Silver turbos? How are they? And how is the polaris engine liking the boost?

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey boys, looking at picking up a used Pro RMK with a silber turbo on it. I'm just wondering if it's worth my time or I should steer clear, I'm just looking to have a little fun slide with boost. Is there any issues I should be looking for or aware of? I've never owned a pro before, I've always been an XM owner like I said I just want to have the spare sled with a turbo on it for s**** and giggles. Let me know your thoughts I'm curious to see what you have to say.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey boys, looking at picking up a used Pro RMK with a silber turbo on it. I'm just wondering if it's worth my time or I should steer clear, I'm just looking to have a little fun slide with boost. Is there any issues I should be looking for or aware of? I've never owned a pro before, I've always been an XM owner like I said I just want to have the spare sled with a turbo on it for s**** and giggles. Let me know your thoughts I'm curious to see what you have to say.

The engine likes the boost, it will give it longevity. The turbo system is an entry level kit and is IMO a cheaper kit. The fuel control is the area that you need to look at. If it has the old dobec box it won't run well. The newer ones have the bulldog controller and some have been retrofitted with the Boost it box. With either of these it runs fine.

I speak of his newer kits, I have no experience with the older kits.

mt.sledder

Reaction score
The new system that came out on the 15's that have the reflashed ecu's and kpa turbos run real well. I have installed about 25 Silber kits and the reflashed ecu's with larger injectors are sweet. They don't make the big power that an intercooled boost it kit makes but they will hold their own with the others. Great tree riding sleds.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a 2013 pro and I has a silver kit on it with a bully dog tuner. I! Not sure if that would be the same kit as the new one your talking about with the ECU reflash?

Higgins I got rid of that pos trygstad and got a t3 lol.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new system that came out on the 15's that have the reflashed ecu's and kpa turbos run real well. I have installed about 25 Silber kits and the reflashed ecu's with larger injectors are sweet. They don't make the big power that an intercooled boost it kit makes but they will hold their own with the others. Great tree riding sleds.
What does a new cost to purchase here do you know?

Top Bottom