Silber or BoonDocker side kick

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silber should be here in a couple weeks. I'm guessing it's going to run as good as the others from last year.

Nice! So you had one last year? How much was that bad boy? Going on a 17?
im lookin for a pump gas kit that rips, I just want to hold iT
to the bar all day and not worry about a thing

Last edited:

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think all turbo purchasers should be very happy to day. There are so many great kits available to choose from. We have choices from lower boost non intercooled, price friendly kits all the way to high horsepower intercooled systems. Different strokes for different folks, as long as there a 2 stroke...

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pump gas and no worries are words that aren't compatible in the turbo snowmobile performance world.
IMO.
Agreed. All these so called pump gas kits are so low boost. It looks like from everything I have read,any of these kits at 7 lbs and 6000 ft need 30% race gas or 50% or better running av.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not everyone can afford to drop 7-10 grand on a race gas turbo or the fuel bill to ride every weekend. I don't really understand what good trashing everyone else's kits does for the industry but I can't see a whole lot of benefits from it. If you don't want to run race fuel or have to spend a bunch of money on suspension as well, these low boost kits are pretty awesome. Give me a sled with close to 200 hp at altitude and no guages with pump gas and try to wipe the smile off my face. All this 'my kit is better and everyone else's is junk' is getting old. Lots of nice kits out there just depends on what a guy can afford.

This is the point that i was trying to get across. Thanks for not being so defensive.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much boost can I run on pump? I don't want to pay for race gas.
i just want 200hp all day pinned.

I also don't believe in the pump gas. They claim u can. but u get a tank of old prem and your going to wish u had some av In the tank. I was being a cheap a$$ a few winters ago. Good thing I have good friends.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
This brings us back to the boxes, there is no question that a pumpgas turbo will perform as advertized. My kit ran at 7 pounds boost for 2 years without a hiccup until I had to have more and with the twist of a bolt i was at 9 pounds and having to run 25% av gas to keep it burning properly. The bullydog adapts perfectly and it ran as good but now pulled pretty hard but again not the chute climbing beast which I dont want anyways. The technology in these boxes are amazing and the future is only going to make more improvements. You can have a reliable 180-200 ish horsepower with stock responsiveness and within a lower budget but many people buy these thinking they should perform like the big boys, well give your head a shake, you get what you pay for its just a matter of figuring out your riding level. I will say it again, take your time do your research and throw your greenbacks to someone that is gonna give you support after the purchase because no matter what there still is some clutching etc that needs to be adjusted no matter what. Riding time is huge and the longer you can go trouble free the better, I dont want to tweek with electronics anymore cuz my kit has spoiled me I guess so I will be as educated as possible for my next kit, if there is nothing better I will be back running the same kit with a big grin trust me.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
how much boost can I run on pump? I don't want to pay for race gas.
i just want 200hp all day pinned.

I'm thinking your joking around but here's a good comparison to think about.
2 cylinder 200hp turbo snowmobile engine-100hp per cylinder. 8000rpm up to 1minute wfo.
8 cylinder 800hp turbo car engine-100hp per cylinder. 5500-6500rpm in 10 second bursts.

The next time that you are at the drag races, have a walk through the pits. Walk up to 10 different racers and ask them if 87octane in a 800hp turbo 8cylinder car will be reliable. Maybe inquire about running no gauges and just a factory ecu reflash also on the v8 turbo.
Report back on the answers that you receive.

Last edited:

PolarisAssault91

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a tss kit on there Axys?
Yea I have and am currently still running their kit on my 16 axys 163. I owned a boondocker setup prior to purchasing this kit as our dollar is so poor compared to the states. So I figured I would support our local boys and am glad I did. Kit flat out rips and would eat my past set up running same boost etc. Anyone looking to get into the turbo market I highly recommend the boys up at TSS to get you going. Polaris Cat Doo..High/Low boost kits they have something for all and they work. Any doubts check out Chris Browns sled vids and you will realize.
:i_need_snow:

Attachments

• Snapchat-6207678963901641435-1 (1).jpg
    Snapchat-6207678963901641435-1 (1).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 523

Jolly

Reaction score
Yea I have and am currently still running their kit on my 16 axys 163. I owned a boondocker setup prior to purchasing this kit as our dollar is so poor compared to the states. So I figured I would support our local boys and am glad I did. Kit flat out rips and would eat my past set up running same boost etc. Anyone looking to get into the turbo market I highly recommend the boys up at TSS to get you going. Polaris Cat Doo..High/Low boost kits they have something for all and they work. Any doubts check out Chris Browns sled vids and you will realize.
:i_need_snow:

What kit are you running?

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So original post says Silber or Boondocker... Unfortunately I have Zero seat time with either. From my standpoint Silber USED to have bad rap due to rideability, tuning, Qaulity, materials, various other issues. However from what I see and read they have made unprecedented changes to Axy kit such as, Qaulity the products used are top notch in the turbo world, tuning .. They have perfected the remap of fuel curve and other parameters of the stock ECU which is unique. I'm certain they have learned from their mistakes as they can't keep up with the demand... Would I buy a Silber .. Yup. Great price & Qaulity product now. Visit snowest, hardcore sledder, & Polaris forum there are hundreds of happy Axy customers. One thing that I like .. They do amazing SS welding .. It's top notch.

(I mention welding... I think it's important as it tells you they have pride of what they make and the customer sees)

Boondocker... One of first guys to start mass building turbos for 2 stroke applications, extensive history, they perfected the kit on pro (they do rock), excellent craftsmanship, new electronic compensating boost control, etc. They do like the tunnel dump, myself I'm not a fan of drilling at 54mm hole in my tunnel.

Personaly I would buy either both are smile makers.

However keep in mind there are some quality turbo builders in AB with EXCELLENT customer service.

Good luck with your choice.

Cheers

mt.sledder

Reaction score
Have a look at how clean this Silber Axys kit looks. Exhaust exits out the stock location. No holes drilled in your chassis. Stainless v-band housing, Turbosmart comp 40 external waste gate, polished stainless exhaust, integrated blow-off valve. Nobody has a cleaner easier to install kit. Lets hear your comments!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a look at how clean this Silber Axys kit looks. Exhaust exits out the stock location. No holes drilled in your chassis. Stainless v-band housing, Turbosmart comp 40 external waste gate, polished stainless exhaust, integrated blow-off valve. Nobody has a cleaner easier to install kit. Lets hear your comments!!!!!
We have a new kit coming to try out for the season.

AK FULL THROTTLE

Reaction score
The plastic wire cover that is hokey taped together is gonna catch fire and burn the sled to the ground. It's resting on the top of the turbo which can get 1200 degrees hot. Kindly reroute to avoid catastrophe.

It is laying on the compressor, that will not get hot enough to burn anything....

Top Bottom