Seriously now...

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on another note if i have a jeep cherokee which is all wheel drive. at what speed is it safe for me to shift into 4x4? i need to know cause once i find the switch i may want to shift it.
i will try to look in the manual for the switch location.

I also have a Grand Cherokee, if you find the switch please post a pic. Is yours the diesel?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
on another note if i have a jeep cherokee which is all wheel drive. at what speed is it safe for me to shift into 4x4? i need to know cause once i find the switch i may want to shift it.
i will try to look in the manual for the switch location.

Hahahahaha....

My SVX is AWD as well and it'll do 235 km/h + in 4x4.....

When I bought the pathfinder I was told that it is just harder on the drivetrain when traveling at high speeds in 4wd....

I drive older trucks and maybe I'm just overcautious, but I always come to a complete stop before engaging 4x4 and then when I kick it out I back up 20' or so to help it disengage...

I never shift on the fly... maybe I can but when your trucks are 15-21 years old I'd prefer not to take the chance...

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahahahaha....

My SVX is AWD as well and it'll do 235 km/h + in 4x4.....

When I bought the pathfinder I was told that it is just harder on the drivetrain when traveling at high speeds in 4wd....

I drive older trucks and maybe I'm just overcautious, but I always come to a complete stop before engaging 4x4 and then when I kick it out I back up 20' or so to help it disengage...

I never shift on the fly... maybe I can but when your trucks are 15-21 years old I'd prefer not to take the chance...

I shift on the fly at any speed in my 08 Ford if I need it, did that with my last two GM's too wich were fairly new, but the older ones I would slow down to less than 80k as per the owners manual. These were auto hubs, with manuals you have to stop.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have a Grand Cherokee, if you find the switch please post a pic. Is yours the diesel?

no ours was the gasser 3.7 and an 06. lol couldnt find the switch so i traded it in on a f150 now i cans finds da switches.:d

but all kidding aside it was an awesome unit. rode and drove nice and was ok fuel mileage.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no ours was the gasser 3.7 and an 06. lol couldnt find the switch so i traded it in on a f150 now i cans finds da switches.:d

but all kidding aside it was an awesome unit. rode and drove nice and was ok fuel mileage.

I have an '08 with the diesel, I ordered a tuner from Germany and tweeked it to my liking then lifted it 2" and now it's a great unit I'll keep it until it falls apart. I do like the all wheel drive.

Top Bottom