Should I turbo?

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have wanted to turbo one of my two strokes but honestly every time I ride with someone with a turboed two stroke they never run consistent. Maybe its just the guys I have rode with but they claim they run flawless but oh on this day it seems to be blurbing on the bottom and oh on this day oh my clutching isn't right for the conditions. With mine and other four strokes turboed that I have ridden with they run consistent day in and day out. They are more reliable, better forgiving when it comes to clutching and just don't seem to be finicky at all.
I would really like to ride a whole weekend with someone who has a well set up two stroker that honestly runs consistent. Might change my mind!
Not trying to be an ass but they all remind me back in the days when we were jetting! Not set right and can ruin you days ride because who wants to mess with it on the hill!

Last edited:

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Challenge accepted Vipertonytro, been riding my turbo pro with the mtntk kit for 2 seasons going on three and it runs better than stock at 8 pds boost with a splash of av gas, no bog no hickups ever and maybe isnt close to the big boost kits but I am not a chute climber anymore so I am super happy with it. I have consistantly let total strangers ride my sled to try it out because no one believes it that good until they get done with the ride and not one person has come back without a huge grin on thier face! True story for niner, he was so impressed that he got off his wallet and joined the boost group and believe me he will forget all about the cash very soon ha ha.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you married? I know this seems irrelevant but bear with me....

There are some who choose the steady, low maintenance woman... they know will be reliable and probably not require a lot of upkeep to maintain a happy harmonious relationship..... It is a wonderful life. Oh sure the low maintenance woman can be surprising and exciting, but you married her for love... a love that will last a long time. Your out of the box stocker

There are some who yearn for the exciting woman.. full of surprises and volatile as the day is long but undeniably sexy... Sometimes they need more tlc.. and a little more effort to gauge their moods so as not to create frustration and a blow up but wow!!!! What fun and excitement! The relationship may not last long.. but surely you will forever crave that turbo charged excitement, there is no going back you will find another. ..... your 2 stroke turbo....

For those who crave both.. not wanting to compromise reliability, but still want excitement of a turbo some go for the 4 stroke turbo... perhaps a little meatier than the supermodel version.... but the amount of boost you can run with the 4 stroke turbo will most certainly make your arms longer.

Be as careful making this choice as you would your wife. Do research, and get some real world insight from those who run the particular brand of turbo on their sled. Real world experience, in my opinion makes all the difference. Make sure you get a professional install as most of the time installation is the make or break difference of how well a boosted sled runs.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There are some who choose the steady, low maintenance woman... they know will be reliable and probably not require a lot of upkeep to maintain a happy harmonious relationship..... It is a wonderful life. Oh sure the low maintenance woman can be surprising and exciting, but you married her for love... a love that will last a long time. Your out of the box stocker

There are some who yearn for the exciting woman.. full of surprises and volatile as the day is long but undeniably sexy... Sometimes they need more tlc.. and a little more effort to gauge their moods so as not to create frustration and a blow up but wow!!!! What fun and excitement! The relationship may not last long.. but surely you will forever crave that turbo charged excitement, there is no going back you will find another. ..... your 2 stroke turbo....

For those who crave both.. not wanting to compromise reliability, but still want excitement of a turbo some go for the 4 stroke turbo... perhaps a little meatier than the supermodel version.... but the amount of boost you can run with the 4 stroke turbo will most certainly make your arms longer.

Be as careful making this choice as you would your wife. Do research, and get some real world insight from those who run the particular brand of turbo on their sled. Real world experience, in my opinion makes all the difference. Make sure you get a professional install as most of the time installation is the make or break difference of how well a boosted sled runs.
Wow, that's a different way to put it lol

Way too funny trish

I like the simple, reliable race version, where u can gas and go ride, gets u there and keeps getting u there

Last edited:

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

haha - There's no such thing as a low maintenance sled (or woman).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwbKYcBdVyk

Little Buddy

Reaction score

Some can get away with a wife(stock), girlfriend(2st turbo), and hookers(4st turbo)....
Lucky S.OB.s

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some can get away with a wife(stock), girlfriend(2st turbo), and hookers(4st turbo)....
Lucky S.OB.s

hahaha but if the 2 stroke found out, you can bet she'd make life toyless for said guy....... she'd probably end up with all the toys... they are smart like that.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id sure like to see that! Im not being an ass and not saying it isn't possible I'm just saying that I have rode with a LOT of two strokes that don't seem to run consistent.
Would be interesting to ride with you and see one that actually runs good and the same day in and day out!

Challenge accepted Vipertonytro, been riding my turbo pro with the mtntk kit for 2 seasons going on three and it runs better than stock at 8 pds boost with a splash of av gas, no bog no hickups ever and maybe isnt close to the big boost kits but I am not a chute climber anymore so I am super happy with it. I have consistantly let total strangers ride my sled to try it out because no one believes it that good until they get done with the ride and not one person has come back without a huge grin on thier face! True story for niner, he was so impressed that he got off his wallet and joined the boost group and believe me he will forget all about the cash very soon ha ha.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Right on, I am ready to go anytime after this weekend, I go Revy way or Vale, don't care but I am not as familiar in Vale thats all. I will pm you when we go and if it can work with your schedule lets shred some pow... boost rules!!!

Top Bottom