Skidoo parts service

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are guys out there seeing for turnaround on out of stock parts from there Doo dealer? The reason I ask is the dealer I am associated with recently took on Can Am and now a SkiDoo parts order that used to take 2-3 days has gone to 5-6. They have contacted BRP and no one has given them a solid answer on why this is happening now.Anybody else run into this?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are guys out there seeing for turnaround on out of stock parts from there Doo dealer? The reason I ask is the dealer I am associated with recently took on Can Am and now a SkiDoo parts order that used to take 2-3 days has gone to 5-6. They have contacted BRP and no one has given them a solid answer on why this is happening now.Anybody else run into this?

pretty much anything ordered through turples is 5 days.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my awesome parts lady says it depends on which warehouse has the parts needed. if they have it in vancouver, 2-3 days. if it has to come from the east, 5-7 days. if it's backordered, find something else to do for a few weeks...lol.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We used to be overnight from Vancouver and down east was 2-3. Looks like Can Am is the problem.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer in Golden did great work for me this week. Phoned them late Saturday and requested that they bring in a rear axle XM wheel. They had to order it in. Had it waiting for me when I arrived there Thursday, and Monday was a holiday in much of Canada.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Order before 10am monday and its here in Edmonton Thursday afternoon doesn't matter what part
I would order before 10am and We would have that order The next day even my CanAm Order.I would order every morning aslong as I had over 500 bucks worth of stuff.Sounds like thing have changed.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would order before 10am and We would have that order The next day even my CanAm Order.I would order every morning aslong as I had over 500 bucks worth of stuff.Sounds like thing have changed.

It's very possible my orders come in a day or more before that but they just take a while to get sorted and the phone calls out

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Kenny with more doo's out there and now that there getting crashed or broke down, they can't get there outsourced parts in fast enough from countries like China, Austria, Mexico, India, Great Britian and other local coutries. Sorry Kenny couldn't resist the reply, and heck why stock anything other than fast moving stuff like a-arms, pistons, and kill switches, when people are going to shop the internet anyways except for the loyal few.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
What I don't understand about BRP is when they build new sleds why don't they also build a certain number of spare parts that are available in the early season. My example is an XM taillight; not available in early December.

It seems that they source the parts, in part with the number of sleds sold (ie 10,000 XM's, 10,000 handle bar heaters). That is another one that is still backordered!

It is also strange that the On-line store can find parts quickly and if the dealer that stocks the parts is on the ball, you can received them in an acceptable wait time. (I ordered some LinQ attachments On-line as my dealer wasn't associated with CanAm at the time. They came from Riverside and were in the East Koot's in less than a week with normal mail).

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If ordered before 11am it's next day from Vancouver warehouse, from back east seems to be 3-5 days.

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Order before 10am monday and its here in Edmonton Thursday afternoon doesn't matter what part
Lol. Well we are gonna see if your right come tomorrow. I ordered parts last Thurs and still no call. Chit better be in tomorrow!!

Top Bottom