A Life Changed forever, let's help support a Great Man

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found this out last night and was shocked.... I wanted to put this on here and see if I can get some members to attend, and support a great man.
Possibly S & M can make a donation for the silent auction.... My Thoughts and Prayers go out the the Kuster Family. Hope to see LOTS of S & M member there... detail at the end of Michelle's story.....Thanks Mare

Quoted from FACEBOOK:

[h=6]Michelle Kuster ( Daughter)

[/h][h=6]ALS..... Three letters that can change your life and the lives of your family........FOREVER.

Jim Kuster, a contributing member of the Westlock community and owner (with his wife, Claudette) of C.C.Cycle for over 30 years, has been diagnosed with ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis). "ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease) is a progressive neuromuscular disease in which nerve cells die and leave voluntary muscles paralyzed" (ALS society Canada). This news has hit family and friends hard as there is no magic pill or cure. Despite the horrific and negative statistics the medical field puts out there for you to read, there are some survivors and we remain optimistic! There are alternatives and supplemental therapies that show promise and hold some hope. We as family, friends, and acquaintances now are reminded just how precious time really is. The checkered flag is not waiving and there are many laps to go in this race.

The disease is threatening to take away Jim's opportunities to live life, sledding in the mountains, bike riding, enjoying the outdoors with his family and friends, looking for that short cut or going where no man has gone before. He will not have the opportunities to finish all the projects he was always looking forward to. Living the dreams you work your whole life for, are now being short-listed for him. The Baja ride his friend asks him to do every year, going to the MX Des Nations, teaching his grandsons to ride a bike; interacting on a physical level with all those he loves, doing what he loves. For all outdoor enthusiasts, those who enjoy snowmobiling, dirt biking, riding a bike etc., I am sure you can empathize. Our heart aches when we imagine the emotional and physical battle he is just starting, and yet he worries he will be a burden to others as extensive care may be required. This is an ideology we want to strike down for him. The man who loves to, figure out and make things better, the man who loves to teach and always has the time to explain; the man who is always the first to jump in and help dig out, drag, or fix anyone's way off a mountain or out of a jam, Jim Kuster. His family is devoted to loving and caring and giving back to him, they are proud to have their turn to help, as we are sure many others out there feel as well.

After 30 years in the community, I am sure many of you know Jim personally. Please take the time to imagine what it would take; what may be needed, to do whatever it takes to gain more time to make lasting memories with those you love. Join us in showing our thanks and support, love, and respect for this very much alive man who always gives and will continue to give his to us.; Mr. James Kuster. We will be hosting a Silent Auction Dinner and Dance to show our support and also to enjoy an evening of reminiscing amongst friends and families. Our intent is to keep things positive and fun!

When: May 12, 2012
Where: Westlock Community Hall
Time: 5:30 pm $3 cocktails
Tickets: $25 will be available shortly available at:
Clancy Graphics 9940 107 St, Westlock, Alberta (780) 349-6877
Total Plumbing & Heating 9855-107st 780-349-4005

** Anyone wanting to donate an item(s) for the Auction, or pledge for the walkathon a family member is hosting with proceeds directly to ALS research please contact:
Michelle Kuster email: m47_kuster@yahoo.ca

Please ensure items for the auction are received no later than May 10, 2012 so they can be added to the event. We thank everyone for their help and support, hope to see you there!
[/h]

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/333237750058803/permalink/334438389938739/

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'll talk with Ron and some other groups I'm involved with and we'll get something together for sure.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this post i know this disease all too well it is heart wrenching to say the least!

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glacier Mountain Lodge will be sending something also...

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just hate when bad things happen to GREAT people. Jim is SO good at giving out information and riding tips. When I go hurt in the Crownest Pass, Jim and family help package up truck and get it to the hospital. This really bites. I sure hope the best for Jim and his family. I encourge others to tell the S@M gang how the Kusters have touched your life in a positive manner. There will be lots of stories.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A My buddy Darrell is good friends with Jim. I probably will be joining him in attending the auction. I will see if I can get some items up for the auction too.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been a long time customer of Jim's and have bought many machines from him. He's always been there to answer any questions and has amazing customer service. I've even gone sledding with Jim and the man can ride like the wind!! Unfortunately I'll be in Fort Mac working during the fundraiser but my folks plan to attend, I'll be there in spirit. All the best to Jim, Claudette, Carl and Michelle!!

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the Classiest guys to ever meet, was out at Carl's when he told last weekend, it is definitely talking a toll on the family, I would like to attend but am most likely to be working out of town on a shutdown, is there anyway I can donate I would like to????

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the Classiest guys to ever meet, was out at Carl's when he told last weekend, it is definitely talking a toll on the family, I would like to attend but am most likely to be working out of town on a shutdown, is there anyway I can donate I would like to????

You can contact Michelle. Her e mail address is in my first post. Thanks

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bringing this up top again....

I found this out last night and was shocked.... I wanted to put this on here and see if I can get some members to attend, and support a great man.
Possibly S & M can make a donation for the silent auction.... My Thoughts and Prayers go out the the Kuster Family. Hope to see LOTS of S & M member there... detail at the end of Michelle's story.....Thanks Mare

Quoted from FACEBOOK:

Michelle Kuster ( Daughter)

ALS..... Three letters that can change your life and the lives of your family........FOREVER.

Jim Kuster, a contributing member of the Westlock community and owner (with his wife, Claudette) of C.C.Cycle for over 30 years, has been diagnosed with ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis). "ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease) is a progressive neuromuscular disease in which nerve cells die and leave voluntary muscles paralyzed" (ALS society Canada). This news has hit family and friends hard as there is no magic pill or cure. Despite the horrific and negative statistics the medical field puts out there for you to read, there are some survivors and we remain optimistic! There are alternatives and supplemental therapies that show promise and hold some hope. We as family, friends, and acquaintances now are reminded just how precious time really is. The checkered flag is not waiving and there are many laps to go in this race.

The disease is threatening to take away Jim's opportunities to live life, sledding in the mountains, bike riding, enjoying the outdoors with his family and friends, looking for that short cut or going where no man has gone before. He will not have the opportunities to finish all the projects he was always looking forward to. Living the dreams you work your whole life for, are now being short-listed for him. The Baja ride his friend asks him to do every year, going to the MX Des Nations, teaching his grandsons to ride a bike; interacting on a physical level with all those he loves, doing what he loves. For all outdoor enthusiasts, those who enjoy snowmobiling, dirt biking, riding a bike etc., I am sure you can empathize. Our heart aches when we imagine the emotional and physical battle he is just starting, and yet he worries he will be a burden to others as extensive care may be required. This is an ideology we want to strike down for him. The man who loves to, figure out and make things better, the man who loves to teach and always has the time to explain; the man who is always the first to jump in and help dig out, drag, or fix anyone's way off a mountain or out of a jam, Jim Kuster. His family is devoted to loving and caring and giving back to him, they are proud to have their turn to help, as we are sure many others out there feel as well.

After 30 years in the community, I am sure many of you know Jim personally. Please take the time to imagine what it would take; what may be needed, to do whatever it takes to gain more time to make lasting memories with those you love. Join us in showing our thanks and support, love, and respect for this very much alive man who always gives and will continue to give his to us.; Mr. James Kuster. We will be hosting a Silent Auction Dinner and Dance to show our support and also to enjoy an evening of reminiscing amongst friends and families. Our intent is to keep things positive and fun!

When: May 12, 2012
Where: Westlock Community Hall
Time: 5:30 pm $3 cocktails
Tickets: $25 will be available shortly available at:
Clancy Graphics 9940 107 St, Westlock, Alberta (780) 349-6877
Total Plumbing & Heating 9855-107st 780-349-4005

** Anyone wanting to donate an item(s) for the Auction, or pledge for the walkathon a family member is hosting with proceeds directly to ALS research please contact:
Michelle Kuster email: m47_kuster@yahoo.ca

Please ensure items for the auction are received no later than May 10, 2012 so they can be added to the event. We thank everyone for their help and support, hope to see you there!

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/333237750058803/permalink/334438389938739/

zeke

Reaction score
I met Jim a long time ago when he still lived in Edmonton and worked at klondike. Bought my first motocross bike from him. Been friends ever since. Saw him at all the races. My kids later got into racing and the work and time he put in at the track in Westlock was amazing. We also crossed paths many times up at Valemount. Great guy and a very nice family. I'll spread the news to the guys at Devil's Lake MX.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also heard .."there MAY or may not" be a sled up for bids.... Some pretty amazing donations are being made. Don't miss this event.

Top Bottom