Side by Side or Quads?

07summit

Reaction score
Just looking for a opinions and I know everyone here has got one or two! I'm looking at either buying a side by side or a couple of quads for the wife and I but I'm not sure which way to go. I would like to take with us camping since we do have a toy hauler, but in all honesty for the most part they or it will be used around the acreage, running dogs and ripping back and forth from a few close by fishing holes. I am better off getting a couple quads so the wife can ride at her own pace and just throw a little trailer behind one for chores around the house or should I go side by side and hope she holds on real tight in the passenger seat?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have had both.
2 quads, 1 quad and sxs and now just a sxs.

really enjoyed all of them. With one sxs we find it a lot of fun and both drive at different times.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
my biggest concern with only having 1 unit (sxs) is if something goes wrong out in the bush with that unit you are walking back to camp. Where as if you have 2 quads most times you'll at least have a way to drive back to camp.

07summit

Reaction score
I guess I should also add to my list of questions for the SxS guys are the Rangers any good on the trail, I like the size of the box for doing chores at home but RZR looks a lot more fun or uhhh, capable so we don't get stuck if my wife asks!

Ken6712

Reaction score
I would suggest that you measure your toyhauler and make sure you can fit two quads in it. My sons 2 Can Am's don't fit side by side in my toy hauler.

Ken6712

Reaction score
I have an 800 Ranger and it does have some limitations on tight trails. The cargo area does make up for it and it goes plenty fast enough for me. I put a 2 inch lift on it and that solved most of the getting stuck issues.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my biggest concern with only having 1 unit (sxs) is if something goes wrong out in the bush with that unit you are walking back to camp. Where as if you have 2 quads most times you'll at least have a way to drive back to camp.

I will stay with the sxs and have wife walk back....

i have thought of that also or it stuck bad too...

but I also hunt alone and ride for miles by myself...

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our friends have a ranger. They go all the places we go just a little slower and tight in some spots..

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looking for a opinions and I know everyone here has got one or two! I'm looking at either buying a side by side or a couple of quads for the wife and I but I'm not sure which way to go. I would like to take with us camping since we do have a toy hauler, but in all honesty for the most part they or it will be used around the acreage, running dogs and ripping back and forth from a few close by fishing holes. I am better off getting a couple quads so the wife can ride at her own pace and just throw a little trailer behind one for chores around the house or should I go side by side and hope she holds on real tight in the passenger seat?

Where abouts are you located, maybe you could hook up with one of us members to help you decide.

shaunm

Reaction score
I have a RZR S and a 800 sportsman love them both the rzr is more stable on the hills and is amazing in mud and rally driving the quad is better in the tight trails but I can go almost anywhere with the rzr

07summit

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys, leaning pretty hard towards the side by side. Now I just need to make the decision of which one of those... oh the options, looks like I'll be spending plenty of time on kijiji much to my wife's delight!

..Stiffler..

Reaction score
Sxs's are great for family. You want something for work and fun. Get a commander.

2012 Camo Commander 1000 XT

-28" Zillas on 14" Diesels
-///AIRDAM Primary
-HMF Swamp Series XL
-Pro Armor Doors
-X Fox Shocks
-HD Tie Rods
-Half Windshield
-Sport Roof / Rear Screen
-SSV OH Stereo
-PPSM Snorkels
-HD Bumper
-Rock Sliders
-Billet Shifter
-Bash Plate
-Muzzy Black Box

hedge

Reaction score
I've only tired a sxs on a demo ride, couldn't understand the draw really. pretty much hated it, I'll stick to quads.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've only tired a sxs on a demo ride, couldn't understand the draw really. pretty much hated it, I'll stick to quads.
I've had quads for years, the SXS to me is a whole new deal and fun as heck! learning where it can and can't go has been fun, I am actually quite surprised at what it will do. not to mention having a companion ride along, and not having to get out to hook up the winchline....lol. well, except with the wife....when I look at her when we're stuck she just looks back at me like "as if, you clown....you got us here...." need to train her better...lol.

her response? see below....LMAO
2012-08-06_18-48-33_801.jpg

having all kinds of room for storage, cooler, tunes, saw, doors and a cage to deflect branches etc....these machines are all that and a bag of chips. maybe it's an age thing, but i see and know lots of young fellas that have them and love them just as much.

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey go riding in a group setting trying each sxs out. If it only costs u a few bucks in gas, you get to meet new people have some fun, lots of laughs. Cant go wrong having a cage to protect u and a passenger to get out and hook up the winch for u.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SxS if you like to DRIVE. Quad if you like to RIDE. There's a difference. I'm still a quad guy...not for lack of convincing by Rzr101, Arff, Rzrgade...

Top Bottom