ski doo turbo fueling when are they going to come out with auto tune?

chad006

Reaction score
finally found the block function, works great!

just keep on beaking cause I wont be seeing it.

Perfect then we can keep this on track. Comp turbos is another outfit that builds an oilless turbo i don't have any experience with them but at least another option to look at.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get over it already BOOST IT works, why would they want to add a tank when there **** works and there customer service is top notch?

They are not going to add it to keep you happy I can tell you that, because everyone else is more than happy period.

If you want to play with fire and run a heintz 57 all the power to ya.

I have to agree. I think Neil would be crazy to sell this guy a kit.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want a self contained turbo go with AeroCharger. If Boost-it used AeroCharger's turbo's,, that'd be the best kit around.

i'm pretty sure Neil used to run a HM turbo with his fuel controller and now he has moved away from that.... so i'm sure that happened for a reason, personally i would not want to run a variable vane turbo, the only experience with aerocharger i've had was with a guy that had 5 years worth of tuning put into the kit for it to run properly

I see boondocker has tank less turbo's for the pro's and they are fed with factory oil pump. they are also garret turbos as well what are your thoughts on those? I wonder if we can get them for doo's?

anyhow back on topic. borg warner, garret , and kpa turbo's have tank-less options do you think boost -it could supply the same turbo kit just with a charger that doesn't require a tank?

oil fed from the factory oil pump sounds like a cool idea seeing that you can run injection oil in the turbo no problem, i'm not a mechanic and i don't know the capacity or the frequency of the stock oil pump on the Xm, but i know the boost it system is it's own entity, it works and i don't have to worry about it.

Also i dont believe that boondockers self lube turbo is a garret, it appears to be a MTA turbo, which i've never heard of.

so i went on their website and selected some of the stuff your asking for and here you have it

boondocker.jpg

Attachments

• boondocker.jpg
    boondocker.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 171

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyways i'm done giving my opinion, if i havn't convinced you now, i'm never going too. best of luck with whatever kit you choose, just return the favor and let us know how it works

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm pretty sure Neil used to run a HM turbo with his fuel controller and now he has moved away from that.... so i'm sure that happened for a reason, personally i would not want to run a variable vane turbo, the only experience with aerocharger i've had was with a guy that had 5 years worth of tuning put into the kit for it to run properly

Boost-it has run the AeroCharger's in the past. My friend has one, works awesome.
I like the aerocharger because its self contained and I like the variable vains too.
IMHO AeroCharger (the turbo itself) is a better turbo than the alternatives.

All the new Etec kits can be tuned to run good, Impulse,Aero,Boost-it, TSS ext

Comes down to who you want to deal with.

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boost-it has run the AeroCharger's in the past. My friend has one, works awesome.
I like the aerocharger because its self contained and I like the variable vains too.

Only downside i see with the aerocharger is the price of the replacement turbo if those vains mess up and munch something. Make sure to check your shaft play!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only downside i see with the aerocharger is the price of the replacement turbo if those vains mess up and munch something. Make sure to check your shaft play!

Yeah forsure, the AeroCharger is twice the price of a Garret. Worth it though IMO.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you ridden them side by side? I'd love to try out an aerocharger.

Not side by side, I've ridden them both though. The garrets make power ext. I mainly like the Aerocharger for its simplicity.
Its tight enough under the hood on an Etec already. And I like how you can tune how the boost comes on with the variable vains.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hm turbo= aero charger turbo

For me It's the tuner behind the fuel controller+ the quality of parts used + price + customer service = consumer experience

and another thing to take in consideration is the location, nothing like trouble shooting over the phone or via email to somebody in kansas, for me I can stop by the shop on my way to the mountains from alberta and watch my sled get worked on by professionals right in front of me, huge plus in my books

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

For me It's the tuner behind the fuel controller+ the quality of parts used + price + customer service = consumer experience

and another thing to take in consideration is the location, nothing like trouble shooting over the phone or via email to somebody in kansas, for me I can stop by the shop on my way to the mountains from alberta and watch my sled get worked on by professionals right in front of me, huge plus in my books

Fair enough, nothing wrong with Boost-it's kits :beer:

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks for all your info greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Going back to fueling, between boost it and tss kits the xic and the red line tuner witch so you forsee being the easiest to run and most user friendly? For sure boost it has a stellar rep with the xic, that being said do u guys this that having a red line box would be more of a pull and go kit with not having ability to make any changes and screw any settings up?

That boost it vox that you've got, you mentioned u have to make zero changes to is that by choice or doest ot come locked from Neil so it can't be messed with?

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going back to fueling, between boost it and tss kits the xic and the red line tuner witch so you forsee being the easiest to run and most user friendly? For sure boost it has a stellar rep with the xic, that being said do u guys this that having a red line box would be more of a pull and go kit with not having ability to make any changes and screw any settings up?

That boost it vox that you've got, you mentioned u have to make zero changes to is that by choice or doest ot come locked from Neil so it can't be messed with?

Really lol, with respects to TSS I'm not going to give my opinion on the first half of that question.

The second question, the box coming from Neil is unlocked, on my previous sled the box from TSS had the boost locked. Funny cause they charged me $250 dollars for a electronic boost controller that I couldn't use...I ended up having to bring the sled to boost it to get it unlocked(thanks TSS)

that being said, I've got 4000 boosted km's riding now on the boost it box and zero changes made, sure a little tweaking could be made on my TSS, their map isn't the greatest there's a small mid range bog but It isn't that big of an issue, as for my new boost it kit on the 2016, that thing runs absolutely flawless Im %100 certain I'll never need to make any changes to the box, I just forget its there and grip it and rip it, in todays world people don't want to be tuners, I don't, I'm not a mechanic and I don't want to be messing with any fuel controllers and trust me boost it doesn't want people to be either

Last edited:
Top Bottom