Sledders sticking together! Truly amazing story! Please readđź‘Ť

scafer53

Reaction score
To answer your guys question I wanted to go back in with them because well it was my sled stuck in there. The two that went in from our group did not want to double up or down. I felt pretty bad and sitting down at the trailer for so long didn't help. Ever get that feeling like, "I should be up there"...trust me I would have been there if I knew they were pulling it out. Like I said in my post all they wanted to do was go check it out for the next day to see if it was doable. Wasn't expecting them to pull it out last night. none the less yes I no I should have been there and feel bad I was not. But very thankful for the 5 who got it down. Hey Dazzler. Did you put a new '13 driveshaft on or a 12? Heard there interchangeable, don't wanna put another one on and have this happen again.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Majority of sledders are good people. Just another example. Too bad about your sled but good to know there's still hope for humanity!:beer:

Kenny_h2o

Reaction score
great story kudos to the crew that helped ya out just like mentioned before there are lots of guys to say pffff polaris pos or doo pos ect but when it comes to havin troubles most are more than willin to go the extra mile to help out

I agree no matter what you ride or the gripes you have with brands. Most sledders will bend over backwards for one another and go the extra mile.

Ohmz

Reaction score
just curious, did you have any kind of "bandaid" on the shaft when it failed?

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To answer your guys question I wanted to go back in with them because well it was my sled stuck in there. The two that went in from our group did not want to double up or down. I felt pretty bad and sitting down at the trailer for so long didn't help. Ever get that feeling like, "I should be up there"...trust me I would have been there if I knew they were pulling it out. Like I said in my post all they wanted to do was go check it out for the next day to see if it was doable. Wasn't expecting them to pull it out last night. none the less yes I no I should have been there and feel bad I was not. But very thankful for the 5 who got it down. Hey Dazzler. Did you put a new '13 driveshaft on or a 12? Heard there interchangeable, don't wanna put another one on and have this happen again.

Yes I put the 2012 shaft in.. there is about a 3/4" of splined shaft that protrudes through the bearing on the clutch side, but not an issue. Polaris is sending a 2013 replacement drive shaft, of course under warranty so my dealer is going to keep it for a fast turn around for others that may or will need one.. Hope this helps

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great story, kudos to the guys that helped you out. There are some great peeps out there. A couple guys helped us out of a creek bottom in silent pass yesterday as well. We would have been there a loooooong time without there help.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

sorry i missed that part of you not knowing they were pullin it out. even makes those guys BETTER!

great story man. love to hear it still happens. i still dont know how people can just ride on bye with out even askin if all is ok...unless of course there is already many helpin out.

hell was out last weekend alone and saw two dudes buried pretty good in some trees. hoofed her up and helped out. it wasnt a bad stuck by any means but ch!t...this time of year....we are all guilty of being outta shape...LMAO

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!

ICF

Reaction score
Hey Bud
Justin here, I was one of the guys who helped get your sled out of frisby, My friends Tim Reid And Fabian Stapleton were the other two who helped. We appriciate your thanks and were more then happy to assist. We are a couple of avid sledders who have been in more sketchy situation then we would like to remember.It was others who have hepled us that made it an easy decision to help you . I also ride a 13 pro and at the time had only 40 k on the unit and thought "it could have been me back there". Tim and i were sitting at the table in the cabin and looked at each other and said "Why not, what else are we going to do, lets give this guy a hand".
I have to say It was Team work that made it possible to pull it up that couple hundred meters. so dont forget to say thanks to your 2 buddys that helped. We are from Sherwood Park and Ride in the mountains every second weekend for most of the sledding season, we are always looking to ride with new guys.

57charlie

Reaction score
Great story, hats off to the crew that worked their arses off pulling that Polaris off the mountain. Polaris have had more than their share of major drive train breakdowns. Towing Gerry's sled.jpg We got buddy's sled off the mountain back in '09 after hours of hand bombing & towing. Notice we turned the ski's around to help ease the workload.

Cat man Doo

Reaction score
Awesome story ! I must say , sledders are the some of the best people out there. Makes me proud to be one. 2 thumbs up guys for pulling her out !

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Sledders sticking together! Truly amazing story! Please read��

I think if I had a 2013 Polaris I would be carrying a big crazy carpet with me for the first while (or at least have one in the truck). Throw that sucker on the crazy carpet and slide her home.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Re: Sledders sticking together! Truly amazing story! Please read��

Yes, an awesome story. Great peeps throughout the sport when it counts. Bashing, yes…….but when the chit hits the fan we are all together.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: to all involved.

Top Bottom