groomergranny

dgehrke

Reaction score
Hello all
I have been following your forum for a couple weeks and thought it time to introduce myself. My husband and I are returning to snowmobiling after many many years.
I started sledding in the seventies when I was a kid on the farm. My husband did the same. Big fields plenty of snow. The sleds were heavier than but we were younger so it wasn't that big a deal if you got stuck.
When I left home for university my sled days were basically over. My husband stayed home on his farm and sledded into the eighties when the snow dried up and he traded the sleds on a quad for the farm.
We got married and became townies. Took up downhill and country skiing and lately snowshoeing.
In the last year I have developed severe arthritis in my left knee (lots of injuries as a child and also the downhill skiing). to the point that these activities are no longer possible.
I couldn't bear the idea of being trapped in a house for the entire winter so we decided that we should take the leap and get a couple sleds and rediscover our youth.
So it was with much trepidation that we set out yesterday for my first day out at Corbin. I am happy to say that it was the right thing to do. I was a bit worried that I would be useless with my bad knee but I even had to help pull the sled out when I got a little too close to a tree for my liking.
The snow was great, weather great and the mountains -spectacular.
so I think this might be another great winter sport for us. I will be getting a knee replacement and will hopefully be back on the skis but I also know that sledding will likely be a part of lives from here on.
I am looking forward to getting more experience so I can graduate from the groomers to the powder. Kind of feels like starting to ski all over.
Thanks for creating the forum and excuse me when I ask silly questions - the first of which is - what makes the whuppy bumps on the trails. When we skied we blamed the snowboarders for pumping and making the bumps so I am not sure what causes it on the snowmobile trails. Other than the bumps on the first part of the trail at Corbin it was great.

Darlene

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
welcome to the site, and there's no such thing as a silly questions here, though you might get some silly and useless answers. but as soon as you weed out and find the guys who give the good answers you will discover a wealth of knowledge and helpfull people always willing to steer you in the right direction.

enjoy the site

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site...

dgehrke

Reaction score
thnx. Maybe share too much - but what the heck. We only get one chance to make a first impression.

Scooby-doo

Reaction score
Welcome to S & M !!!!!
Believe in yourself stay young at heart!!!!!
As for the whubby bumps they come from being on/off the throttle..
making moguls. Same as sking going side to side pushes snow making mogul..
Enjoy the site. Hope I helped!!!!!

Top Bottom