Sled broken down in mountains

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call your buddies. If that doesn't work I guess you would need too call a chopper. You could ask digger with blue river sledz rentals. He should have a number for you.

Sent from my iPhone

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had it happen yet but who do u call for sled removal in the mountains. Blue river area? How much does it cost?
Thanks

there is a heli ski place right next to blue rivers town, i think they can do it. Call Glacier mountain lodge, they will know.

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
Depending on what areas. If you are north of Blue River you call Yellowhead Helicopters out of Valemount at 1 250 566 4401 and if you are south you call Yellowhead Helicopters out of Clearwater at 250 674 3600.

The price has many variables due to ease of access, someone able to sling it for them and the proper gps coridinates for them.

The helicopter company in Blue River can not rescue a sled.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe check with a sled shop in the area, there maybe a local sledder willing to do a rescue.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no sled shop on blue river. You could phone holy smoke inn as well they probably have a number you could call.

Sent from my iPhone

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought there was a guy that would do it for half price of a chopper.......

tranquillicer

Reaction score
If you actually have a broken sled in the area and it hasn't been rolled over a cliff and wrecked, I would be very surpised if there isn't someone local who couldn't figure a way to recover it for less than the cost of a heli ride out in that area. Last I heard it was well over a grande for a heli out of Valemount just to Allen or Clemina. PM me for a name if you need one.

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the engine blow? I had to leave mine for a week and when the weather cleared I went back up with new parts and rode it out.

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yellow Head, has to fly out of Valemount or Clearwater at a Cost of $1500.00 - $1800.00 + for the Blue River area. VIH in town is contracted to Wiegele's Heli skiing and will not touch a sled, but VIH was bought out by Yellow Head and will possibly be offering sled recovery for Blue River next season for a more reasonable cost.

Blue River Sledz will do sled recoveries for $100/hr

Top Bottom