Sled Decks?

cboyd

Reaction score
Looking at buying a sled deck and am debating between a Cross-trax or an x-deck. Anyone have any preferences to which one is better?

GRD

Reaction score
I don't know much about the x-deck, but I have a cross-trax and it is an awsome deck.

Truck & Deck.jpg

tpollon2

Reaction score
Looking at buying a sled deck and am debating between a Cross-trax or an x-deck. Anyone have any preferences to which one is better?

I changed from Cross Trax to the new Bull Dog Super Deck last year.
Bull Dog better in every way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does Bulldog have a removable extension?

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I would say they both have their pro's and con's.

The x-deck has a folding curved ramp that fits under the deck
Cross-Trax has a 2 piece ramp that pins together and fits under the deck
X-Deck does not have a removable extension
Cross-trax does

Marlon is another name that is quickly becoming popular in the industry. They are based out of Stony Plain, Alberta, and are built very similar to the old Marathons.

I personally if I was to buy a new deck, would be going Cross trax

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I'm looking at a black powder coated marlon deck..... Seems to be a good deck, and priced right, with lots of well thought out features.......

What kind of price you guys getting on the x-deck and cross-trax decks?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm looking at a black powder coated marlon deck..... Seems to be a good deck, and priced right, with lots of well thought out features.......

What kind of price you guys getting on the x-deck and cross-trax decks?

check the wiring on that Marlon REALLY good before you take delivery Ric, they are LED lights, but for some reason people are popping the lights on them...... the wiring is not ran in loom and just piggy backs along the rails of the deck, I'm guessing wires are getting pinched.

as for Cross-Trax decks, send Todd (Goodngrubby) a PM and he'll get you a good price on it! He's in Rimbey.

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a Marlon deck and have been really happy with it.

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the wiring check. I've run additional wire guides to ensure they don't get pinched and haven't had any issues.

check the wiring on that Marlon REALLY good before you take delivery Ric, they are LED lights, but for some reason people are popping the lights on them...... the wiring is not ran in loom and just piggy backs along the rails of the deck, I'm guessing wires are getting pinched.

as for Cross-Trax decks, send Todd (Goodngrubby) a PM and he'll get you a good price on it! He's in Rimbey.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are these Marlon products Chinese knock offs imported and distributed in Canada or are they actually manufactured in Canada or the US. I don't mean assembled either.

I see they have a large product line but wonder where the decks are coming from.

Just like the marathon knock offs that came in a shipping container which honestly there is nothing wrong with the build quality other than cheap plywood and bad wiring.

I am just curious.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Are these Marlon products Chinese knock offs imported and distributed in Canada or are they actually manufactured in Canada or the US. I don't mean assembled either.

I see they have a large product line but wonder where the decks are coming from.

Just like the marathon knock offs that came in a shipping container which honestly there is nothing wrong with the build quality other than cheap plywood and bad wiring.

I am just curious.

Marlons are completely built and manufactured in a facility in Stony Plain, Alberta.

They are also making tub trailers, aluminum boats and some other stuff.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Sorry teeg....... He imports the decks unassembled but built to his spec from china...... And he assembles here and modifies as required........ Workmanship on them looks good and quality parts used. I had a good talk with jeff yesterday about them. They also sell open place trailers --- karavan and some other models.

CowboyX

Reaction score
I bought a black X-Deck last fall for $2500 from the Yamaha dealer in Sundre. Pretty good overall. Its the same as all the other bolted together imports around. I would rate it 8 out of 10. I had to rewire all the lights when i rigged it up. Not one light was wired the same and blew a few fuses in the heavy chevy before i got things figured. The ramp is awesome now that i took off the stock POS plastic rails and installed Superglides.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does Bulldog have a removable extension?

Yes they do and have the marathon style ramps, but they are a very price deck setup. Before I got my cross trax I was quoted around 4500 and taxes for a bulldog deck and extension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marlon

Reaction score
Guys, I work at Marlon, always looking for Feed back to help improve our decks. Our Decks Star at $2,599 with 2x Superclamps, centre Deck hook, 10' Telescopic ramp with Superglides, Teflon on the ramp tray, Teflon on the side pull outs....

we offer 6', 7', 8' decks all with adjustable legs to fit long or Shortbox trucks.

Upgrades:
Powder coat black $300
Diamond Plate wrap decking upgrade ($500 Suggested, but i think most dealers are selling it for $300)
Deck extention kit $499 (New for 2012/2013)

New standard Bullet lights for 2012/2013, and new Extrution to mount the Superglides on the ramp for 2012/2013 models as well.

We have 3 warehouse in Western Canada. Chillwack BC, Stony Plain AB, & Winnipeg MB.

Last edited:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Are these built in Canada or China?or just assembled in Canada?
Guys, I work at Marlon, always looking for Feed back to help improve our decks. Our Decks Star at $2,599 with 2x Superclamps, centre Deck hook, 10' Telescopic ramp with Superglides, Teflon on the ramp tray, Teflon on the side pull outs....

we offer 6', 7', 8' decks all with adjustable legs to fit long or Shortbox trucks.

Upgrades:
Powder coat black $300
Diamond Plate wrap decking upgrade ($500 Suggested, but i think most dealers are selling it for $300)
Deck extention kit $499 (New for 2012/2013)

New standard Bullet lights for 2012/2013, and new Extrution to mount the Superglides on the ramp for 2012/2013 models as well.

We have 3 warehouse in Western Canada. Chillwack BC, Stony Plain AB, & Winnipeg MB.

Top Bottom