"sled solutions" tunnel bag adapted to doo's LINQ system

Bocephus660

Reaction score
i really like skidoo's linq system, but i am not a fan of any of their tunnel storage bags/boxes/backpacks........its seems like they have it all, but nothing really appealed to me. there are many other aftermarket companies out there that offer "quick detach" storage accessories and fuel cans, but all of them require holes all over the tunnel, and a "base" of some form to be left on the tunnel. i like the linq system because the part that is left on the tunnel is small, off to the side, and out of the way with no new holes.... maybe im being picky haha. anyways, the bag that appealed most to me was sled solutions' new e-series line. it uses a quick detach system, but its with those cheesy plastic buckles (and you also have to rivet 1/2 the buckle onto the sled). so, this is what i came up with. i already had the linq parts laying around, so i did a little redneck engineering and came up with this. this is the smaller of the two e-series bags.

the base of the bag is plastic and removable. this base damn near fits between the two linq bases, but not quite. i had to shave off about 1/2 inch on each to get the bag base to fit between the linq bases. the bag also comes with some rubber strips to lay down so the bag does rub directly on the aluminum tunnel.

the linq mounts come with (2) 3/16'' holes in them. i didnt have any decent hardware that size, so i drilled them out to 1/4'' so i could use 1/4'' bolts. i then took some 3/4'' square tube and drilled holes in it to match the holes in the linq mounts. i then went through the plastic "bag base" with those same holes.

then i added a little support on the inside of the plastic base

now that the plastic base is all completely attached to the linq brackets, its time to re-attach the bag itself to its base. those shiny aluminum pieces on the side of the base you have seen in the previous pics are where the straps went through to hold the bag to the base. these straps also are where the original buckle attaches. i took the plastic buckle off of the strap, turned it around 180* and snugged it up tight. this holds bag onto its base. it isnt clipped into anything, it is just a means of cinching down the bag to its base. this all gets covered up as you will see in later pics

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya nice setup.

I'm looking this weekend for a tunnel bag , that's kind of what I'm looking to do.

Not sure on the link mounts tho.

Might go old school and mount the side rails for bag and jerry cans ( like the revs had )

That's what I did on my xp , and used some old sliders riveted down to the tunnel to keep stuff up and off the cooler.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

RyanMuir

Reaction score
Amazing, i bought the same bag and was about to do the same thing today haha. Good taste. Great bag! would have bout the smaller one though next time.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great way to adapt a system to a different case. Genius what a guy can come up with in the man cave. I need to do something with a "Pelican" type case for the camera gear. I just wish I could get a straight answer on how much an image stabilizing lens and Canon 7D body can take, lets face it all the padding in the world isn't going to stop everything strapped to the tunnel of a mountain sled.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Great way to adapt a system to a different case. Genius what a guy can come up with in the man cave. I need to do something with a "Pelican" type case for the camera gear. I just wish I could get a straight answer on how much an image stabilizing lens and Canon 7D body can take, lets face it all the padding in the world isn't going to stop everything strapped to the tunnel of a mountain sled.

The guys I travel with that doo the fancy camera work and carry multiple cameras, store them in their back packs. They have special foam with cut outs in them to store them very professionally.

Top Bottom