Silber or BoonDocker side kick

Akpowderhound

Reaction score
Silbers nickname isn't slobber cause they run good! Go boondocker! Or give Chrisco on here a shout and talk to him about a MNTK kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the Silber from the early days are nothing like the new kits. Seen it first hand. They rip for the price tag.
Thats the turbo kit I'd jump on if I had the $$$$!

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the Silber kit worth and what do you all get with the kit?

mt.sledder

Reaction score
What's the Silber kit worth and what do you all get with the kit?

Silber kit comes with a turbosmart comp 40 external waste gate, ceramic ball bearing KPA turbo with an integrated recirculating BOV. Our system is designed to quickly install without modification of the sled. Our exhaust system is constructed of 304 SS and fully polished. The exhaust exits the OEM location in the belly pan allowing for simple installation. Charge air is fed to the engine through a custom molded silicone charge tube. The intake air is routed to the turbocharger through a carbon fiber cold air intake. The custom wrapped carbon fiber intake is feather light and adapts seamlessly to the OEM hood. This allows for cold air to be drawn through the stock hood vents. The kit comes with all the clutching and there is nothing else needed to get you on the snow.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silber kit comes with a turbosmart comp 40 external waste gate, ceramic ball bearing KPA turbo with an integrated recirculating BOV. Our system is designed to quickly install without modification of the sled. Our exhaust system is constructed of 304 SS and fully polished. The exhaust exits the OEM location in the belly pan allowing for simple installation. Charge air is fed to the engine through a custom molded silicone charge tube. The intake air is routed to the turbocharger through a carbon fiber cold air intake. The custom wrapped carbon fiber intake is feather light and adapts seamlessly to the OEM hood. This allows for cold air to be drawn through the stock hood vents. The kit comes with all the clutching and there is nothing else needed to get you on the snow.
what change from previous kits has improved the performance the most

Reaction score
Cant wait for this kit to arrive and get it installed.

2-1/2 weeks for kit to ship.

Hate waiting...

Sent from my iPhone using

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Silber is $3800 USD x 35% = $5130 CDN The Mntck kit is $5950 CDN equates to $820 more for the Mntck. For the $820.00 CDN you get a Borg Warner EFR turbo, water to air intercooler with a bigger heat exchanger and a Bullydog GT tuner. It looks to me that the cheapest kit isn't the cheapest kit. Am I missing something?

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Direct ECU programming would be the biggest thing..... No box out there can fuel your sled better than the stock ECU.
What is your target air/fuel ratio at 5 lbs? 7lbs? 9lbs? Do you tune for best hp or best torque? How much track speed increase do you have over stock at say 7 lbs boost and what fuel do you run? What is the best rpm for a turbo Axys?

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Silber is $3800 USD x 35% = $5130 CDN The Mntck kit is $5950 CDN equates to $820 more for the Mntck. For the $820.00 CDN you get a Borg Warner EFR turbo, water to air intercooler with a bigger heat exchanger and a Bullydog GT tuner. It looks to me that the cheapest kit isn't the cheapest kit. Am I missing something?

Don't forget the shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Looking for advice are we?
I know the answers to all of those questions. I am curious if the seller of these particular kits knows? He has proclaimed that the fueling they use is the best. Every prospective buyer deserves to know why. Would you not agree?

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I know the answers to all of those questions. I am curious if the seller of these particular kits knows? He has proclaimed that the fueling they use is the best. Every prospective buyer deserves to know why. Would you not agree?

I do agree that they need to know what they are getting. But you also know they are dealers of a pull and go kit. They know how it acts and that is enough. Would many snowmachine dealers know the answer to those questions for a factory sled off hand? If anybody wants more info Justin is just a phone call away just liked you are are.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

A few years ago, you'd bring up some valid questions. It's pretty safe to say now though, that the ECU reflash kits are pretty well proven. Besides, the vast majority of the guys riding turbo sleds couldn't care what the numbers are, as long as the sled works.
Nice to see your back... missed ya :)

Rwestlake

Reaction score
Boondocker all the way. I've installed 8 kits and they have all worked pretty flawless. Greyson let's put them on the sled dyno at boundary motorsports and see which one puts down the power. I bet dinner Boondocker wins.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The stand alone system is no longer needed with the refresh. And most people don't want to spend the money for the cost of a stand alone fuel controller when the reflash is just as good.

Top Bottom