Sled show review

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i gotta say there is no point in even bringing up what it cost for admission as northlands, westerner park, stampede park etc are all the same ... expensive. these places cost so much to rent its ridiculous but where else could it be held?? i know from helping organize other events its impossible to find a place that is cheap that doesnt exist anymore just a couple more cents from me !!!

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the 2 for 1 coupons some vendors offered were great. $7.50 to get in and check out what some riding areas/clubs, ask about accommodations, or compare trailers is much cheaper than driving around.
I like that there were vendors offering demo's or information and not just making the sales pitch. The overall setup seemed a little chaotic. Most of that is how the vendors display products. My brother wanted some running board inserts and by the time we found a vendor with the type and price he wanted, they were sold out. My goal was to find some gloves and it was interesting walking around comparing gloves and pricing. Some vendors didn't have pricing on their product and when it was really busy, it can be a pain to track someone down and ask. I didn't even see the CAC booth. I didn't see anywhere near as many prize draws as last year. Maybe I missed them. I notice 509 and Klim running give-aways every week on their facebook sites and expected to see something at the show. I find it odd that some vendors from the US say they can only bring in product for demo purposes and not for sale while others had lots of product for sale.
My biggest complaint is the food, which isn't under their control. That food court was one of the worst I've seen for selection. I went to Quiznos and they didn't have large subs, couldn't take debit and ran out of whole wheat buns. Not the quality I normally see at Quiznos. I'll be that guy and send them an email with a complaint. My wife calls me Grandpa Simpson. Not sure what the other places were like. It's not easy to leave the grounds to grab a good lunch and come back either.

Overall... I'll go back every year because there is nothing else like it in Alberta anymore and it's never a huge disappointment, even driving from Calgary and back in one day.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personally as someone that works till 7pm daily i really wish they would have been open longer on saturday i did go on friday but aside from a very reasonable price on a helmet the prices there were no big savings from retail. in fact the klim boots that i wanted to purchase were anywhere form $40(adrenaline)-$130(radium) more expensive then buying online

the layout was not planned as well as it could have, it was hard to find your way around and easy to get turned around would have been alot better if the booths were numbered and a map given out as you enter. i understand the need for some places to use caged in areas to minimize theft, but maybe next time put those places back to back with each other to more utilize the space

powerclaw

Reaction score
just a note to your comment about venders making huge bucks. [ dave b ] well i got news for you my friend, most venders will not recover the cost of their weekend. we are only there to promote our companies, meet new people, make new friends and contacts and maybe hope to sell enough product to recover some of our costs. THE SLED SHOP

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a note to your comment about venders making huge bucks. well i got news for you my friend, most venders will not recover the cost of their weekend. we are only there to promote our companies, meet new people, make new friends and contacts and maybe hope to sell enough product to recover some of our costs. THE SLED SHOP
You think Martin's paid for their space with sales last weekend? How about Snowbunge or Flamans? If a store wants to set up an informational booth, that's cool...but I think those ones that set up to do the big sales should pay a larger premium for their space. And as a shop with a product/service to sell, you can't tell me you were there just out of the goodness of your heart and the love of the sport....you were there to make sales connections. It is advertising...and advertising isn't always free.

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
You think Martin's paid for their space with sales last weekend? How about Snowbunge or Flamans? If a store wants to set up an informational booth, that's cool...but I think those ones that set up to do the big sales should pay a larger premium for their space.

Trust me they do...the larger the space the higher the costs....It is not cheap for any vendors- informational or sellers.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the show was BUSY as hell this year. but thats a good thing. some things i would change:

-a bit more organization in where booths are located....like numbered aisles
-maybe a poster/stand set up at entrances indicating what booths are where
-wider walking aisles. we had my downs bro&law with us...man...it was a chore.
-one or two more food booths

it was great as always. it has to be for the peeps traveling 7 plus hours to see it. its still worth the trip for me.

good luck next year...and maybe i will have more time to kill and visit with some of you whacko's. lol

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CAC booth should have been the first booth that everyone passed upon walking in to the show instead of way on the back wall by a caribou hide.

LOL....The conservation officer didn't find it to humorous when I asked what date the hunting season for caribou opens.

Did anyone check out the ski & snowboard show? Overheard a couple plank rider's whining about snowmobilers when I was walking back to the truck after the show Saturday night. Being a married man w/ kids it was easy to ignore them and their whining about parking and the amount of big trucks w/ decks in the parking lot.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL....The conservation officer didn't find it to humorous when I asked what date the hunting season for caribou opens.

Lmao!!!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CAC booth should have been the first booth that everyone passed upon walking in to the show instead of way on the back wall by a caribou hide.

Did anyone check out the ski & snowboard show? Overheard a couple plank rider's whining about snowmobilers when I was walking back to the truck after the show Saturday night. Being a married man w/ kids it was easy to ignore them and their whining about parking and the amount of big trucks w/ decks in the parking lot.

I LOVE walking through the parking lot and seeing all the sexy azz trailers and trucks. My word there was some big money at that show. Had a great time.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was really happy with the show. Bought a new klim coat and hat and got 10% off with Martin Motorsports. I was on the fence to buy it later, but glad i got it there. Also ordered some reversable scratchers, hope the come in the mail anyday.

Overall as most people said, its a pretty expensive day, and the place seemed a bit crowded. I walked the place twice and was surprised at how many booths i missed the first time around. The layout needs work.

I would go again in a heartbeat.... anything for the itch.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The show was busy as heck. I think it should run till 8 on Saturdays as well. The isles were a bit weird on the west side I would think that some vendors would get missed. Our booth was extremely busy this year, next year I'll need to go to a 20x20 space as we didn't have enough room for all the stock and people coming through. Thanks to all that came by our booth and waited for there purchase.

We sold more Horsepower Hunny clothing than expected. Alot of the items were sold out by Saturday afternoon. We are currently working on the store so we can get your orders out.

Reactions: LBZ

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
-maybe a poster/stand set up at entrances indicating what booths are where

If you did more than stare at the good looking Ladies at the entrances they were handing out convenient little maps that showed where all the booths were located at! Crazy I know!

I thought the show was well done, had a great time!

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you did more than stare at the good looking Ladies at the entrances they were handing out convenient little maps that showed where all the booths were located at! Crazy I know!

I thought the show was well done, had a great time!

LMAO!!

i was with my wife.....i ignored them like the plague....i did have a 7 plus hour drive home.....its bad enough without an ear full added to the mix...LMAO!

Top Bottom