ski doo turbo fueling when are they going to come out with auto tune?

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think most of the rod issues are due to detonation from ****ty fuel. Or so i've been told. If the rods were weak they would all blow at a certain horsepower level. So, stronger rods would only prevent a catastrophic failure if you were to detonate. Run high quality fuel everyone!

Great point, i've always ran good fuel, never tried getting away with running more pump fuel, 50/50 mix, sometimes a bit happy with the race fuel when running high boost

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question? Is running boost without an intercooler different the running with? I know it brings charge temps down but is it necessary?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question? Is running boost without an intercooler different the running with? I know it brings charge temps down but is it necessary?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Cooler air = more power. Low boost kits usually don't have them. Higher boost kits need them or the intake air would be too hot and detonation would happen much easier.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't run AV gas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to run av gas but I've moved away from running it, I stick with 50/50 mix of vp c111 and 91 no matter what boost level I'm running, also I add a splash of leaded fuel lubricant, Av is really dry

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bottom line to most engine problems is poor fuel. IMO

SL99For on and off road applications where Fury SL99 unleaded fuels are allowed. Wither it’s your hotrod, boat, motorcycle, jet ski, ATV or snowmobile, you won’t find an unleaded that burns like Fury SL99. Protects 11:1 at 7,500 R.P.M.
Formula Octane 102
Motor Octane 99
Research Octane 105
Specific Gravity .744
RVP 5.6
Leaded Color Aqua would this stuff be good for boost? its unleaded? just curious because if I was to run boost id be running fuel from afd.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MX100MX100 improved formula is an oxygen-rich leaded formulation made specifically for two stroke motocross applications. MX100 is a two stroke-specific performance formulation that is a result of rigorous research & development.
Formula Octane 104
Motor Octane 100
Research Octane N/A
Specific Gravity .717
Oxygen 5.6%
RVP 6.0
Leaded Color Purple

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fury 108 burns cooler than other 108 products on the market and does not leave deposits or dyes in your carburetor or injectors. Protects up to 14.5:1 at 8,500 R.P.M.
Formula Octane 111
Motor Octane 108
Research Octane 113
Specific Gravity .715
RVP 6.8
Leaded Color Purple

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have burnt close to 2000 litres of av between my brother and I on a two stroke turbo and a four stroke turbo. Have never encountered a problem with av fuel.

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brandon petroleum in Edmonton was cheapest I could find last year....haven't bought any this year, but have buy 45 gallon drum was $1.40 liter this past April

chad006

Reaction score
Your local airport should be able to supply it. Two weeks ago I paid 1.63 per litre. as far as I know it registers 100.5 mon and 103.2 Ron. Considering its intended purpose I would say that it is a highly regulated fuel and in most cases would probably register a higher octane rating than that when physically tested. I run it in pretty much everything.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any of you guys heard of or running redline performance fuel box? looks like maybe could be the next best thing to an ecm flash for the etec? what do u guys think?

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any of you guys heard of or running redline performance fuel box? looks like maybe could be the next best thing to an ecm flash for the etec? what do u guys think?

I believe Tss is running this controller on there kits now. Looks similar to boost-it box, but no on the fly tuning box yet from what I've seen. I'd go boost-it box over redline, boost-it has been proven to work.

Top Bottom