Sled show review

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would like to thank everyone who stopped at the Mansion on Main booth. We met alot of really awesome people. The winner of our draw for 2 free nights was Randy Bruce.

Loved the show. Lots to see, After math of trying to load up was crazy. That could use some work.

Jay

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent 4 hrs shopping found some great deal best part i got free pass from BRP .This is first time in years i didn't have work it usually iam working the Trail Seekers booth since they not of ASA anymore there no booth kinda of miss it, talking to sledders always a great time

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
we're always looking for new members....

Just sayin...

Spent 4 hrs shopping found some great deal best part i got free pass from BRP .This is first time in years i didn't have work it usually iam working the Trail Seekers booth since they not of ASA anymore there no booth kinda of miss it, talking to sledders always a great time

jetcheker

Reaction score
Yes it was a expensive day but if you compare it to the average price of those rigs in the parking lot(not to mention whats at home in the trailer/garage) its all relative. Nice to see some admission coupons offered. I agree wider aisles and a vendor map/identifier would help. Cudos to the show organizers and vendors!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first time to any kind of show like that in a very long time and I had a good time.
Although I know it is important to mix it up a little so that the gear gets in with the parts for exposure reasons, I found it almost a little overwhelming, easy to miss stuff and I would have liked it a little better if the gear was all together, the performance and parts guys were all together, snowmobile dealers were all together, etc. To be honest, the sled manufacturers really should have each been given a corner in one of the rooms so you could go from one to the next to get your comparison fill.

I had no idea there was another couple big sections of gear over by the Skidoo and Yamaha folks till I went through there. After I already had spent a pile of money on gear. Would have been nice to look it all over without having to zig zag through the whole place first. It would have made things a little easier IMO navigate around and shop through. The missus found a coat she wanted but we kept walking to look at what else there was and had a helluva time finding our way back to that first booth!

A little better floor plan and grouping of vendors would be my only suggestion for future shows. The food, booze and parking is out of the control of the vendors. Nobody can really bitch about it, it is what it is. And yes, the ASA, S&M, Avalanche and safety gear booths should have been a little closer to the main entrance. The Cat crap could have been parked in the far corner and out in the parking lot where it belongs really!:cool: Kind of felt smothered in a sea of green when I walked in the door lol!

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Baaaaaaaaaaaa. But Ur old lady liked the sea if green chitty kitty's when we walked in.

I need to fix that kitty crap eh...

It's always been like that with plots of this and that every where.

They do it so u have to walk it all.

Other wise some people might by pass a certain section

sent from my htc

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another great show look forward to it every year ,Like Maxwell said nice to see the smaller guys coming in showing some product ,Videos and etc ,also great to see some of the Boondocker guys !! Big names draw big crowds isles could be a bit bigger but besides that 360 days till next years

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One booth I missed checking out was MainJet. It was to crazy busy for me to try and weasle my way around and check things out. Glad I got to say hi to you Trish over by the hot tub display.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loved the show, seemed way bigger and better this year! I did spend most my time in a booth rather than walking, but I agree with several comments above.

Layout def could use some adjustments as I was gettin turned around too, isles were so so i didnt really have a problem there. Some shops in the past did carry more parts etc, would be nice if they brought more of the parts and accessories and not just the riding gear. Placing the gear booths together, the mods booths together, the trailers together etc would be a great idea imo. If they dont so that everyone walks the show well, they already got there money by them walking through the door (northlands i mean) so what do it matter. I doubt people will go and only walk through say trailers and skip the rest. All in all i had a fabulous weekend, was great to see some distant friends and meet a whole whack of new people.

Thanks for all the support of the Betties and our fundraising for the CAC :)

Reactions: LBZ

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first time to any kind of show like that in a very long time and I had a good time.
Although I know it is important to mix it up a little so that the gear gets in with the parts for exposure reasons, I found it almost a little overwhelming, easy to miss stuff and I would have liked it a little better if the gear was all together, the performance and parts guys were all together, snowmobile dealers were all together, etc. To be honest, the sled manufacturers really should have each been given a corner in one of the rooms so you could go from one to the next to get your comparison fill.

I had no idea there was another couple big sections of gear over by the Skidoo and Yamaha folks till I went through there. After I already had spent a pile of money on gear. Would have been nice to look it all over without having to zig zag through the whole place first. It would have made things a little easier IMO navigate around and shop through. The missus found a coat she wanted but we kept walking to look at what else there was and had a helluva time finding our way back to that first booth!

A little better floor plan and grouping of vendors would be my only suggestion for future shows. The food, booze and parking is out of the control of the vendors. Nobody can really bitch about it, it is what it is. And yes, the ASA, S&M, Avalanche and safety gear booths should have been a little closer to the main entrance. The Cat crap could have been parked in the far corner and out in the parking lot where it belongs really!:cool: Kind of felt smothered in a sea of green when I walked in the door lol!
haha, yer the man, but i didn't see any kitty litter at all, must have just missed it. didn't see anyone around the kitty section at all.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Would like to see a main stage where manufacturers and other vendors and get up display their product talk about them(like the car show) tell us what is new new and what to look forward to in the future. I seen Lori at zac tracs was doing this and it give peeps a chance to sit and listen. Talk to a crowd rather at the booths trying to nail down a person to talk to rather then someone who is trying to make you a sale.

Would also like to see a place where joe schmo can sell stuff sleds, trailers, decks like a used sled corral seen alotta sleds in the back of trucks with for sale signs in the parking lot be nice if there was monitored/secured place where you can drop your stuff with a write up and phone numbers or just hang out and play salesman with your stuff.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
next year we need a golf cart (donated by S&M) we can decal it up and run around the show rescuing lost shoppers and delivering them back to the muster area (aka beer gardens) like a welcoming committee for the show....

Wow search and rescue is gonna be buuuuuusy this winter!With the amount of people complaining about not being able to find their way around the sled show,there's sure to be a lot lost in the back country!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Shotgun!
next year we need a golf cart (donated by S&M) we can decal it up and run around the show rescuing lost shoppers and delivering them back to the muster area (aka beer gardens) like a welcoming committee for the show....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would it not be more fun to just hire a beer truck and bring refreshments to the parched crowd. just a thought.

skrat

Reaction score
The only other show I have been to is Puyallup show in Washington. I found the two comparable for size. The Washington show has seminars in an adjacent room, which were great to attend.

The one thing I really liked about the Washington show was the swap meet. Between dealers blowing out NOS stuff, and individuals selling spares from the garage I found some great deals.

I for one would have brought my sled for sale as well as some of the stuff in my garage that someone else I am sure could use.

Is there any interest in doing a swap meet with the show?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Next year I'm gonna buy a large assortment of drinks and give away drinks with the purchase of ASA passes.... when the line up is long and service is slow lots of guys would buy a $60 pass just to get thier hands on a drink....

Bank machine in the bar! (Or they need to take credit cards)

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I liked the show.....who doesn't really?
This was the first time in years that my wife went.....she made a few comments and I'll repeat them here;
1. Too cramped, too many people in a small area. And this was friday....not sure about saturday but it had to be worse.
2. Booths were all over the place......the destination booths were scattered, club booths, etc.....
3. Food at the little booth by monster burger where we got the perogies, cabbage rolls and sausage was excellent for the price!!!!! KUDO's

Possibly they need to open up another hall and then offer more used bargain type stuff and spread things out a bit.....

Top Bottom