SkiDoo Prayer Thread

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
You're right, point taken. My bad! But pathetic.... not even close bud. Never the less bad post on my part. As for his informative posts, last year I would say he was one of the most informative members on here. This year far from it. Entertaining but not informative. I still wanna see this guy ride though. See what all the fuss is about!!
CHEERS out

He might be an OK rider....

sean.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I saw through this whole mess was people that are passionate about the sport and their rides get abit overboard and one thing led to another. I think there were some misconceptions about how people took things and then it ran its ugly course. In a perfect world Max will pm 'mama and they will talk it out and make up and then all the CAT and DOO riders will gather in a circle and sing Koombaya. Lol. Everyone of us have made remarks on this site or in life that we have regretted and this is just another one of those instances. For me brand bashing is and always will be part of the sport and I have no problem when it is all said and done sitting down with Lenny R or Assault'n for a beer and laughing about all the hysterical things we have said to each other over the years. JMHO.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I saw through this whole mess was people that are passionate about the sport and their rides get abit overboard and one thing led to another. I think there were some misconceptions about how people took things and then it ran its ugly course. In a perfect world Max will pm 'mama and they will talk it out and make up and then all the CAT and DOO riders will gather in a circle and sing Koombaya. Lol. Everyone of us have made remarks on this site or in life that we have regretted and this is just another one of those instances. For me brand bashing is and always will be part of the sport and I have no problem when it is all said and done sitting down with Lenny R or Assault'n for a beer and laughing about all the hysterical things we have said to each other over the years. JMHO.

I agree... except for the Koombaya part. Making remarks in the heat of the moment is what makes us human, but learning to apologize and humble ourselves is what makes us better humans. I can apologize for keeping the issue going and laughing when Maxwell's feelings were hurt, you bet. I was being a right-fighter and it was rude. I agree with those who point out that we should all be able to voice our opinions and laugh about them later: the friendly ribbing is one of the best parts of sledding and I am sad that it got out of control. What Snopro and others are saying about passion and love for the sport being forgotten in the heat of all the drama is true beyond measure, and for that I apologize the most.

I hate to see the site lose Maxwell and his information-- I honestly don't know how we got from there to here. I was looking at Maxwell's profile page this am to see if he was around and noticed a post on his Chat Wall that said something to the effect "If anyone has asked me a technical question and I haven't responded, please let me know and I will do so ASAP". I definitely felt a pang of regret there-- his greatest contribution was his knowledge and his willingness to share it readily, and although I don't agree with all of his posts or his pounding on me with the keyboard, I do believe that everyone should have a voice here.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree... except for the Koombaya part. Making remarks in the heat of the moment is what makes us human, but learning to apologize and humble ourselves is what makes us better humans. I can apologize for keeping the issue going and laughing when Maxwell's feelings were hurt, you bet. I was being a right-fighter and it was rude. I agree with those who point out that we should all be able to voice our opinions and laugh about them later: the friendly ribbing is one of the best parts of sledding and I am sad that it got out of control. What Snopro and others are saying about passion and love for the sport being forgotten in the heat of all the drama is true beyond measure, and for that I apologize the most.

I hate to see the site lose Maxwell and his information-- I honestly don't know how we got from there to here. I was looking at Maxwell's profile page this am to see if he was around and noticed a post on his Chat Wall that said something to the effect "If anyone has asked me a technical question and I haven't responded, please let me know and I will do so ASAP". I definitely felt a pang of regret there-- his greatest contribution was his knowledge and his willingness to share it readily, and although I don't agree with all of his posts or his pounding on me with the keyboard, I do believe that everyone should have a voice here.

Well, said SledMamma! I guess I missed all the hoopla, but I have to agree with SledMamma that we all have a right to have a voice here.....

I have to also say I will miss Maxwell's posts....he does know his chit and sounds like he will be missed by many on here.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
That video.........Is not even maxwell...... That sled would be draggin bumper through a rock chute lol.

I didn't say it was Maxwell! All I said was "I will miss Maxwell and add this to the history of a great Doo rider on a great site."

Then the part about two legends in one clip is Larry, aka imdoo'n, in awe of the great Maxwell......

Last edited:

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well at least there are a couple of his so called friends that got his back.

bunch a fawkin bed wetters around her, its no wonder he left

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Thats it I can't take this fawking abuse anymore.... that was the last straw Koby...I Quit S&M.....

Gimmi my fawking ball back....

well at least there are a couple of his so called friends that got his back.

bunch a fawkin bed wetters around her, its no wonder he left

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score

See Mama is a cool chick....but sometimes that firey red hair shines through. We had a little falling out on the sport quads and the medicine lake rally but I still manage to get to get a hug outta her when I see her ;)

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny how every Time someone talks about someone else's pussy, people get their shite in a knot and someone walks...

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See Mama is a cool chick....but sometimes that firey red hair shines through. We had a little falling out on the sport quads and the medicine lake rally but I still manage to get to get a hug outta her when I see her ;)

Yeah... the red hair is definitely a factor!! Yikes... Like Anne of Green Gables on Gilbert Blythe sometimes: be careful or you will get a chalkboard cracked over your melon. Once I settle, hugs are the easy part. Its the settling that's hard :( {Hey, who said being an adult was easy???}

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah... the red hair is definitely a factor!! Yikes... Like Anne of Green Gables on Gilbert Blythe sometimes: be careful or you will get a chalkboard cracked over your melon. Once I settle, hugs are the easy part. Its the settling that's hard :( {Hey, who said being an adult was easy???}

Gawd i can relate with the redheads my house is full of them including myself.....gets crazy in there at times!!!!!

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here is my thoughts on this issue. As one who has been made to feel like my contribution in a new post was overruled by the great one, I can relate to how people feel when someone critisizes you for your input. I was offended and felt like leaving this forum myself. I responded to the great one in like manor and could not sleep that night and felt terrible that I added more fuel to the fire. I was relieved to see the next day that my counter attack was not provoked even more. If it had been I had allready made up my mind not to comment but just let it go. That would have let the fire burn out and it is done. No one wins in the game of stoke the fire. And as we have just witnessed everyone looses.

So...here is my thoughts of how I will conduct myself going forward.
1-As people are passionate about their sled choice just like I am I will respect their opinions and comments. I hope others will do the same to me. (Do unto others as you would have others do unto you)
2-I will not respond to negative comments about my character or any of my thoughts/contributions. ( I will humble myself)
3-My contibutions will be communicated considering my brother or sister who share like passion so as not to offend and my words will be carefully considered. (negativity will usually start a fire and we all know how a fire grows as fuel is added)
4-I will put my biases aside and be a help to others and treat other sled brands with the respect they deserve. (there is no wrong brand)
5-I will not be a bully to anyone especially the younger generation just because I have more experience. (these are the ones coming behind and need the help too)
6-Anything else that contributes to the positive experience on this site.

People say that brand bashing is all in fun. Problem is when you start this you tread on dangerous ground. You are playing with fire and sometimes the fire can get out of control. Best is to not go there. There is risk for sure that is undeniable. We can learn from our mistakes or just down play them and carry on and sooner or later another one bites the dust. OUR CHOICE. I have made mine.:d

PS I am a Ginger too.

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see alot of the guys in this thread cutting max in the proclimb issue thread, and could not beleive you cruel comments, most of the time max had dam valid points and i felt the same thing he did, your arogant childless comments did a fellow sleder in from the fourm, larry and others are you proud....

seen a few other green get the tow job on sunday in revy

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ARE PEOPLE STILL POSTING IN THIS THREAD REALLY?????

its the internet people..... you will be fine..... I promise...........

someone tell me what was said I just cant get my head around this?

Last edited:

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
we need more people sharing their knowledge, especially model concerns so we know what to watch out for on certain years of Doos, BRP eventually makes the changes needed but it sure is great that Maxwell and others have contributed ideas that help make our Doos more reliable, climb, handle and accelerate faster, there are no metrics available on how many helicopter rides off the mountain have been prevented or Poos and Cats out climbed by tech help by Maxwell and others like him sharing knowledge without any financial gain by them. we should be thankfull of these folks not spitefull.
some of the brand bashing that sledders doo should stay among friend on the mountain perhaps but it is a loss to everyone on S&M if knowlegdable folks get tired of the negative input and stop sharing, I have noticed that there are a lot more negative replies to threads lately and they are not always out of brand loyalty or brand bashing, just mean comments.
Thanks Maxwell, some of us really do appreciate the help. hope you return, even LHF will miss you. LOL

Top Bottom