Skidoo LinQ Deep Snow Pro Bag 30 L - Issues

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I took the bag in to totem outfitters, they had huge selections of nylon ribbon rope and cinches. The guy there knew his stuff, chuckled at the current strap. He would have it ready in 2 hrs for me and would also be adding another clip like what’s in the photo, Said $25. I’ll post pics tomorrow of it all fixed.

5bc7cca1dd1049441c44caade6a66ab6.jpg

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When he’s used to fixing well used gear and sees our overpriced new junk come in....

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the bag in to totem outfitters, they had huge selections of nylon ribbon rope and cinches. The guy there knew his stuff, chuckled at the current strap. He would have it ready in 2 hrs for me and would also be adding another clip like what’s in the photo, Said $25. I’ll post pics tomorrow of it all fixed.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201223/5bc7cca1dd1049441c44caade6a66ab6.jpg
Can you ask them to make that a part # so we can just call there and order a set of straps.

The nylon ones from doo are backordered.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Can you ask them to make that a part # so we can just call there and order a set of straps.

The nylon ones from doo are backordered.

I told him to make a pile of them as he will have many requests for them. He was making it a bit longer with the return clip and melting a hole through the bottom with some support stitching around the bolt. He will still need the top clip though. They have a better clip system as well but will have to remove the stitching from the top of the bag. I don't think that will be required. I'll get his name and see if can post it here, then you go in the repair side and he can get you some straps. If you need some right away PM me, I'm heading there tomorrow at 11 to grab my bag and will let him know to make a pile more.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First thing I noticed with the straps is in certain instances the slack is too long and the velcro does nothing. I just rolled up the strap and rolled up the slack and secured it against the buckle. I have not had a problem with the straps loosening.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep your invoice for straps and stitching as BRP will probably pay for the fix if its not to crazy. They have done that in the past.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I told him to make a pile of them as he will have many requests for them. He was making it a bit longer with the return clip and melting a hole through the bottom with some support stitching around the bolt. He will still need the top clip though. They have a better clip system as well but will have to remove the stitching from the top of the bag. I don't think that will be required. I'll get his name and see if can post it here, then you go in the repair side and he can get you some straps. If you need some right away PM me, I'm heading there tomorrow at 11 to grab my bag and will let him know to make a pile more.
Got a whole new bag on warranty. Will go this route when it happens next time. Thx.

bradtothebone

Reaction score
Thanks Ron, you beat me to Totem. I’ll be there next Monday for my set. Those should work awesome.

My klim altas avy bag has basically the same issue -
they know
about it and will warranty it -
but they want me to send it back. Ok. Sounds good right now.

I’ll get an extra clip to
help
hold it. Amazing pay that kind of money and the straps don’t hold. Story of the year for me.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
1 set left for those who may wish to get them before the holiday.

These have the extra clip to hold it and have a reinforced hole. All you do is replace the bottom strap install this new one into the top clasp and bolt it to the bottom. There sized at 16 1/2"

Last edited:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1 set left for those who may wish to get them before the holiday.

These have the extra clip to hold it and have a reinforced hole. All you do is replace the bottom strap install this new one into the top clasp and bolt it to the bottom. There sized at 16 1/2"

Will you be riding in Sicamous? Looks like a set of those would be handy

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
I have one of the new Skidoo LinQ Deep Snow Pro Bag 30L. Really like how the bag seals with the special zipper, even hold air pressure once you zip it shut. I had one of my clips break on the bottom of the linQ bracket already, had to tie the bag down. But I am also having issues keeping the straps cinched down. I cinch them down and put the velcro around and within 2 seconds the staps have released to the loosest setting. Then the shovel portion is being flung around like a ragdoll, soon to rip off or eventually wear holes through the top of the bag. For the price of these bags at $309 Retail plus tax, they should last a few years. I will check around to change the straps to nylon ones like the other bags then the cinches will work. With the plastic cinch lines they lasted one ride and they were releasing. Who in Edmonton makes these straps that I can get them replaced at. Thank you.

https://shop.ski-doo.com/ca/en/860201985-linq-deep-snow-pro-bag-30-l.html

View attachment 231066
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201222/cb41b80aa79e0bc48b49fdfc7eb8ffa8.jpg

Sorry to hear this, I have not had one issue., they are rubberized to prevent this, what i do it close bag and push air out then the top buckles on and the extra part of the strap is wrapped up, so it can't back out, i never have to redo this as I just unbuckle the two front or two back and top part flips back or forward on the tunnel, then go in bag, close and push air out and buckle it up. the bottom linq look like it was forced closed with ice build up, i have had a buddy do that forcing the linq closed with ice build up before. They are a composite material, strong but nothing should ever be forced. Cheers dave

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, I have not had one issue., they are rubberized to prevent this, what i do it close bag and push air out then the top buckles on and the extra part of the strap is wrapped up, so it can't back out, i never have to redo this as I just unbuckle the two front or two back and top part flips back or forward on the tunnel, then go in bag, close and push air out and buckle it up. the bottom linq look like it was forced closed with ice build up, i have had a buddy do that forcing the linq closed with ice build up before. They are a composite material, strong but nothing should ever be forced. Cheers dave
I have rode with Ron and you can watch it slide back out,you pull it tight and let go and it will loosen off, has done it right in the parking lot with no ice build up as we haven't rode yet.

Top Bottom