Silent 2013/14

Summit800_Andy

Reaction score
really? crashidy was there tues its now fri, have you checked the weather forecast? yes or no? has it snowed in golden yes or no? if you cannot figure out what the conditions are like from the info given and do a little research, I don't think you have the skills to make the right decisions in the back country.

-pano-dude

Wow easy killer. Dude just asked if anyone was there recently. Seeing as you live in Calgary maybe you don't realize how weather works in the mountains, where weather can be very isolated to certain areas. There has been snow in the forecast and Ive been to Gormans and had 20cm of fresh when the weather forecast, and kicking horse only said 2 cm. Seems some people are so eager to call others out on this site when its really for the sledding community to help each other out.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow easy killer. Dude just asked if anyone was there recently. Seeing as you live in Calgary maybe you don't realize how weather works in the mountains, where weather can be very isolated to certain areas. There has been snow in the forecast and Ive been to Gormans and had 20cm of fresh when the weather forecast, and kicking horse only said 2 cm. Seems some people are so eager to call others out on this site when its really for the sledding community to help each other out.

haha really man? That's like the pot calling the kettle black if you ask me. I will tell you that anyone's location means jack **** about them knowing conditions in the hills, because some of us grew up there and still ride there as much as the locals. Grew up a BC boy and been riding in these hills for over 25 yrs, thanks for the pre-fab'd opinion though. Just so happens that my office is based in Cowtown so I got the 403 area code on my phone. Some of the guys who have posted on this thread are in these mountains on a daily basis in the winter, guiding or skiing, sledding or all of the above.

Anyway, the conditions are great in Revy, Golden needs more snow.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

help each other out or hold each others hand?

stupid questions get sharp answers, if there was anyone out riding these areas they would be posting up info.

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought that was the whole point of the site was to ask for info, don't think she specified asking about the conditions could of been wondering about the water fall. Just don't see the reason to be a D!ck about it!

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silent.........but violent !

DUMB.jpg

Local Weather Report for
[SIZE=+1]Parson[/SIZE]
British Columbia, Canada

1px.gif
8x8arrow.gif
Parson Weather Forecast Summary
1px.gif
Today
Dec 11th
Thursday
Dec 12th
Friday
Dec 13th
Saturday
Dec 14th
Sunday
Dec 15th
D_MCLDFLR.gif
MIXED.gif
MIXED.gif
MIXED.gif
MIXED.gif
Mostly Cloudy with FlurriesMix of rain and snowMix of rain and snowMix of rain and snowMix of rain and snow
-2°C
3°C
-3°C
2°C
-3°C
3°C
0°C
5°C
2°C

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silent.........but violent !

View attachment 163827

Local Weather Report for
[SIZE=+1]Parson[/SIZE]
British Columbia, Canada

http://img.weathercity.com/1px.gif
http://img.weathercity.com/8x8arrow.gif Parson Weather Forecast Summary
http://img.weathercity.com/1px.gif
Today
Dec 11th

Thursday
Dec 12th

Friday
Dec 13th

Saturday
Dec 14th

Sunday
Dec 15th

http://img.weathercity.com/icons/48x48/D_MCLDFLR.gif
http://img.weathercity.com/icons/48x48/MIXED.gif
Mostly Cloudy with Flurries
Mix of rain and snow
Mix of rain and snow
Mix of rain and snow
Mix of rain and snow
-2°C
3°C
-3°C
2°C
-3°C
3°C
0°C
5°C
2°C

yeowza......I hope it doesn't hit 5 degrees and rain, it'll be wet stuff up top if it socks in at that temp.

Might have to truck on through to Revy/Sic instead.

Summit800_Andy

Reaction score
haha really man? That's like the pot calling the kettle black if you ask me. I will tell you that anyone's location means jack **** about them knowing conditions in the hills, because some of us grew up there and still ride there as much as the locals. Grew up a BC boy and been riding in these hills for over 25 yrs, thanks for the pre-fab'd opinion though. Just so happens that my office is based in Cowtown so I got the 403 area code on my phone. Some of the guys who have posted on this thread are in these mountains on a daily basis in the winter, guiding or skiing, sledding or all of the above.

Anyway, the conditions are great in Revy, Golden needs more snow.

Well maybe he's some backcountry guru who lives in Calgary. Regardless, as a person who lived in the mountains you should how weather can work here. When someone asks a very simple question as their FIRST (not 5000th) post, to reply to it like a dick (as that guy choose to do) is weak and would have been much more beneficial to this site and just not posted anything. Honest question for someone looking for early season info IMO.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So...anyone been there in the last bit? ahha jk.

Last edited:

wakeandsnow

Reaction score
Anybody been riding the past week in silent? And I will not accept a beating for asking this question from some Calgary douche-bag. Haven't been to silent yet this year, and I know that in my back yard there isn't enough snow.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody been riding the past week in silent? And I will not accept a beating for asking this question from some Calgary douche-bag. Haven't been to silent yet this year, and I know that in my back yard there isn't enough snow.

hahaha, thats funny. what would you do send an e-punch to the monitor.....

WildWestDooing

Reaction score
Been there Sunday and Monday, Sunday was poor visibility so play at treeline excellent snow but there some stump and rock. Monday was good and play up alpine were excellent but need 3 feet snow to cover some rocks. Wow Heaven Mountain .jpg

kfrey

Reaction score
Agree with wildwest, was there on Sat. Had fun in the trees with enough pow but nicked a couple trees and rocks. Was socked in so didn't go back side. Up top was sketchy, watch for rocks and creeks not filled yet.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i'd suggest some place other then your back yard then

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out last week. No one around and lots of powder. Still thin. Hit some rocks etc... Parking still at 45km ish. Active logging and ploughing to be done thru jan. Best if u don't have a radio to wait for a truck heading up and follow. I followed one the other day and buddy was going 90km + on the straights. Would hate to run into one of those guys coming at you!!

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I posted in here yet or not. They will be logging past the Silent turn off until mid Jan. Then down near the turn off till mid Feb. Then they will be logging near the 33km similar to last year until the end of the season. So the sled ride will be short this year to get to the riding zone!!
I was out there on Tuesday and had great snow in the trees. It was snowing hard! And snowing hard here in town right now.
Should be a good start to the holidays!!
Keep in mind the total snow pack isn't super deep yet and you can still hit cut off trees from previous years..... There are lots of alpine rocks around still uncovered that you might be use to passing by without concern...... be concerned, silent has square rocks.... haha. They are ski grabbers! lol
Braaap!!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Rode silent today. Conditions are decent. Was a fair bit of fresh up top

Parking at 45 still.

Trail in is beat up pretty bad.

Water fall is good.

Still slush on the first lake
Probed to 140 cm

Road is very icy up to the 9km
Our group pulled a truck and trailer out of the ditch on the way out. Drive slow

I snapped my steering post off and had to get towed out from the top. Sucked pretty bad

Sent from my iPhone using

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about sled Mike. I was up to silent on the 23rd, lots of land mines, had to push quite a ways in to find fresh.

Top Bottom