Sled stolen in Revi thurday night

69plymouth

Reaction score
The Comfort Inn in Revy has video surveillance of their parking lot, and you can check it out from you room on a few TV channels. I wish more hotels would do this. Doesn't prevent everything, but helps deter and at least gives the RC's something to work with, still wouldn't hold my breath though.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
and useally after 11 you must tell the Days inn front desk you are leaving or you might be getting a visit from the blueberry and cherrys down the road.

great place to stay for sure :)

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dang that is stupid buy your own chit dont steal it! all I gotta say is thank god I own a chevy with onstar with the automatic shut down and locking of the truck when reported stolen

BeeZee62

Reaction score
Years ago when I lived out in Ontario we used to regularly head out on weekend trips by sled alone. (which was very easy to do because of the myriad of excellent trails) Quite a few of the hotel/motels had secure storage for our sleds at $20 per night. Essentially what they had were mini garages large enough for one sled and they were stacked three high. The system worked awesome and I never heard of an issue with stolen sleds.

Now being out west and the nature of riding is significantly different, but the tourist dollar values are probably equal to or greater than out east, hoteliers and communities have to step up to protect their tourist dollars. If sleds, tow vehicles and trailers continue to be stolen in their communities they will lose out.

S&M is a far reaching forum with a lot of great people. Collectively we have a large voice not only through the forum but through our local clubs and provincial snowmobile associations. If we press these organizations to address our concerns with theft with the communities involved then those communities have no choice but to bring pressure to beare on the RCs to make protecting tourist revenue and top priority.

Provincial snowmobile associations in conjunction with the insurance industry would most certainly be on our side and it's in their best interest to support such efforts.

My two cents worth.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Years ago when I lived out in Ontario we used to regularly head out on weekend trips by sled alone. (which was very easy to do because of the myriad of excellent trails) Quite a few of the hotel/motels had secure storage for our sleds at $20 per night. Essentially what they had were mini garages large enough for one sled and they were stacked three high. The system worked awesome and I never heard of an issue with stolen sleds.

Now being out west and the nature of riding is significantly different, but the tourist dollar values are probably equal to or greater than out east, hoteliers and communities have to step up to protect their tourist dollars. If sleds, tow vehicles and trailers continue to be stolen in their communities they will lose out.

S&M is a far reaching forum with a lot of great people. Collectively we have a large voice not only through the forum but through our local clubs and provincial snowmobile associations. If we press these organizations to address our concerns with theft with the communities involved then those communities have no choice but to bring pressure to beare on the RCs to make protecting tourist revenue and top priority.

Provincial snowmobile associations in conjunction with the insurance industry would most certainly be on our side and it's in their best interest to support such efforts.

My two cents worth.

Well wrote BeeZee...a different spin on it for sure...makes complete sense as well. Even if they had a secure compound and charged an extra 20 a night,,,,the place would be packed with people wanting to stay there just for the peice of mind....great reply BeeZee...:d

Dano670

Reaction score
hey guys ,i made a very cheap alarm system for my trailer ,it consists of another brake break away switch in plain site and a short pc of small chain instead of cable ,lock the chain to the truck ,power up the swich off of trailers battery ,run wires to a very loud horn located at your discression with a toggle so you can turn it off before YOU pull the pin .When loser go's to take your toys that you have worked for and they have not ,they will probably not know what its about ,pull the pin cause its easy and be rewarded with (mine are dual marine trumpets mounted under the roof vent ,opened slightly to let out the decibels)blare that will definetely get someones attention.:nono:

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would it have a high tower which a sniper could sit in and pick off would be thieves?!?!

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to make light of this but BC used to mean "Bring Cash". Maybe it should be changed to mean "Bring Cop".

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would bet that if a motel put in a secure fenced and locked trailer parking area along with a decent security camera to monitor who comes and goes they would be fully booked all winter.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I would bet that if a motel put in a secure fenced and locked trailer parking area along with a decent security camera to monitor who comes and goes they would be fully booked all winter.

Hey pops, that's two great posts in a row (no offence implied nor intended) on this subject......

I nominate you as the Director of Security Relations on S&M !

I tried to "rep" ya' but Ron wouldn't let me...."I have to spread the rep's around"

Grizzly Adams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This post is in response to a few comments made earlier. The govt is looking at bait sleds, they already do this with boats,cars & bikes now in BC. the cops did not even make public the bait boat program this year and maybe they are being coy about the new bait sled program;). Insure your sleds as it is the insurance biz that pays for the bait program.
Best money you'll spend is a sat tracking device. I saw the lil azzhat who got pinched last year with my buddies sled. The truck & sled were stolen from whistler area, truck was only found after law enforcement found the sled via Lojack. The sled was in an underground parkade, the truck had onstar & it did not track there but the lojack did. make your own conclusions but, I will be a big lojack backer as I've seen the results.
BTW the same thief was up for identity theft charges relating to internet creditcard scams, so all you tough talking keyboard jockeys tone it down a little, the guy is a gang member & they are shooting our streets up with AK47's here right now.
Mind you the thief who tries my trailer will only set off the pepper spray defense mechanism if he has no key!:d I like spicy thieves! So if ya see a guy rubbing his eyes and coughing behind my wells cargo, now ya know why.

Last edited:

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey pops, that's two great posts in a row (no offence implied nor intended) on this subject......

I nominate you as the Director of Security Relations on S&M !

I tried to "rep" ya' but Ron wouldn't let me...."I have to spread the rep's around"

Thanks, I assume the pay remains the same. :d

Top Bottom