Silent 2013/14

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure we haven't got much for snow in the past week or so.... Unless u were hailing ur sleds with a civic I don't see a problem getting to km 46 even if it hasn't been plowed

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode silent today. Go anywhere snow. A bit of wind sift. Pretty nasty surface hoar growing on top of sun/temperature crust. New snow on that will be an issue.

Otherwisy bluebird

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391048832547.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391048832547.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 656

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Rode silent today. Was a great time.
Pretty sketchy in the avi scheme of things. Played in the trees and meadows. Lots of stucks

Dustylane

Reaction score
Its been a few years since i have been back into silent, is there still good places a person can go and still stay a safe distance from any avalanche areas? I realize its in the mountains and there is always a avalanche risk.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its been a few years since i have been back into silent, is there still good places a person can go and still stay a safe distance from any avalanche areas? I realize its in the mountains and there is always a avalanche risk.

yup great place for safe fun times. lots of trees away from run out zones. As always be beaware of your surroundings and overhead danger.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Are they logging on the weekends also or just during the week?

thanks

Depends , I always expect to see a log truck but usually it's during the week, but there's mechanics and other people working on the equipment so you still gotta call your km's and not block the road on the weekends

goldtip

Reaction score
Rode Silent Pass for the first time this past Friday, was mostly a blueburd day as the weather stayed just south of there. Lots of windblown tracked up area's up in the Alpine and incredible views. Would have loved to play in some of the chute's up there, but let common sense and a prior check of Avy danger help control my need for a good adrenaline bump. Got into plenty of untracked soft snow down in the bottoms along the creeks and in the tree's and stayed safe. Golden is a great town and was very sledder friendly, so had a great time.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fanfreakintastic day today! Fresh Groomed trail and all the pow you could eat today. Don't get much better than that.

Summitdoorule

Reaction score
So... How far are you guys going into the staging area??? Is it still at 45k???... Are they done logging for the season???... Thanks for the input...

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
staging at 40km, trail up to mcmurdo fsr turn is starting to show gravel. in good shape the rest of the way.

not a lot of fresh, was probably about 20-30cm from the wed-thurs storm but was pounded down by sunday.

Top Bottom