Should I switch to a Cat?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
IMHO...... If you have to ask other's and second guess yourself, I would have to say "no" you shouldn't switch to a Cat. I have lot's of friends that Cats and love them, and wouldn't ride anything else. I think there very smooth and responsive. But it is honestly not my choice of rides, with that said. It shouldn't matter what make you own/ride, as long as you have fun riding

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Mods on this site are selected for there wordly knowledge and high reputation in this sport. I think what Doug is really saying is that you should go out and buy a new Doo etec. Lol.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow it was joke hence the lolol even kyle got that!! all the grownups got that! go play somewhere else ya keyboard hero.

So what your saying is that they aren't the kings of the parking lot?what are they king of then? Actually come to think of it, my proclimb is the king of stuck lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what your saying is that they aren't the kings of the parking lot?what are they king of then? Actually come to think of it, my proclimb is the king of stuck lol

you guyskeep cornering me! lol. ya i seen you posted you were in allan creek today. stuck fest for us aswell!

akmcat

Reaction score
I have a new proclimb 800 153 sp, I switched from an 08 M1000. The suspension is hands down way better, the chassis performs very well in deep snow, it is much more nimble than the M chassis. Overall I am very happy with the way the new proclimb handles and the power, but its a love hate relationship there are some underlying issues cat has yet to resolve. The belt blowing issue, the jackshaft nut backing off, snow ingestion into the intake, as well as a few other minor issues, the gas gauge doesn't work well, you cant see into the gas tank, the rear tailight will cut a hole in your cover, my sugestion would be to wait until the next model year for a new proclimb or get an '11 leftover.
My 2 cents

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my BAD pro-rmk. all these pro names and not to many pros riding them i guess got me confused LOOOL

Amatuer,Pro RMK rider here, I generally like the Cats and hope the new one is good. But the fact that Cat used Pro in their name one year after Polaris named their sled the Pro Ride is just GAY! (not that there is anything wrong with that) Don't care who used the term Pro first.

Last edited:

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi there, this is my first post on this site. I have been reading alot on here about the new pro climbs and so far I like what I hear!! I am rather new to the sport and have only been rideing for about 4 years. I have had 2 Polaris machines and have had engine trouble with both. I think that all the brands have good and bad things about them. I love my 2010 dragon but I am tired of the un easy feeling I get every time I ride it not knowing if it will break down or not!I guess all I wanna know is how much everyone loves their pro climb and how much fun they are to ride!I am thinking that Arctic Cat is the way to go!Please help me decide!Thanks
I'd say like one guy said earlier rent a few different sleds and see how u like them. ThenI would look at the good and bad of all the sleds and how good the service is and how good the warrentys are. My son got to ride a few different sleds and we ride yamahas which are the most reliable but heavy and need a little more power, I supercharged my apex love it but heavy. He bought a 2011 m8 , 162 and he loves it ,and I did my homework on articat and the m series are very good sled. I find the tunnel is little light because they don't advize u to tow anything with it but other than that I'm impressed with the sled and i've been a yamaha man for 30 yrs but I hope u find the sled u want and test a few before u buy. good luck

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guyskeep cornering me! lol. ya i seen you posted you were in allan creek today. stuck fest for us aswell!

Lol I'm just kidding with you.

To be totally honest I'm not all that impressed with the proclimb. Sure the suspension and ride are 1000x better over the m series, but the massive spindles cause too much drag, and throw the sled the opposite way when you try to do a nut in 8" of snow. I can do donuts on my m series on hard pack. Chances of it staying around for next season are slim.

BOOSTED

Reaction score
Amatuer,Pro RMK rider here, I generally like the Cats and hope the new one is good. But the fact that Cat used Pro in their name one year after Polaris named their sled the Pro Ride is just GAY! (not that there is anything wrong with that) Don't care who used the term Pro first.
Silly goose!Everybody knows Cat had the pro first! Started i believe in 2003Sno Pro ring a bell!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my 2012 ProClimb. I will admit that I was less than thrilled the first two rides out. AAAAAAND, to make matters worse, when I was struggling with the new chassis, my husband would offer me his 2012 Pro-Assault and I was loving it.

However, I did a little digging and did some changes to my suspension set-up to make it customized for me. The next ride out rocked and I have been in love ever since. It's a fabulous sled- easy to sidehill and carve, nice throttle response and super soft when landing jumps. My husband built a kicker through the trees for me, and no matter how fast I went or how far I flew, the suspension sucked up the landing easily. By the fourth jump, it was the speed that was getting scary and not the landing at all!!

I am waaaaaaay more confident this season because my sled responds so well to my body language. Because I am less fatigued by maneuvering the sled, I am more consistent in my technique and less stuck, which means less tired from digging and so on...

My sled is stock, except for a can so I am really excited to see what a few clutching changes and steering, ski, and or track upgrades could do...

Top Bottom