Sledding in northern Saskatchewan

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad was up there last weekend, he has a lake lot at whiteswan lake and rides towards lower fishing and little bear, he said its the worst conditions he has seen around little bear in a while, he rides an M8 and he said he was over heating off and on all day, just no snow on the trails for coolant. After the first day he installed scratchers and it solved the over heating problem but still he said it was very patchy and stumps and rocks everywhere as soon as they went off trail. Short track trail sleds would probably be ok.:d

evan3000

Reaction score
Dore lake

I was up at Dore lake last weekend. I would say there is potable 1.5' of snow in the trees. I tried to ride but It was to dam cold for me (about -20). Riding in BC has made me soft.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Dore lake

I was up at Dore lake last weekend. I would say there is potable 1.5' of snow in the trees. I tried to ride but It was to dam cold for me (about -20). Riding in BC has made me soft.

There's only 1.5 feet of snow? Isn't that unusual? I suspect then that the area just north of Meadow Lake Park isn't much better?

BonBon

Reaction score

For anyone who's interested in some Saskatchewan rally's I have some dates for ya!!
Big River Rally-Saturday, Feb.14
Tri-Lakes Rally (Narrow Hills Prov. Park)-Saturday Feb.21 (hopefully more snow by then)
Turtleford Rally-Saturday, Feb.28 (always a good rally and decent snow in the area)
Spruce Lake Rally-Saturday, March 7 (also always a good rally & decent snow in the area)!
That's what I know.......Hope that helps everyone in case you're looking for some fun riding! :)

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There is a rally at porcupine plain on the 21st of feb went last 2 years good time long ways to go still good time

rgutmann

Reaction score
We rode around Chitek Lake this weekend Feb5-8 good snow conditions on and off groomed trails, put on around 600K. Stayed at Little Pine Lodge run by Lise @ Gille Henri. Nice cabins and good folks to deal with.

lou

Reaction score
toeknee do you know any where on how to get a map of all the new looging trails that were made when they logging up there about a year ago near mcbride lake off of the whiteranch road area we noticed they locked the first set of yellow gates when we up there in the elk season but there is a lot of new and old trails up there where to find a map that shows all the new logging roads that they made or if anyone knows/ ????

TKOOIL

Reaction score
Was up at chitek on the weekend decent snow conditions,trails groomed nicely for the kids.

BonBon

Reaction score
was up at Narrow Hills Provincial park this past weekend for the Tri-Lakes rally. Was good weather and the rally was decent. The snow isn't quite as good as past years but still allright. The trails are well groomed and the scenery is still fantastic. :)
Rally in Turtleford on the 28th, registration is starting at 11am at the rink....pretty good snow in the area for anyone who may be interested.

Attachments

• tri-lakes rally 2009 024.jpg
    tri-lakes rally 2009 024.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 63

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
we are going to turtle this weekend
but not for the rally cause the rally doesnt brring you in the nice fields in the middle of the bush :)

REV440

Reaction score
Ya Loon lake is good but the hotel is a little rough in my opinion lol Meadow lake has some awesome trails that run to goodsoil and the other way to chitek which is awesome as well but theres not a whole lot of snow there yet

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If anyone is near Prince Albert, there is a rally in Birch Hills on Feb 13, and one in St.Louis on Feb 20. They both are usually pretty good rides. Fun times. I'll be down there on the 12th, and leaving the 21st.

For anyone who's interested in some Saskatchewan rally's I have some dates for ya!!
Big River Rally-Saturday, Feb.14
Tri-Lakes Rally (Narrow Hills Prov. Park)-Saturday Feb.21 (hopefully more snow by then)
Turtleford Rally-Saturday, Feb.28 (always a good rally and decent snow in the area)
Spruce Lake Rally-Saturday, March 7 (also always a good rally & decent snow in the area)!
That's what I know.......Hope that helps everyone in case you're looking for some fun riding! :)

Top Bottom