Should I switch to a Cat?

poon

Reaction score
Hi there, this is my first post on this site. I have been reading alot on here about the new pro climbs and so far I like what I hear!! I am rather new to the sport and have only been rideing for about 4 years. I have had 2 Polaris machines and have had engine trouble with both. I think that all the brands have good and bad things about them. I love my 2010 dragon but I am tired of the un easy feeling I get every time I ride it not knowing if it will break down or not!I guess all I wanna know is how much everyone loves their pro climb and how much fun they are to ride!I am thinking that Arctic Cat is the way to go!Please help me decide!Thanks

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to S&M poon. I can only say from hear say, but the people I know that have them, LOVE them. I ride the older M series and I love it. Im sure you'll get some better replies, good luck. :D

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe read the proclimb issue thread. if you like messing around with a junk product the m8 is for you myfriend. stick with poo and get a new proclimb 163

Maxwell makes a mistake wow. I believe proclimbs are arctic cat.

Anyhow I think there are far more m8 proclimbs out there that have been working flawlessly than not. We have one and have had ZERO issues. All new chassis styles have some bumps. Let's think back to 2008, its amazing BRP has any customers left after that gong show.

The only manufacturer that I would trust on a new model for reliability is Yamaha, just be prepared to fork out the $$ for aftermarket mods to make it how you like it.

If you like the new cats rent one, or go with a buddy that pulled the trigger on one and try it out. I would never make a decision based on other people's opinions alone.

poon

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. All my friends ride ski doo but none are stock so it's tuff to ride them and get a real feel for them. They are 174"x3". I may just have to rent a new e-tek and a new proclimb and see what I think. Thanks

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just switched from an m series and I love my proclimb. It's 10x better then the older chasis in my opinion. You will love it if you get one. Maxwell made a mistake..... WHAT???? Now we know he is human... Haha.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell and I were on our 2nd 26 when he posted. Easy mistake to make in the shape he was in.Lol.

trhaus

Reaction score
before u jump ship and buy a new cat, take all your buddies sleds for a ride. ride them all find a chassis u like. i know it will be hard to judge them but at least u will have a better idea what u are comfortable on. i have a new cat 800 proclimb and im in love with it.

H2O

Reaction score
I would say buy the Pro climb...... There are too many Pro RMKs out there now. Besides I like to see if any of them fat kitties are competitive.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just switched from an m series and I love my proclimb. It's 10x better then the older chasis in my opinion. You will love it if you get one. Maxwell made a mistake..... WHAT???? Now we know he is human... Haha.

Says the guy who just spent 13k on a sled. Talking to guys who will give it an honest review not just because they dropped big bucks on a sled thats only meh they like it but are definetly not blown away by it. Most prefer the older chassis but the new one will grow on them eventually... hopefully...

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Says the guy who just spent 13k on a sled. Talking to guys who will give it an honest review not just because they dropped big bucks on a sled thats only meh they like it but are definetly not blown away by it. Most prefer the older chassis but the new one will grow on them eventually... hopefully...
I think the general consensus of those who have went from an older chasis to the new proclimbs are pretty much the same.. Everyone loves them. Maybe you should go read my "real world proclimb review" thread and there you can see my honest reviews... The good, and the bad are listed there. I said in my post, that's it was my opinion. I never blatantly said they are better and no one can argue with me, and that I'm right, you're wrong. No. In my opinion, they are 10+ times better then the old chasis. I own both. I find the new proclimbs way easier to ride. Suspension is amazing, handling in powder is amazing.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the general consensus of those who have went from an older chasis to the new proclimbs are pretty much the same.. Everyone loves them. Maybe you should go read my "real world proclimb review" thread and there you can see my honest reviews... The good, and the bad are listed there. I said in my post, that's it was my opinion. I never blatantly said they are better and no one can argue with me, and that I'm right, you're wrong. No. In my opinion, they are 10+ times better then the old chasis. I own both. I find the new proclimbs way easier to ride. Suspension is amazing, handling in powder is amazing. Im into that sled now for about 16g and I have ZERO regrets.

Brojoe

Reaction score
I sold my 2010 M8, and bought a new 1100t, rode it one weekend, and put it for sale. Now riding a new '11 M8. For me, I really enjoyed the older M. I probably should have tried the new M8, but I know what I like and what works for me. JMO

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold my 2010 M8, and bought a new 1100t, rode it one weekend, and put it for sale. Now riding a new '11 M8. For me, I really enjoyed the older M. I probably should have tried the new M8, but I know what I like and what works for me. JMO
I should have mentioned this before... I'm talking about switching from an m series 800 to a pc 800. The 1100 turbos are a whole different kind of animal. I know guys that dislike them as well compared to their older m chasis. But that could just be the part of a 4 stroke that they dislike the most. Anyways. My opinion remains the same. Proclimb 800 is king

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should have mentioned this before... I'm talking about switching from an m series 800 to a pc 800. The 1100 turbos are a whole different kind of animal. I know guys that dislike them as well compared to their older m chasis. But that could just be the part of a 4 stroke that they dislike the most. Anyways. My opinion remains the same. Proclimb 800 is king

king of? parking lot? lolol

Top Bottom