Sledders sticking together! Truly amazing story! Please readđź‘Ť

scafer53

Reaction score
Hello everybody! Today was one of those days that doesn't go the way you wanted it to but somehow with everything that happened I cannot help but be stoked and smile!
My name is Kyle and I have been riding sleds in the mountains since I was just a kid and never have I been so proud and amazed at how tight our sledding family is. Were in revy and Today was the first ride in the mountains this year. I just bought a new 13 rmk pro and was deff nervous after hearing about the drive shafts going on them. I new they went quick so I put a good 40 miles on before coming here and she seemed to hold up....until today.
We choose to ride frisby and despite zero visibility by god the snow was good and we found some very deep spots! Was unreal. We got up the the first pole and dropped down into a couple bowls then dropped way down into the last one. Played there for a hour or so In the trees and pulled a few decent climbs then I went down to the flats to turn around and pop. Driveshaft sheared. There was 6 of us in the group and we tried to pack a trail but it was not working. To steep and technical. So we made the call to get heli'd out. But due to conditions they wouldn't be able to pick it up till the weather cleared which is looking like late next week. So we headed back to the cabin to head down.
At the cabin we ran into a group of three guys that seemed pretty interested in helping us get the sled down so two guys from our group took them to the sled while the rest of us headed down. U have to remember it was now getting dark so I said if you think it'll be a struggle forget it we'll just get a chopper.
We waited at the glacier house parking lot for what seemed like forever and we started thinking we should take lights up to try to find them as you all no how revy gets socked in and being up there in the dark is not a good combination! All of a sudden we could hear sleds and saw the lights coming down the trail...they got it out!!! 5 guys out on the mountain in the pitch black with heavy snowfall and no visability got it pulled about half way up before burying there sleds and then all of them hand bombing it the rest of the way to the top!!!!like are you kidding me!? I've never met these three before and maybe talked with them for fifteen minutes and they went out of there way and endangered themselves just to get my sled out and save me the cost of a helicopter!! I am still in awe of all of this and at a loss of words but this is one of those things that everyone needs to be aware of. This is something I will never forget and one day when someone is stranded like I was your damn rights I will be helping them. You three no who you are and I no where there staying so I will deff be paying them a visit. It took them about five hours to get it down. I cannot express how thankful and appreciative I am of what you guys did for me. Our tight knit sledding community blew me away today! Sorry for rambling on but these guys effort deserves to be aknowladged!! As for the sled I am deff dissapointed in Polaris and they need to figure this ch!t out quick. Lady a Selkirk said they have had three new pros lifted out this week due to broken driveshafts! There a ticking time bomb so be cautious of where you ride because you may not be as fortunate as me! BRAAAPP

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great story! They weren't riding XM's were they? Lol. JKJKJKJKJKJKJK

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as much ribbing and teasing as we do, we are all sledders and I'm glad to hear a story like this. other than the mechanical difficulties of course. kudos to the guys that got it out for you!

Kenny_h2o

Reaction score
Glad to hear there's people out there that go the extra mile still.

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of the group I ride with we've stopped and dug a trail in a 60 degree hill to get a guys sled out cause he fell off the trail while his buddy's decided it was a good to to have lunch, not to bash but this just shows that even with km on the new pro it can still go.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alotta pricks on the net but most of them and sledders in general are top notch when $hit goes awry out there, buy em a beer and im sure thatd be more than enuf thx for guys like that.
On the other hand the chopper outfits must just be lovin polaris for 2013, phones just a ringin for broken driveshaft pickups

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Sledders sticking together! Truly amazing story! Please read��

great story kudos to the crew that helped ya out just like mentioned before there are lots of guys to say pffff polaris pos or doo pos ect but when it comes to havin troubles most are more than willin to go the extra mile to help out

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Sledders sticking together! Truly amazing story! Please read��

I love this story, it just proves we still have people in this world that are stand up!!!!!

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great story! They weren't riding XM's were they? Lol. JKJKJKJKJKJKJK

Good input snopro.....NOT.....

Great post scafer, yes there are some very good people in our sledding community!!! I had the same situation last weekend in the superbowl on a 13 Pro and there were two different guys come up to our group and offered whatever assitance they could.. they both assured me that they could pull it up top for us, and I am sure they could, as they both were on 174, 3" (this will make you feel warm and fuzzy snopro) XP's. I thanked them both very much, expressed my gratitude for there kind offering, but turned them down as I hate to put folks out of there way and possibly end up with damage to there sleds when I still have options... We were somewhat prepared for this, we went back in Sunday morning and changed out the failed drive axle in the field, it took about an hour n a half with the help of my good friends Teddy and Cody...
However there is always an azzhat in every crowd..... the white pickup and trailer (I actually have his plate # as I picked up some of his garbage that morning) that parked beside me in the parking lot left a pile of garbage, jerry can with a hole in it etc... just maybe YOU could be a little more considerate when your mommy isn't around to pick up after you!!!!

K, I'm done now!! Sorry for the long post!!

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kudos to all, sledders are a special group. Proud to be a part of that group

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice to hear of people helping out!!

just a question...not a bash or anything....but how come you didn't stay with them them to help with your sled? were you hurt or something?

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice story, most of the folks we meet out there are willing to lend a hand if need be. The locations we get in to when sledding can be pretty unforgiving, if your unprepared. Hopefully this fiasco will be short lived and Polaris will get it straightened out!!!

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its awesome to know this type of guys are out there still ... myself and a few friends needed those guys when the one sled broke down on the lake at owls head and we tried and tried to pull it up and out thru the trees but kept trenching in .. then the group sitting at the top waiting to come down started walking down and about 8 of us pulled the sled by hand and rope to the top !!! These guys didnt want nothing in return other then to get us the hell out of the way so they could ride on lol

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great to hear stories like this,alot of guys can relate to a story like this weather they were helping others or were on the receiving end.always glad to hear how people can still pull together to get the job done

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice to hear of people helping out!!

just a question...not a bash or anything....but how come you didn't stay with them them to help with your sled? were you hurt or something?

Was kinda wondering the same thing? Either way great to hear that everyone isn't totally self absorbed and inconsiderate these days.

Top Bottom