Silent Pass conditions

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the weather did up top? Looking to head out this weekend with my dad for a ride

I saw you commenting that you were looking to ride for a day trip but Revy was too far. If you are considering Silent pass its just as long if not longer to drive to Silent Pass depending on what km they stage at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fahrns

Reaction score
Silent is still staging at the Mcmurdo bridge. Lots of logging traffic. We punched in about halfway to the waterfall today. It was stupid deep. The cat caught up to us and its groomed to the trailhead. Anybody want to try to punch it to the top tomorrow with me? I'm on my own. The was a lot of exposed water even before the waterfall meadow. Creeks didn't get a chance to freeze over before the big dump this week. Had to build some snow bridges.

Sent from my S6

polarischik

Reaction score
Never been up to silent before. Thinking about checking it out this weekend? Mostly newbies though. With some open water would it be best to stick to Quartz or is there an area we can goof around in?

polarischik

Reaction score
Never been up to silent before. Thinking about checking it out this weekend? Mostly newbies though. With some open water would it be best to stick to Quartz or is there an area we can goof around in?

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would definitely stick to quartz for time being. If no one has been into silent yet will be a long day for some newbs. Water fall isn't going to be in the best shape yet I wouldn't think. Quartz is great for new riders. Warm up cabin, super safe and easy to get to terrain in cabin valley

Last edited:

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like mentioned above... You are wasting your time if you are newbies, The waterfall gets hairy when it gets pounded out. If no one has been up it.... Id imagine it would be a good time haha

polarischik

Reaction score
Thanks! Just figured Quartz will be super busy. But we know the area so will just head there!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would definitely stick to quartz for time being. If no one has been into silent yet will be a long day for some newbs. Water fall isn't going to be in the best shape yet I wouldn't think. Quartz is great for new riders. Warm up cabin, super safe and easy to get to terrain in cabin valley

guys... I was in last sunday. we never went up or down the waterfall and nobody has even tried the waterfall. If was too deep. and from farhns report I wouldn't even try it this weekend. probably have to go up the old way through the trees.

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone have pictures of the waterfall in the spring time??

sledrat403

Reaction score
guys... I was in last sunday. we never went up or down the waterfall and nobody has even tried the waterfall. If was too deep. and from farhns report I wouldn't even try it this weekend. probably have to go up the old way through the trees.

How is the trail up from the road to the meadow before the waterfall? Is there any base to hook up on? Wow that looks deep holy

Fahrns

Reaction score
how far of drive is silent from the town of radium?

1 hr to Parson if the roads are good and then another 45min to the unloading area if the road is plowed and in good shape. P.S. watch for logging traffic. They can't stop for anybody when they're coming out loaded and there are some bad blind corners on that road.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1 hr to Parson if the roads are good and then another 45min to the unloading area if the road is plowed and in good shape. P.S. watch for logging traffic. They can't stop for anybody when they're coming out loaded and there are some bad blind corners on that road.
Are they logging on the weekends? I don't recall that they logged on weekends...

Fridaysoff

Reaction score
What km is parking at right now ? Is it up by the bridge around 46 ?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is the trail up from the road to the meadow before the waterfall? Is there any base to hook up on? Wow that looks deep holy

There were 3 open creeks, and brutal on the way out. In any event someone did put in a really nice trail.... Given nobody has made it that far since Monday, this post will be irrelevant after this weekend

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone have pictures of the waterfall in the spring time??

I would love to see this as well if anyone has a pic. Can't wait to hit Silent. Maybe I've just been lucky but always have a great day in there.

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love to see this as well if anyone has a pic. Can't wait to hit Silent. Maybe I've just been lucky but always have a great day in there.
agreed, Id really like to go back there in the spring to become more familiar with a couple places. knowing the terrain without snow seems to be very beneficial.

Top Bottom