sledder missing in Revy - FOUND Dec 10 - RIP Travis

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My condolences to all that know him.

It's tragic, and bizarre how some things happen in life.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well not the outcome anybody was looking for. I had a chance to meet some new riders today. Had great intentions of a real good look today with Tex and a few others but after heading up and seeing the snow, very low visibility it was really like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. pure luck found Travis today as just a small glimpse of his helmet was all it took. Great to meet all the guys today. rip Travis and let's hope this is the worst news we encounter this year.
Nice to meet ya too, we will go for a rip again

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My condolences to the family and a huge thanks to SAR and all the fellow sledders that volunteered to look for this young man. A tragedy I hope we will all learn from...

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My condolences to the family. Many thanks to sars and all the volunteers that were involved with this. My two boys(young men) ride with me in the mountains and I can't stress enough to them about the hazards and how fast things can change.

I wish everyone a safe sledding season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never met you Travis but my thoughts and prayers have been with you for days now. I really thought a better outcome was going to happen. RIP and my condolences to the family especially during this time of year. Huge thanks to all the volunteers and fellow sledders for taking the time to try and find him! Lets me this an important lesson for all!

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Sad news, so sorry.
Even when riding in groups, we all know there are people who get separated from each other. I have been one of those. I cannot imagine riding alone in the mountains. Stay together and when you see another passing sledder, give them a wave. We all need each others help. So sad.... :(

2blue

Reaction score
So sad. Saturday night saw his truck sitting there in parking lot. Said to girlfriend someone is stuck...sure enough the rcmp already knew by sunday.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RIP Travis. All my best to those who found him. I couldn't imagine it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RIP Travis. I echo all the comments thanking SAR and others who helped in the search. Hearing how many people went out to search and help and the resources made available makes me feel a whole lot more optimistic if I ever run into a similar situation.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RIP. Condolences to the family and friends.
Talked about this with my son. He 'thinks' he is 10' tall and Bullet proof. Just a reminder that as much fun as our crazy sport is, it is not a game that you get to hit reset and get another life to start over.
Albeit a tragedy, this type of loss is preventable if you use all the tools, the training and the experience of fellow riders, it will go a long way to ensure you will be able to enjoy being a mountain sledder for a long time.
I am sad and pissed off at the same time that this happened.

Top Bottom