Side by Side Comparison - looking for advice

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your dealer dont have your back at all on that thing. Sucks when you just take it easy on your stuff and it just falls apart. I have 31" outlaws with 2.5" lift and snorkelled with airdam clutches have only broke one axle and blown one belt and thats with mud and water usually to the steering wheel. I must have gotten lucky to get such a good machine i guess. My buddy has rzr xp with 30" silverbacks and has broke over a dozen axles must be that he got the only bad rzr xp. You should sell that thing and buy a rzr and hopefuly you have better luck with it.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems the xp holds up fine so long as you don't throw big aggressive tires on it. I don't think weak axles are the problem either. This is just a theory, but I think the excess width of the machine is the culprit...with a fully locked rear end while turning the inside wheel has to spin in place to keep up with the outside one. The wider the machine, the greater the difference in speed between the inside and outside wheels. A small, light tire with less grip can skid around easily, but put a large, heavy and grippy tire on it and the inner wheel will have much more resistance to skidding, causing the drivetrain to bind resulting in axle and differential failures. Just throwing it out there put this could be why the xp has axle and rear diff issues that the s doesn't seem to have.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a lot of RZR s fans out there. I am a cat guy in the winter but I could be swayed here... I do want a good machine for what I want it for. It also seems like most people are on a RZR and not to many comments from Wildcat Owners.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's not many wildcats out there yet. I've never seen one on the trail. But from what I've read there not handling the mud very well. I test drive one last year and it was an amazing machine power and suspension wise. But I don't know about the durability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

mick

Reaction score
My .02

Rzr s - great trail machine, good at everthing, needs more power for dunes

Rzr xp - great in the dunes, good power, too big for me

Wildcat - best suspension on a sxs, short on power, too big

Commander - Fanciest golf cart around, good power, a pig on the trail, too heavy, too unreliable

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My .02

Rzr s - great trail machine, good at everthing, needs more power for dunes

Rzr xp - great in the dunes, good power, too big for me

Wildcat - best suspension on a sxs, short on power, too big

Commander - Fanciest golf cart around, good power, a pig on the trail, too heavy, too unreliable

Pretty well sums it up right there !! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my XP but the axles are crap, warranty could be better as well 6 months doesn't cut it and i've heard some horror stories about the extended.

Top Bottom