneath. good base to. might be going up there again tomorrow.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a groomed trail that runs all the way from Creighton SK to The Pas MB; if you get into that area. There is also a real nice full circle loop from Creighton to Denare Beach. We used to go for supper/pops to Denare Beach a few times during the winter. Closer to Prince Albert; Candle Lake is nice; but there is some real good riding around the Lower Fishing Lake/ Cariboo Creek Lodge area.:beer:

That was my back yard. Lived there for 26 years. It was never groomed there when i grew up.I use to ride my sled to school and work. Most of the sled trails from Creighton to Flin Flon and to Denare Beach we cut by hand. This riding is right in the middle of the Canadian shield, rock outcrop, skinny swamp spruce and tamarack, muskeg and endless lakes. Lots of portages and long lake runs to tight intricate trails through the bush. The scenery is phenomenal. Northern lights that make Ft. Mac's northern lights look like kids having sword fights with flashlights. Star lite skies that would blow your mind. Brings back many great memories.

Shredder... You must have had pops and a bite to eat at the old pub..."Patty's Pub. also known as "The Settlement".

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a snow report for little bear(north of candle lk ) and if anyone been on the trails we heading out feb13 thanks

Top Bottom